SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:46 AM
Joined May 2008
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukie View Post
thats odd? mine feels awfully sluggish
sluggish - maybe it depends on power setup.

i've got a 1m m/m hexa alu frame, 2x6s-4900mah, 13x6.5 cf props, gimbals/cam not installed and it feels sensitive.
- will try 2x5s lipo & 13x5 props setup and i suspect it will soften up my sticks, otherwise will try expo.
ikotikot is offline Find More Posts by ikotikot
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:28 AM
France, Bretagne, Combrit
Joined Mar 2005
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apache74 View Post
I didnt see any reply nor comments to my above post.
Nobody had a similar/same issue?
I am still stucked with this problem.
Any idea/solution? Help please!
Hello,

No PPM experience with YS-X6, but I have success with sBus (Futaba R6202SBW).

I have PPM sum receivers (7 channels Futaba R6107SP) on my MultiWii configurations but they do not work with my APM2.

With APM2, I have a FRSKY TFR4 with PPM Sum 8 channels.

I did not try it with my YS-X6... as the option was not valid when I got it.

Feel free to contact me via private msg...

Marc
mlebret is offline Find More Posts by mlebret
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:37 PM
France, RA, Bossey
Joined May 2011
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlebret View Post

Feel free to contact me via private msg...

Marc
Will do. tks
apache74 is offline Find More Posts by apache74
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:09 PM
Spain, PM, Andratx
Joined May 2011
11 Posts
tried to install on ipad but without ipa file i have no idea how to do. can someone help please
anyvision is offline Find More Posts by anyvision
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:05 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
Is someone flying a big octo? If yes, can you please share your PIDS?

Thanks
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:08 PM
Philippines, Central Luzon, Marilao
Joined Jun 2008
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
Is someone flying a big octo? If yes, can you please share your PIDS?

Thanks

im flying on an octo setup, havent moved forward from my maiden since there is an issue, using my default settings my maiden flight felt sluggish on the sticks.

Why are you asking? having issues?
rukie is offline Find More Posts by rukie
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:06 AM
France, RA, Annecy
Joined Mar 2009
124 Posts
hi guys , i have some difficulty to connect y6 on my PC
driver don't work , i build an octo , all is well connect but impossible to parametre asses

thx
Jool2metz is offline Find More Posts by Jool2metz
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:44 AM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukie View Post
im flying on an octo setup, havent moved forward from my maiden since there is an issue, using my default settings my maiden flight felt sluggish on the sticks.

Why are you asking? having issues?
No, its because I'm using an skyjib hexa with YS-X6 for over 8 months now and had almost 0 issues, but now I built a big octo and want to know other people experiences.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:57 AM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
Well, I'm ready for my maiden flight with my octo + ys-x6. But I have a question, I've already calibrated my throttle inside the GCS, no problem here. I'm using SimonK ESCs.

The problem is that my front motor (OCTO +) is starting with a delay, all the other 7 motors starts at the same time, but I have to push the throttle a little more to start the front motor.

Is there a way to correct this? The calibration is ok, but the motor still delayed. I've swapped ports 1 and 2 in YS-X6 to test if the problem was from ESC/MOTOR and found that the motor 1 still has a delay in relation all others so the problem seems to come from either the motor or the ESC...

Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:12 PM
Philippines, Central Luzon, Marilao
Joined Jun 2008
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
Well, I'm ready for my maiden flight with my octo + ys-x6. But I have a question, I've already calibrated my throttle inside the GCS, no problem here. I'm using SimonK ESCs.

The problem is that my front motor (OCTO +) is starting with a delay, all the other 7 motors starts at the same time, but I have to push the throttle a little more to start the front motor.

Is there a way to correct this? The calibration is ok, but the motor still delayed. I've swapped ports 1 and 2 in YS-X6 to test if the problem was from ESC/MOTOR and found that the motor 1 still has a delay in relation all others so the problem seems to come from either the motor or the ESC...

Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks
Im habing the same issue with mine. Your kinda lucky since mine has 3 delayed motors
rukie is offline Find More Posts by rukie
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:24 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2012
150 Posts
Great news!!! Peter from zerouav finally responded to my mail (after I called their sales to follow-up on my mail requesting for support for high IMU readings). He said it is normal to have high IMU reading after a crash..He sent me a new firmware, I uploaded it to my ap, performed gyro zeroing... and the result is great, all the IMU readings are now back to zero.. I have to test it yet over the weekend though... I AM HAPPY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgg05158 View Post
Thanks for your support Mr Westie, will be waiting for your analysis.. I have not used the hj files before so I don't know how this can be useful.. Since I am not the not the only one experiencing this issue, I believe this is a bug.. I do hope zerouav stands behind their product as they did to you.. I have already written to zerouav technical and so far no response.. I tried calling them but they are uncontactable maybe due to the coming Chinese New year..

Tim
sgg05158 is offline Find More Posts by sgg05158
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:44 AM
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
Hi guys. Need some help with my ys-x6. How do I recalibrate the esc? I did once and was successful but one my motor was not calibrated because the positive negative wires soldered to my distribution board did not touch correctly. So I soldered and its working now. However only 5 out of 6 motors are calibrated and running. The other one didnt run. I need to redo the calibration again. Followed the steps by pushing d sticks as v-shape and full throttle my sticks on setting mode. When connecting to my esc, it didnt get into d setting mode. It just initialized the 5 motors n left the 4th motor uncalibrated. Can someone helpe out? Thank you

Busz
Busz is offline Find More Posts by Busz
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:21 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2012
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busz View Post
Hi guys. Need some help with my ys-x6. How do I recalibrate the esc? I did once and was successful but one my motor was not calibrated because the positive negative wires soldered to my distribution board did not touch correctly. So I soldered and its working now. However only 5 out of motors are calibrated and running. The other one didnt run. I need to redo the calibration again. Followed the steps by pushing d sticks as v-shape and full throttle my sticks on setting mode. When connecting to my esc, it didnt get into d setting mode. It just initialized the 5 motors n left the 4th motor uncalibrated. Can someone helpe out? Thank you

Busz
Did you by any chance reversed you throttle stick? Even though you esc is not properly calibrated it should make the motor rotate as soon as you increase the throttle and not as you describe.... could it be a bad esc? One weakness of ys-x6 is the absence of indicator when it is armed So maybe the v shape you did was not recognized by ap, try using enable ensurance from the gcs.. another option is to calibrate that remaining esc alone.. hope this helps..

Tim
sgg05158 is offline Find More Posts by sgg05158
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:47 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Mar 2007
783 Posts
Maiden of our new Kratos with the YS-X6, need some tuning but GPS hold is already perfect out of the box

Flexacopter Kratos Maiden Flight (15 min 10 sec)
holco is offline Find More Posts by holco
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:25 PM
Joined Apr 2006
5 Posts
Hi,

I have a big big problem. I am building a huge octocopter (5kg payload) and I am fighting with huge bugs in YS-X6. First of all PC application doesn't seem to work at all. It displays data but it is unable to read and write settings. Buttons doesn't work. I overcame this problem using my android phone but not for long (still it is only a workaround, I still want to be able to use PC for this). I made a test quadcopter and successfully flew YS-X6 but when it came to Octocopter I'm stuck. During build I didn't pay attention to which motor is number one and it turned out, that I made it the opposite way that YS-X6 wants (motor nr 1 should be CCW, number 2 CW and so on, mine is opposite). Normally (MK, MultiWii, AutoQuad) it is just a matter of changing mixing table. Unfortunately mixing table in my YS-X6 doesn't work at all! Using my phone I can read and write data into it but with no effect at all. Moreover, when I use installation guide and set my craft to for example nr 1 (quad) it seems to operate motors correctly but mixing table shows null values. My airframe makes it unable to change the motor directions at this point (ESC's are hard closed inside arms and I can't rotate frame by 1 motor because it has led's glued in). I tried different firmware versions that I found over the internet (zero-tech website isn't helpful at all). Anyone solved this issue?
rcmodelarz is offline Find More Posts by rcmodelarz