SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:13 AM
Philippines, Central Luzon, Marilao
Joined Jun 2008
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
What happens when your tx/rx goes bad and you don't spot it.

http://youtu.be/M_JyTxIr5JY
hj file
https://www.box.com/s/8nk1j26ftnewr0eugw81

For some reason the FC was no longer reading the throttle properly.
At idle it was 106, above the normal max 90
Somehow I manage to arm it in this state.
I could not see the GCS screen due to poor laptop display and sun.
Otherwise it would have been obvious something was wrong.
Lesson, always do a full preflight check that includes the GCS
wow!!! what happened with that?
any damage?

By the way im currently configuring my ysx6 through my Samsung galaxy ace. I think there is a bug or compatibility issue. Because I cant seem to locate the next button in my phone screen. Anybody has this issue?

Also I cant seem to have my esc's calibrated. I just follow the instruction in the new quick access guide and place my gcs to "settings", then arm the multi without the esc and powering it up within 5 seconds. But it doesnt do it for me.
rukie is offline Find More Posts by rukie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:37 AM
Joined Jun 2008
566 Posts
I do believe that the ysx6 is a good system. But the zerouav guys need to listen and wisely invest for bettor instruction guides, and better gui for their gcs.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:49 AM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukie View Post
any damage?

Also I cant seem to have my esc's calibrated. I just follow the instruction in the new quick access guide and place my gcs to "settings", then arm the multi without the esc and powering it up within 5 seconds. But it doesnt do it for me.
A faulty TX/RX

Broke an arm.
Batteries a little bent.
Equipment tray broken.
A fairly good outcome considering the alternative, complete fly away .

Calibration.
Take a video so we can see what is going wrong .
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:40 AM
Joined Jun 2008
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
A faulty TX/RX

Broke an arm.
Batteries a little bent.
Equipment tray broken.
A fairly good outcome considering the alternative, complete fly away .

Calibration.
Take a video so we can see what is going wrong .
Hi Mr westie,

I maidened my ysx6 today and it did not go so well here are my observations. By the way I experienced almost the same thing

1. First of the stick setting is not spot on, I think I just need to configure this in the gcs but what the heck it can fly it so I continued with my maiden. I just expected the default settings to give more control

2. I have no expo or anything but the throttle also seems sluggish, the altitude hold is good but I can only lift it up at around only at 70% throttle same goes with trying to lower it. It pretty peculiar.

3. I was able to calibrate the esc and, at test the motors would start all at the same time. Without props I played with the throttle and it was responding quite well. I decided to test it and was able to lift it up and did a couple of maneuvers. At landing I noticed that the motors are no longer in sync with each other some are spinning at about 10-15% throttle some do not. At this time I checked my GCS again everything seems to be in order so I started it up. At 10 throttle the whole craft was wobbling and I guess this is because the motors are not running at the same speed. Upon throttle increase everything synced up so I managed to fly it

4. I decided to the some hovers and figure 8's again and noticed that the craft is oscillating. I checked the vibration and everything and all was fine. So i guess its a matter of PID tweaking right?

5. I observed my gps and everything seems to be working as designed so I flew it. All was well until I landed, I was able to touch ground but at throttle down the nose went haywire and flipped the whole craft.

Damage

1 carbon prop and a few scratched on the gps. I havent assess the motors yet but everything seems o be fine.

My plan is to recheck my control alignment and esc calibration? but I really dont know .

Heres my setup

HL 650kv pancake motors.
F30 Hobbyking esc with simonk fw
Octo vulcan
and ysx6

any inputs guys?
Last edited by rukie; Feb 03, 2013 at 01:44 AM. Reason: spell check and additional info
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:40 AM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Hi

I have ordered for Futaba T8FGAS, mean while I have Fly Sky FS CT 6B (http://www.flysky-cn.com/eShowProducts.asp?id=57) which is 2.4 Ghz AFHDS which I like to try, did anyone tried to fly with any other RC Tx? You think I can use FS CT6B?

Thank you.
MultiPro is offline Find More Posts by MultiPro
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:15 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
any damage?

By the way im currently configuring my ysx6 through my Samsung galaxy ace. I think there is a bug or compatibility issue. Because I cant seem to locate the next button in my phone screen. Anybody has this issue?

Rukie,
You need to power your FC with external battery plugged in replacement of "red" plug, the arm motors, push stick to 100% then power ESC with your big Lipo.
Wait for all esc make their tone then decrease to 0% throttle.
ESCs calibrated !
Don't forget to set the neutral position (all sticks centered)
Maximus
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:58 AM
Joined Jun 2008
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus-rc View Post
Rukie,
You need to power your FC with external battery plugged in replacement of "red" plug, the arm motors, push stick to 100% then power ESC with your big Lipo.
Wait for all esc make their tone then decrease to 0% throttle.
ESCs calibrated !
Don't forget to set the neutral position (all sticks centered)
Maximus
Hi

this is what I did

To calibrate I powered the FC first, I used the "red" plug but at this point my ESC's arent powered up. I push Init setup in gcs and did the V thingy with my throttle and then throttle up. After that I power up the esc. I believe I manage to calibrate the esc's since I hear the esc beeps your talking about.

In sticks calibration what I did was push my sticks to its limits and center but I leave my throttle at minimum. Is this correct?

by the way do you have any inputs on my maiden experience posted above?
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:15 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Hi

this is what I did

To calibrate I powered the FC first, I used the "red" plug but at this point my ESC's arent powered up. I push Init setup in gcs and did the V thingy with my throttle and then throttle up. After that I power up the esc. I believe I manage to calibrate the esc's since I hear the esc beeps your talking about.

In sticks calibration what I did was push my sticks to its limits and center but I leave my throttle at minimum. Is this correct?

by the way do you have any inputs on my maiden experience posted above?
Sticks must be pushed from 0 to 100%, not centered and gaz on my setting go from 7 to about 90 ....
Your crash make me think about bad ESC/chanel calibrations...
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:04 AM
Joined Dec 2012
5 Posts
OOps !

Hi Guys

Below is a copy of email sent to 'zerouav' tonite ...... it's self explanatory - can anyone on here help - oops! or should I now invest in a jumbo size box of tissues! :-(

Hi

Just aquired a used YS-X6 (Serial number xxxxx)

I was setting the system up before mounting it into my Quadcopter frame and after reading on your website www.zerouav.net I decided to upgrade the firmware.

I am still new to the YS auto-pilot and all your firmware download files are on the same page on your website - I accidentally loaded 'YS-X4-20130101-Enc.arm' into my YS-X6 and it accepted the file!

Now I seem to have a problem because my YS-X6 will no longer accept the correct firmware file 'YS-X6-20121111-firmware-Enc.arm' ?

Please help, I was really looking forward to using my YS-X6 instead of DJI Wookong-M which has a much lower spec.

Best regards
Dale UK is offline Find More Posts by Dale UK
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:14 AM
Joined Jun 2008
566 Posts
[QUOTE=maximus-rc;24019019]Sticks must be pushed from 0 to 100%, not centered and gaz on my setting go from 7 to about 90 ....
Your crash make me think about bad ESC/chanel calibrations...[/QUOTE

My throttle reads the same on my gcs .7 at minimum and around 100 i think at max

What i meant with centered is upon pushing the sticks from 0 to 100 the
The aileron rudder sticks return to center
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:00 AM
Joined Jun 2008
566 Posts
Also please note that i managed to fly and land it for 3 times. Before it flipped, i was able to land it and touch ground.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:05 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2012
150 Posts
Anyone encountered Faulty IMU?

Anyone here encountered faulty IMU after sometime? Yesterday my Hexa crashed again, first the GPS did not hold well, tried to land it so I put to altitude hold but it just charged forward at 2 feet from the ground and boom!!

Last night, I was trying to fix my hexa and found the reading from the IMU very high @ >10000.. I think my IMU died on me. That could have the reason why sometimes I would notice the LED would turn pure white on flight.

I just want to know how much would it cost to replace my IMU.. or will zerouav the 1 year warranty??
sgg05158 is offline Find More Posts by sgg05158
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:28 PM
New Zealand, Wellington
Joined Jul 2012
67 Posts
Hi guys,

Im trying to set up my ys-x6. I have not gone through the set up process yet, because i cant connect my android phone to the wifi, I have also tryed pluggin into the pc with the usb adapter, it shows up under the comm ports but i cant "get data". But previously a few days ago i got it connected to my phone.via wifi so i know ive got the right settings(i didnt go through the set up process that day as it had taken me a few hours to get the wifi working).
At that point ys-x6 armed my esc`s and connected and turned the motors on when i pushed the throttle up.

But later that dayI tryed to connect again and it wouldn't and i havent been able to since then.
and the escs wont arm and led doent flash.

Since then ive tested escs, (herkules) they arm when plugged into my spare naza.
I check the ppm signal out of the ys-x6 and nothing. No signal comming out.
So reflashed it with the latest firm wear, that worked. Blue lights turn on on the wifi link and on top of the ys-x6 unit.
But Still no led, escs dont arm, wifi cant connect.

Any ideas?
RyanMcCrae is offline Find More Posts by RyanMcCrae
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:45 AM
Joined Jun 2008
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgg05158 View Post
I had exactly the same experience today.. Towards near the end of battery life suddenly I noticed horizontal unstability of my FY680 @ GPS hold , it was moving forwards and backwards within 2 meter range. I noticed my shake values increasing so I intended to land so I put to Manual mode, then it became uncontrollable. Lucky enough my copter was 1 meter from the ground when it went fast forward nose down so I had to cut the throttle just before it hit the ground. I had my GPS scratched, no broken carbon fiber propeller.. whewww!!

I would agree with Apache74 about loose contact because I had noticed the my battery connector a bit loose when I plugged in to my copter. I never use connectors on my ESC, they are all soldered straight. First time it happened to me. Later on I tested again and it was normal again.. Very lucky it never occurred when my copter was 20 meter on air.
I think this is the same as my experience. But i have my esc's soldered directly. I wonder if this is a bug or something since its happening to a lot of us.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:47 AM
France, RA, Bossey
Joined May 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
I wonder if this is a bug or something since its happening to a lot of us.
I hope not, but would be judicious to try and find out.
Don't know how, but it could help to avoid this particular crash cause to all of us in the future.
Question to all who had a similar issue, in order to start tracking a possible bug:
With which FW version did it happen to you? 2012-10-22 or 2012-11-11/2012-11-28?
apache74 is offline Find More Posts by apache74
Last edited by apache74; Feb 05, 2013 at 08:05 AM.