SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:53 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdworld View Post
Yes, there is 20121005 ,
but in my case it doesnt help for stable fly. always moving .even we sent hj file to Zero support, they couldnt find any errors , fails, so if they cannot , it means we should try by ourself solve , They are beginner ,but i am sure here there are more professional guys .
Generally if your mulitrotor is moving around, either the declination is wrong or the compass calibration has been done incorrectly. I know you said you did it correctly, but tell us where you are so we can check your declination and also show us pics of your compass calibration. Once we have eliminated those we can move onto other items that may be causing problems. Show us a video of how it is moving around.

Edit: I just had a quick look at where your IMU is located. Please move it to the top of the Main Controller as where you have located it, which is below the Main Controller, has been known to cause problems. How have you fixed your IMU?
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:05 PM
Joined Feb 2012
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Generally if your mulitrotor is moving around, either the declination is wrong or the compass calibration has been done incorrectly. I know you said you did it correctly, but tell us where you are so we can check your declination and also show us pics of your compass calibration. Once we have eliminated those we can move onto other items that may be causing problems. Show us a video of how it is moving around.

Edit: I just had a quick look at where your IMU is located. Please move it to the top of the Main Controller as where you have located it, which is below the Main Controller, has been known to cause problems. How have you fixed your IMU?
declination and compass calibration has been set many times
location is <latitude> 40.20810 </latitude> <longitude> 44.53280 </longitude>
photos and videos will be uploaded later , as copter i left at office ,

IMU i have changed and installed on the top of Main Controller via double-sided adhesive tape.

for example i want fly 10-40cm high from the ground, it is starting move ahead,back, left , right .
2 times i already crashed and it is enough for me .
How can we find out FC has quality problem ? some hardware problem or not ?
I dont know what to do , already thinking again change into DJI
hdworld is offline Find More Posts by hdworld
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:44 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
for example i want fly 10-40cm high from the ground, it is starting move ahead,back, left , right .
That is too low.
Ground effect turbulence will make it move around.
Need to be at least 150cm+ , 1.5m

I have not been with this from the beginning but have read all the posts in the YS threads.
I have only known of 1 possible 2 faulty system.
One was easily fixed.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:31 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Magnetic declination had been set according to the manual's link.
value is 5.8
Quote:
declination and compass calibration has been set many times
location is <latitude> 40.20810 </latitude> <longitude> 44.53280 </longitude>
photos and videos will be uploaded later , as copter i left at office ,

IMU i have changed and installed on the top of Main Controller via double-sided adhesive tape.

Thanks for that. Your magnetic declination is +5.76 which means you must enter a negative. In other words you must enter-5.76

Try that and see if it makes a difference and I agree you cannot hope to fly well at those heights of 10-40cm. Get the multirotor up to a height of at least 1.5m.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Last edited by robone; Oct 18, 2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:50 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Go to this page http://magnetic-declination.com/#
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:20 AM
Joined Feb 2012
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Thanks for that. Your magnetic declination is +5.76 which means you must enter a negative. In other words you must enter-5.76

Try that and see if it makes a difference and I agree you cannot hope to fly well at those heights of 10-40cm. Get the multirotor up to a height of at least 1.5m.
I have changed magnetic delclination into - 5.76
but in manual mode not stable, always moving and moving, i am afraid to fly higher beacuse it is very difficult to make control , i dont think the ground turbelance can affect on it so much.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:41 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
291 Posts
Quote:
I have changed magnetic delclination into - 5.76
but in manual mode not stable, always moving and moving, i am afraid to fly higher beacuse it is very difficult to make control , i dont think the ground turbelance can affect on it so much.
Actually ground effect can cause turbulence surprisingly high, for at least 1,5 meter. Can you please post a video what kind of moving? Have you experience of multirotors before this or is this first setup? I ask because some of the movement is natural for multirotors in manual mode, if you use manual mode you have to keep it in air manually and fly it. I think you should go straight to few meters from takeoff and then see how it goes. Then take it down to tune it with P/R Sensitivity, atti gain and motion compensation.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:32 AM
Joined Feb 2012
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
Actually ground effect can cause turbulence surprisingly high, for at least 1,5 meter. Can you please post a video what kind of moving? Have you experience of multirotors before this or is this first setup? I ask because some of the movement is natural for multirotors in manual mode, if you use manual mode you have to keep it in air manually and fly it. I think you should go straight to few meters from takeoff and then see how it goes. Then take it down to tune it with P/R Sensitivity, atti gain and motion compensation.
Dear KariY
do you use QQ ,? i can switch video you can see not stable flying , file size is too big for uploading here .
It is not first setup, before we used DJI wkm on hex frame , without any problem could fly even 10-40cm from the ground .
Last edited by hdworld; Oct 19, 2012 at 04:38 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:39 AM
Joined Feb 2012
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
Thanks Andre
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:26 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Dear KariY
do you use QQ ,? i can switch video you can see not stable flying , file size is too big for uploading here .
It is not first setup, before we used DJI wkm on hex frame , without any problem could fly even 10-40cm from the ground .
check real servo value in the GCS. If the servo value is way off from transmitter value, you need to redo the channel calibration again. I'm pretty sure that the problem you're having can be solved by doing the channel calibration properly.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:31 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
291 Posts
Quote:
Dear KariY
Sorry don't know what qq is? Can you upload to youtube?
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:24 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
S-bus

Does anybody has posted a S-bus wiring picture ???
I need to use channel 9# for parachute and 10# for camera trigger with SBE-1 and my R6208SB but I am completely lost !!!
Cheers
Maximus
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:47 PM
Joined Jan 2012
50 Posts
Along those same lines - I am using the SBUS system - trying to get the ext3/3 port on the ys-x6 to use for a camera trigger. Have a s-led/optical trigger cord plugged in to the ext3 port, and tried assigning a 3 way switch to operate the trigger, but when I do its shifting the roll axis on my gimbal.. ( No idea why since the roll is plugged into a completely different channel and switch) Anyone have any ideas? Everything works perfectly otherwise with the av200 gimbal for auto horizon/tilt..

alos - I am using the Futaba R6203SB RX.. can one of the 3 extra channels be used for a trigger outside of sbus/ ys-x6 controller itself with the Super T8FG tx?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus-rc View Post
Does anybody has posted a S-bus wiring picture ???
I need to use channel 9# for parachute and 10# for camera trigger with SBE-1 and my R6208SB but I am completely lost !!!
Cheers
Maximus
squamish_chief is offline Find More Posts by squamish_chief
Last edited by squamish_chief; Oct 19, 2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:56 AM
Joined Sep 2012
32 Posts
Was inform by Zerouav that a new firmware with improve UI will be released soon.....hope we dont have to wait too long for it....
Snoopyboy is offline Find More Posts by Snoopyboy
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:50 PM
Joined Feb 2012
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
Thanks all for your suggestions
Today we have replaced configuration and installed on Xaircraft Hex frame with Xaircraft motors . And it seems flight was stable , we have finished in the evening , and it was too late to try fly in air , but in indoor seems it was normal .
The reason was frame, it seems 650V4 frame with MT3506 motors and 13x6,5 props was too high shake and vibration , Motors are too powerfull for this kind of frame . we will test tomorrow and will give feedback asap.

Thanks