HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Nov 2011
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyTBK View Post
I have paid for the 50wp upgrade, but wasn't sure it was unlocked yet. I think not. But now I cant even reinstall the standard firmware back. I just get one blink of the blue LED and then nothing
Ok I figured out what i did wrong. I forgot to set the firmware upgrade software module to run as administrator. Its working again now.
SkippyTBK is offline Find More Posts by SkippyTBK
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:00 PM
Joined Nov 2011
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHeliRC View Post
It's not a adapter. It's a USB plug directly into the YS instead of using the Serial + USB adapter. Discover by TimeCop that the FRSKY usb work, so some bought the USB. But all of the later YS unit that came from us included the USB so it's easier for customer to use.

Driver for XP: http://www.frsky-rc.com/Downloads.asp?id=74
Driver for Win7/Vista: http://www.frsky-rc.com/Downloads.asp?id=63
Then why isn't this explained in the documentation and also the links provided where to find the drivers? I wasted three hours trying to connect it to my field laptop that has WinXp on it that doesn't auto install the drivers like Win7 does. Nothing is mention on the wed site or manual. The drives at least should be downloadable from the web site download page.

Edit; 1.5 hour later and this driver also doesn't work. I searched your web site as well as Silabs web site, but none seem to load the drivers for this USB cable. While I am on a role, the USB plug end is just a USB male socket with PCB chip attached wrapped in shrink wrap is also a bit poor for the money we pay for this system. Its a DIY hobby standard, not Pro equipment standard. It worries me it will be easily broken like this.
Last edited by SkippyTBK; Oct 13, 2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:54 PM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
I'm looking for the same thing. Has anyone responded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ma View Post
Does anyone want to share there pid configuration for a stock F550 with dji motor/esc's?

Greetz Justin
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:27 AM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post
I'm looking for the same thing. Has anyone responded?
Fly it stock and we can tune from there.
Usually if it is wobbles, lower the Roll/Pitch sensitivity in 10 steps from default of 60.

\__[0]__/
YS-X6 Know why it crashes before you fly. Feature requests.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1751160
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:55 AM
Joined Sep 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Then why isn't this explained in the documentation and also the links provided where to find the drivers? I wasted three hours trying to connect it to my field laptop that has WinXp on it that doesn't auto install the drivers like Win7 does. Nothing is mention on the wed site or manual. The drives at least should be downloadable from the web site download page.

Edit; 1.5 hour later and this driver also doesn't work. I searched your web site as well as Silabs web site, but none seem to load the drivers for this USB cable. While I am on a role, the USB plug end is just a USB male socket with PCB chip attached wrapped in shrink wrap is also a bit poor for the money we pay for this system. Its a DIY hobby standard, not Pro equipment standard. It worries me it will be easily broken like this.
Contact zurouav to sent u the new usb cable for free, u pay the shipping cost.
I got mind, it works perfectly.
Snoopyboy is offline Find More Posts by Snoopyboy
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:48 AM
Joined Nov 2011
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHenning View Post
Yes from 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.254. I also tried 200, but that did not make a difference.

Is it possible that the router is blocking the port this device uses, or something like that?
Im in the same boat here. Everything Ive tried and the Wifi wont connect to either the Android phone or my PC. I also have the new USB cable and it connects and all data shows running ok, except I cant upload using "get" the parameters.

Could it be that the Wifi Module has the letter "N" after the serial number? eg. My serial number YS-X6-xxxxx and the WiFi shows as YS-X6-xxxxxN ?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:01 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Accesspoint/routers don't block ports internally.

Deos the wifi module light go solid?

SkippyTBK, if you mean the WiFi network name, as in what your android see when it does a can, the it should no have a N in the name, just YS-X6-xxxxx

\__[0]__/
YS-X6 Know why it crashes before you fly. Feature requests.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1751160
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:22 AM
Joined Sep 2012
32 Posts
Im using a Prolink router. Log into the router and change the following:
Change ip address to: 192.168.1.1
Set SSID to : YS-X6-Serial no
Set encryption to: WPA2-PSK AES
Password : 82890430

Any of the above not set accordingly, the wifi will not connect to your router and phone.
Snoopyboy is offline Find More Posts by Snoopyboy
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:55 AM
Joined Nov 2011
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
What I do is load the android GCS and while connected to Internet, locate the area I want to fly in. Then on the Map I press the Locate tab and press save location. Then when I get to the site all I do is load the saved map by pressing "load Location"
This is all a load of crap for an expensive system. When I'm using the Arducoper APM and AP GCS and Xbee telemetry I can use my small laptop connected to my Hexacopter as well have my wireless hotspot GSM modem connected for internet simultaneously to the Hexacopter and I get live feed from both.
It seems so simple to do yet YS is so darn cumbersome using bludy routers and what not. Ive just spent my weekend trying to get it to work and its just hopeless.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:57 AM
Joined Nov 2011
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopyboy View Post
Contact zurouav to sent u the new usb cable for free, u pay the shipping cost.
I got mind, it works perfectly.
I have the cable mate. its the reveries don't work for ti on WinXp
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:52 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
This is all a load of crap for an expensive system. When I'm using the Arducoper APM and AP GCS and Xbee telemetry I can use my small laptop connected to my Hexacopter as well have my wireless hotspot GSM modem connected for internet simultaneously to the Hexacopter and I get live feed from both.
It seems so simple to do yet YS is so darn cumbersome using bludy routers and what not. Ive just spent my weekend trying to get it to work and its just hopeless.
And who said you cannot do this with the YS-X6? There are different ways you can connect to the YS-X6. All I was telling you is the way that I connect.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:23 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Interesting addon
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/multifunc...rol-board.html

Could be useful combo device.
Current sensor, Switched mode BEC. Led flasher.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:32 AM
France, Centre, Orleans
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
Hi everybody.

My name is Pascal and I'm French. I recently bought a X6-YS (for a Tbs quad) and after hours and Hours, like others on this forum, I'm still in trouble configuring wifi connection with GCS. I've read every post of this forum. Let me explain.

I've got a TP-Link 5110G (g band). It works as an Access Point (I've tried to make it work as a router but the problem remains the same).

SSID is X6-YS-10435, wireless security is WPA2 with PSK and AES. Password is 82890430. Channel is number 10 (I've also tried other ones). DHCP is on (192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.255). Access Point adress is 192.168.1.1 (I've also tried others like 192.168.1.10). I've also tried with mac adress of wifi module and of GCS to set permanent adress (192.168.1.254 for wifi module and a lot of other combinations...).

My GCS is android (I've also tried Iphone). GCS association with Access Point is ok.

Blue led on wifi module blinks and goes solid. But after, impossible get any data on GCS. With a sniffer, I can see that 2 packets are sent and 4 received, but the association between wifi module and AP doesn't last.

If I connect with a serial (DB 9), all is fine : I can get data and I can check that the serial number of the controller is 10435.

I don't know what to do now... Would someone have any idea?

Thanks in advance.
Lebobob is offline Find More Posts by Lebobob
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:41 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebobob View Post
Hi everybody.

My name is Pascal and I'm French. I recently bought a X6-YS (for a Tbs quad) and after hours and Hours, like others on this forum, I'm still in trouble configuring wifi connection with GCS. I've read every post of this forum. Let me explain.

I've got a TP-Link 5110G (g band). It works as an Access Point (I've tried to make it work as a router but the problem remains the same).

SSID is X6-YS-10435, wireless security is WPA2 with PSK and AES. Password is 82890430. Channel is number 10 (I've also tried other ones). DHCP is on (192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.255). Access Point adress is 192.168.1.1 (I've also tried others like 192.168.1.10). I've also tried with mac adress of wifi module and of GCS to set permanent adress (192.168.1.254 for wifi module and a lot of other combinations...).

My GCS is android (I've also tried Iphone). GCS association with Access Point is ok.

Blue led on wifi module blinks and goes solid. But after, impossible get any data on GCS. With a sniffer, I can see that 2 packets are sent and 4 received, but the association between wifi module and AP doesn't last.

If I connect with a serial (DB 9), all is fine : I can get data and I can check that the serial number of the controller is 10435.

I don't know what to do now... Would someone have any idea?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Pascal. I see you seem to have done everything correctly. I am not sure if you made the error by mistake, but the SSID should be YS-X6-10435 and not X6-YS-10435 as you typed. If it was only a typing error, then all I can suggest is try another TP-Link router and see if that works. I found that TP-Link were the best routers to use.

Cheers
Rob
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:48 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
Interesting addon
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/multifunc...rol-board.html

Could be useful combo device.
Current sensor, Switched mode BEC. Led flasher.
That does look like an interesting board.

Good price too.