SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:42 AM
Joined Oct 2011
54 Posts
Rob, Jab, I followed through on both of your thoughts and as the weather improved this morning I managed to get outside and attempt to fly the aircraft. Attempt is a good word. I re-installed the firmware releases back to the beginning of August...same problem. This moring I replaced the ESCs' with new ones (out went the DJI 30A Optos...in went Turnigy 30A Plush)...same problem. It has started raining again so I need to think about other tracks. I will re-install the firmware back to 23/07/2012 and before if necessary. If that fails then I will re-install all the YS-X6 on another frame. I fortunately have a DJI F450 frame, a second set of DJI 30A Opto ESCs, 4 small Torx motors. If it still plays up then it can only be the YS-X6...I'll know by the completion of tomorrow morning. If you people have other ideas and views that are worthy of exploration I would still like to hear them.

Regards

David.
david.scarbrow is offline Find More Posts by david.scarbrow
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:06 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by david.scarbrow View Post
Rob, Jab, I followed through on both of your thoughts and as the weather improved this morning I managed to get outside and attempt to fly the aircraft. Attempt is a good word. I re-installed the firmware releases back to the beginning of August...same problem. This moring I replaced the ESCs' with new ones (out went the DJI 30A Optos...in went Turnigy 30A Plush)...same problem. It has started raining again so I need to think about other tracks. I will re-install the firmware back to 23/07/2012 and before if necessary. If that fails then I will re-install all the YS-X6 on another frame. I fortunately have a DJI F450 frame, a second set of DJI 30A Opto ESCs, 4 small Torx motors. If it still plays up then it can only be the YS-X6...I'll know by the completion of tomorrow morning. If you people have other ideas and views that are worthy of exploration I would still like to hear them.

Regards

David.
Hi David

When you changed the motors and the ESC's did you do the throttle/ESC calibration again? Recently, when I moved just the same equipment to a new frame, I redid the whole calibration process again, right from the beginning.

When you take off, in what mode do you take off in?

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:21 AM
Joined Sep 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
I got sucsess connecting my galaxy tab2 to my ysx6 by using the galaxy tab as an hotspot.

Because i dont have a router it make things much difficult.

Here is my route.

I have a jailbroken iphone4 so i use it to connect to the ysx6 wifi link.
Then i connect with my laptop to the same wifi network.

On my laptop go to browser and type in 192.168.1.254
A login screen apear and ask for user name and password = admin

Change to english and go to setup screen.
Scroll down and change nerwork ip address to 192.168.43.254 i change the gateway ip as well by just change the 1 to 43

Click save
And on the bottom there is also an buton that state that settings wound work if unit is not rebooted so i done that.

Reboot wifi ysx6 unit by unplug the power and re power it up

On the galaxy tablet on the netinfo screen change the ip to 192.168.43.254

And thats all i did
How do you get to the netinfo screen? I can see that option in my iphone but not in my android tab2 (running android 4.04) tks
Snoopyboy is offline Find More Posts by Snoopyboy
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Oct 2011
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Hi David

When you changed the motors and the ESC's did you do the throttle/ESC calibration again? Recently, when I moved just the same equipment to a new frame, I redid the whole calibration process again, right from the beginning.

When you take off, in what mode do you take off in?

Rob
Rob, I have not yet changed the motors...just the ESCs (DJI 30A Optos with Turnigy 30A Plush). There is no set up for the DJI Optos ESCs...apparently they are set at the factory and are not able to be re-setup. The setup/calibration was carried out for the Turnigy Plush ESCs though. I take off in auto navigation and/or auto hovering modes. The results are always identical. A work colleague has just suggested though that the white light is not absolute white as I have said...it has a yellowish tinge to it. If it indeed is seen as a yellow light then probably there is a power/voltage problem of sorts. I have also replaced the battery but the problem stayed. If the earlier firmware instal does not fix the problem I will continue to place the YS-X6 on a F450 frame/DJI 30A opto ESCs/Torx Motors set-up tomorrow morning. All that is then left is the YS-X6 hardware.
david.scarbrow is offline Find More Posts by david.scarbrow
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:01 PM
Joined Sep 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopyboy View Post
How do you get to the netinfo screen? I can see that option in my iphone but not in my android tab2 (running android 4.04) tks
Found it, hidden below.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:58 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
288 Posts
Quote:
Rob, I have not yet changed the motors...just the ESCs (DJI 30A Optos with Turnigy 30A Plush). There is no set up for the DJI Optos ESCs...apparently they are set at the factory and are not able to be re-setup. The setup/calibration was carried out for the Turnigy Plush ESCs though. I take off in auto navigation and/or auto hovering modes. The results are always identical. A work colleague has just suggested though that the white light is not absolute white as I have said...it has a yellowish tinge to it. If it indeed is seen as a yellow light then probably there is a power/voltage problem of sorts. I have also replaced the battery but the problem stayed. If the earlier firmware instal does not fix the problem I will continue to place the YS-X6 on a F450 frame/DJI 30A opto ESCs/Torx Motors set-up tomorrow morning. All that is then left is the YS-X6 hardware.
Have you changed low voltage warning value to lower in parameters. Needs to be done in init settings -mode. Also might try reset defaults and redo all parameter adjustments.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:59 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
David...you still need to do the ESC/Throttle stroke calibration, even if the ESC's are calibrated separately. You are actually syncing the throttle to the ESC's.

Try taking off in Manual mode 1. It is a full attitude mode and this way you can see if everything is working.....Rob
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:42 AM
Norge, Vestfold, Tønsberg
Joined Apr 2010
86 Posts
Wifi

I have not been able to connect the wifi module to my tab or PC.

- Communication from FC Com3 works with both std com port and supplied USB adapter, so the unit is configured and flies well.

- I can connect to the wifi module and log in to the web gui from tab/pc browser
- I get response from 192.168.1.254 when pinged
- I have tried 2 different routers. A Dlink and a Jensen Air Link 3G.
- Router is set to WPA2 AES PSK with password 82890430 and SSID YS-X6-10357
- Router IP address is 192.168.1.1

What can be wrong? Any ideas?
JanHenning is online now Find More Posts by JanHenning
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:45 AM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
Finally had the chance to pull the log file from that flight the other day. From the log file, are you able to see what the twitching was caused by? Here is the file:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/46966874/YS...21007084648.hj

Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
A log file really helps with troubleshooting
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:49 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHenning View Post
I have not been able to connect the wifi module to my tab or PC.

- Communication from FC Com3 works with both std com port and supplied USB adapter, so the unit is configured and flies well.

- I can connect to the wifi module and log in to the web gui from tab/pc browser
- I get response from 192.168.1.254 when pinged
- I have tried 2 different routers. A Dlink and a Jensen Air Link 3G.
- Router is set to WPA2 AES PSK with password 82890430 and SSID YS-X6-10357
- Router IP address is 192.168.1.1

What can be wrong? Any ideas?
Is the router allocating IP addresses up to 254?
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:03 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post
Finally had the chance to pull the log file from that flight the other day. From the log file, are you able to see what the twitching was caused by? Here is the file:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/46966874/YS...21007084648.hj

Thanks again
I tried to have a look at it but it only goes up to before you leave the beach
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:09 AM
Norge, Vestfold, Tønsberg
Joined Apr 2010
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Is the router allocating IP addresses up to 254?
Yes from 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.254. I also tried 200, but that did not make a difference.

Is it possible that the router is blocking the port this device uses, or something like that?
JanHenning is online now Find More Posts by JanHenning
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:33 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHenning View Post
Yes from 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.254. I also tried 200, but that did not make a difference.

Is it possible that the router is blocking the port this device uses, or something like that?
I use 2 routers and they both work. A TP-Link and Linksys wrt54. As for why yours doesn't work, I don't know. It is probably something simple...it always is. ZeroUAV recommend TP-Link, and that is why I got one, plus they are cheap.
Last edited by robone; Oct 09, 2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:43 AM
Joined Sep 2012
32 Posts
I tried to play with waypoint today. Im using a router to connect to my galaxy tab 2. I click on the map but could not load any map on the andriod device. I then disable the wifi/router and used my phone data to connect to google map, after that reconnect to wifi/router again to set the waypoints. Is this the correct procedure?

Must the map be preloaded/saved before using the waypoint?
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:59 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopyboy View Post
I tried to play with waypoint today. Im using a router to connect to my galaxy tab 2. I click on the map but could not load any map on the andriod device. I then disable the wifi/router and used my phone data to connect to google map, after that reconnect to wifi/router again to set the waypoints. Is this the correct procedure?

Must the map be preloaded/saved before using the waypoint?
What I do is load the android GCS and while connected to Internet, locate the area I want to fly in. Then on the Map I press the Locate tab and press save location. Then when I get to the site all I do is load the saved map by pressing "load Location"