HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
Agree the frame is not great, but I am using 10" graupner props.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Not much to judge by, but the twitch motion looked just like what you would get if you jerked the radio sticks. So my first guess would be a radio/receiver problem.

But it may just as well be the frame/propellers causing vibrations. The plastic F550 arms and propellers are to flexible in my opinion and not well suited for flying in windy conditions.
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:26 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
A log file really helps with troubleshooting
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:04 PM
Joined Aug 2012
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
My android version is 4.0.4

Maybe its time for zerouav to update their software to work on newer android software.

Is anyone else using android 4.0.4 and having the same problem

I just got my tablet is there a way to downgrade to 3.2.1
I'm on 4.0.4 Andre
Salocin is offline Find More Posts by Salocin
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:20 AM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
I would get a random twitch if I had the gains up too high. It was a balancing act to get the gains set not too high that the ship would twitch, but not too low that it would drift.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:36 AM
Joined Aug 2012
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
I would get a random twitch if I had the gains up too high. It was a balancing act to get the gains set not too high that the ship would twitch, but not too low that it would drift.
I put my twitch anomalies down to solar activity as it is only a problem when the sun is going nuts.
Salocin is offline Find More Posts by Salocin
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:43 AM
Joined Oct 2011
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
The characters are vibrations directions. Up, Down, Left, Right etc..

LR12 is bad.. The manual states that vibrations larger then 10 in any direction might be problematic for the IMU. Larger then 15 is critical.

Edit: GPS lock is a solid red. Red blinks means few or no satellites locked depending on the number of blinks.
Jab,I have just rebuilt all of the machine again taking into account all of your comments regarding vibrations, etc.. I took time to verify that the motor mounts were Equally vertical and horizontal with each other. The motors all appear to be smooth running, there props (APC 13 x 4) appear balanced OK. I am taking the launch procedures slowly and all seems to be OK and starts up nicely. I get a green light blinking about once per 2 seconds (this is the bit I don't understand about having a solid red light). I get the ctaft to a height of about 4-5 metres, I yaw it all OK, I move the craft backwards and forwards and left and right OK. It hovers solid with no real drift. The solid white (slight green tinge on it though) comes on and if I have the battery alarm on it seems to sound at around the same time. I then land the craft all OK and the whit light goes out and back to a green light once every 2 seconds. The only thing that is different now and before the original crash is that I upgraded to 16 waypoints. Rob, apart from the 16 waypoint firmware change was there any othe change to the firmware ?

I've got something wrong but at the moment I don't have a clue as to what it is.
david.scarbrow is offline Find More Posts by david.scarbrow
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:57 AM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
I'll play with the gains in the next few days and see if that helps. What gains did you end up adjusting in order to get rid of the twitch?

Also, I'll upload my log files tomorrow and hopefully you guys can help me investigate a bit further.

Thanks again. Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:57 AM
Joined Oct 2011
54 Posts
Jab, by the way the Vibrate readings are typically around L-R1 to U-R0. The flight file doesn't show any more than that.
david.scarbrow is offline Find More Posts by david.scarbrow
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:18 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by david.scarbrow View Post
Jab,I have just rebuilt all of the machine again taking into account all of your comments regarding vibrations, etc.. I took time to verify that the motor mounts were Equally vertical and horizontal with each other. The motors all appear to be smooth running, there props (APC 13 x 4) appear balanced OK. I am taking the launch procedures slowly and all seems to be OK and starts up nicely. I get a green light blinking about once per 2 seconds (this is the bit I don't understand about having a solid red light). I get the ctaft to a height of about 4-5 metres, I yaw it all OK, I move the craft backwards and forwards and left and right OK. It hovers solid with no real drift. The solid white (slight green tinge on it though) comes on and if I have the battery alarm on it seems to sound at around the same time. I then land the craft all OK and the whit light goes out and back to a green light once every 2 seconds. The only thing that is different now and before the original crash is that I upgraded to 16 waypoints. Rob, apart from the 16 waypoint firmware change was there any othe change to the firmware ?

I've got something wrong but at the moment I don't have a clue as to what it is.
Hi David

I don't know of any changes in the FW other than the waypoints. It might be worth reinstalling. Do you have the latest FW installed? Because, as far as I understand it, you still have to keep up with the changes to the latest FW, even though you installed your FW for the 16 waypoints.

Anyway, here is an extract from the Manual showing the lights

Appendix 3 : Light Description
- GPS unlocated, red light blinks for 3 times one loop.
- GPS located (5 satellites), red light blinks for 2 times one loop.
- GPS located (6 satellites), red light blinks for one time one loop.
- When located GPS satellites is more than 7, the red light be solid all the time. It actually goes off, if you are in manual mode.
- When GPS Speed value from Kalman filtering is too large, the LED will be solid white, need to land aircraft urgently.
- Altitude hold in the Stabilization mode: Blue light blinks for one time one loop
means the users is operating; Blue light blinks for two times one loop means
Altitude hold.
- In the GPS mode, Green light blinks for one time one loop means the user is
operating; Green light blinks for two time one loop means Auto-over and
position hold.
- Low voltage alert:Yellow light blinks for 3 times one loop;
- Low voltage alert urgently:Yellow light blinks constantly.

It seems to me that your problem could be the battery voltage. Maybe your voltage drops - hence the battery alarm.

But, I am only surmising now. The best solution is to send your flight file to ZeroUAV and ask them. They are very helpful and I am sure they will be able to give you a solution.

You asked about the red solid light. This will only come on when you are in manual mode. This flashes and then goes off when you have 7 satellites. As soon as you switch to GPS mode you will only get the green lights, which does not show you the number of satellites.

By the way, how do you know if you have enough satellites before taking off? I normally wait for 8- 9 satellites before taking off which means it can afford to lose 1 or 2 satellites without causing problems. If you are only using the LED as your indicator, then you probably will be taking off when you have 7 satellites (goes off) and if you lose a few I am sure the white light will come on because "When GPS Speed value from Kalman filtering is too large, the LED will be solid white, need to land aircraft urgently."

Rob

Edit: I must admit, I never look at the lights so I am not sure if it turns red or not. But from what I remember, it used to go off when you had enough satellites. I am going to go outside right now and check.

Okay....checked and it goes off when it gets 7 satellites....
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Last edited by robone; Oct 07, 2012 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:31 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Hi all,
Your opinion aboiut this video ?
It is made from one of my Coaxial Octo
- motors 3548 with 14" bleech propellers and 4S Lipo
3 axis gimbal with FY30A stabiliser...
Cheers
Maximus
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:33 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Hi all,
Can you give me your opinion about this video ?

Coaxial Octo YS X6 FY30A (2 min 24 sec)

- 3 axis gimbal with FY30A stabiliser...
Cheers
Maximus
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:43 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
First test on a HEXA XL on mediterranean sundown. (3548 motors with too much big 15" props)

HEXA XL YS X6 MAXICOPTER (0 min 31 sec)
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:12 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,227 Posts
Can't tell much about the video or copter as there's way too much post stabilisation distorting the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus-rc View Post
Hi all,
Can you give me your opinion about this video ?

http://youtu.be/BIT3nALomEg

- 3 axis gimbal with FY30A stabiliser...
Cheers
Maximus
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:38 PM
Joined Aug 2012
156 Posts
hello,
Is anyone else having problems with the gimbal set-up on the ys.?
I'm using the pc ground station and am having some strange results. If i have the quad on the bench and tilt the craft either left right or forward backward the servo's for the gimbal only start to move once i get past 20degrees.
I have tryed adjusting the PTZ pitch and roll sensitivity, but here it only gets stranger. If i put zero here i get no servo response. Infact i get no servo response until i set it at 60. If i put roll ptz at 60 and tilt the craft to the left i get no response till the craft is at 20degees, and then i get mabey 5degrees of servo movement as itilt the quad past 20degrees. If i now tilt the craft the oposite way there is no response. If i now make the roll ptz negative i get the same result as before, but with the opposite direction. If i increase the ptz, neg or pos then i get more servo travel but only on one side still.
I am using digital servo's but when i try to change the update rate to 333Hz on the steering gear it never works and reverts back to 250Hz, The same is true when trying to update the esc speed.
Any help much appreciated,
Tristan
whizz101 is online now Find More Posts by whizz101
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:32 PM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
Can't tell much about the video or copter as there's way too much post stabilisation distorting the video.
+1 or image stab is turned on on the camera
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto