HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:00 AM
Joined Aug 2012
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
You have to go to the advanced tethering settings and make sure you tablet is in the same IP range (192.168.1.xxx) as the YS-X6 wifi router.

Edit. Hmm. I just looked on my phone (Galaxy S3). Seems there is no option that I can find to set the IP range used for tethering. Will look some more into it, but kinda hopeless if so.
Yes, so change the WIFI module to suit the S3. Then, change the net settings (in GCS, tap the bottom left hotkey on S3) and change GCS IP.
Salocin is offline Find More Posts by Salocin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:44 AM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
the thing is maybe a need a router to go into that settings when i connect with my imac to the same network and type in the address i canot log into the login page . will go to rob and see if we can change the settings.
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:53 AM
Joined Aug 2012
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
the thing is maybe a need a router to go into that settings when i connect with my imac to the same network and type in the address i canot log into the login page . will go to rob and see if we can change the settings.
Yes, need a router to change it. Need to be on the YS - X6 network.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Will it work if i connect with my iphone like always then try to log in with the browser.

Will try tomorrow because my jailbreak iphone connect without any problems only thing is it does not log into the waypoints page.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:43 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Will it work if i connect with my iphone like always then try to log in with the browser.

Will try tomorrow because my jailbreak iphone connect without any problems only thing is it does not log into the waypoints page.
I think it could work. Try it and see.

I tested how easy it is to log in and change the IP address, using the router, and it is dead simple.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:12 PM
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Change wifi ip without router.

I got sucsess connecting my galaxy tab2 to my ysx6 by using the galaxy tab as an hotspot.

Because i dont have a router it make things much difficult.

Here is my route.

I have a jailbroken iphone4 so i use it to connect to the ysx6 wifi link.
Then i connect with my laptop to the same wifi network.

On my laptop go to browser and type in 192.168.1.254
A login screen apear and ask for user name and password = admin

Change to english and go to setup screen.
Scroll down and change nerwork ip address to 192.168.43.254 i change the gateway ip as well by just change the 1 to 43

Click save
And on the bottom there is also an buton that state that settings wound work if unit is not rebooted so i done that.

Reboot wifi ysx6 unit by unplug the power and re power it up

On the galaxy tablet on the netinfo screen change the ip to 192.168.43.254

And thats all i did
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
598 Posts
Yes, that's it mate.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:17 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Apr 2011
67 Posts
Tx Andre - followed your intruction and now my galaxy tab2 connects to the ys-x6 without using a router. It will be interesting to see what distance one gets without the router.
Do you know if there is a way to dowload waypoints and then to fly them without the wifi?
Regards
Wessie
wessiercgroups is offline Find More Posts by wessiercgroups
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:33 PM
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wessiercgroups View Post
Tx Andre - followed your intruction and now my galaxy tab2 connects to the ys-x6 without using a router. It will be interesting to see what distance one gets without the router.
Do you know if there is a way to dowload waypoints and then to fly them without the wifi?
Regards
Wessie
The galaxy tab2 wifi signal is really not that strong mine strart loosing signal about 30-40m but i solve that problem today by getting the data link.

I put my copter im my house and just power it up and walk outside into the street about 150m through about 6 brick walls and i could not lost the signal.

Stange is my hitec aurora9 radio also keep signal i was looking on my tab when it will switch over to back landing.

Sure in line off sight it will be much better.

Regards the waypoint i not sure but it will be very risky to send it on a mission without you be able to track it on the maps on the galaxy tab. Thats why i got the data link to exstend the range.
Will start building my new vulcan multi rotor hexa 1200mm frame soon i got from Rob.
Last edited by Andre6553; Oct 04, 2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined Aug 2012
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wessiercgroups View Post
Regards
Wessie
This technique is highly not advised if you are not using a data link. It turns your pro level auto pilot system into a short range toy.
Make sure you are using data link, as the datalink-wifi to phone connection is only short distance, and the data link extends the range.
Last edited by Salocin; Oct 04, 2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Wessie youhave load a video up of the zerouav you qualify for a discount off $99 for the data link.
Just remember you need to order before the 10th Oktober
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:44 AM
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Wonder if zerouav is working on new firmware and when it will be release sure there is something they can improve on?
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:03 AM
Joined Sep 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Wonder if zerouav is working on new firmware and when it will be release sure there is something they can improve on?
+1 i hope they could improved on user interface for both the android and ios.
Snoopyboy is offline Find More Posts by Snoopyboy
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:36 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,060 Posts
There is plenty for ZeroUAV to work on.

For example the current PTZ gimbal control feature is a joke. You can only set the total range (gain) of the movement, but there is no settings to compensate for different servo behavior and gimbal gear ratios. Mean it is pretty much impossible to get good results.

And the GCS could need some work, and functions renaming. I have been doing UAV related stuff for many years now, and I still have to look in the manual to figure out what their actually mean with some of the weird ZeroUAV function button names. "Skyway" for example is a reference to waypoints.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:54 AM
Joined Sep 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
There is plenty for ZeroUAV to work on.

For example the current PTZ gimbal control feature is a joke. You can only set the total range (gain) of the movement, but there is no settings to compensate for different servo behavior and gimbal gear ratios. Mean it is pretty much impossible to get good results.

And the GCS could need some work, and functions renaming. I have been doing UAV related stuff for many years now, and I still have to look in the manual to figure out what their actually mean with some of the weird ZeroUAV function button names. "Skyway" for example is a reference to waypoints.
Maybe we should start to list down the improvement zerouav should pay more attention to....
Snoopyboy is offline Find More Posts by Snoopyboy