HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 15, 2012, 02:03 PM
Just a yard bird
kd4wen's Avatar
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
listen to those motors wine
Are you using 8khz pwm settings?

That would drive me nuts.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2012, 02:05 PM
RTF copters maker
maximus-rc's Avatar
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
listen to those motors wine
Are you using 8khz pwm settings?

Setting is "normal ESCs"..(AEOLIAN 18A)
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012, 02:20 PM
http://gothelirc.com/
GotHeliRC's Avatar
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Hi maximus,

I think they are talking about the khz setting your esc, if your esc setting can run on 16khz, maybe change it. The dentist drill noise coming from the motor and esc running on 8khz.
GotHeliRC is offline Find More Posts by GotHeliRC
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012, 02:28 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHeliRC View Post
Hi maximus,

I think they are talking about the khz setting your esc, if your esc setting can run on 16khz, maybe change it. The dentist drill noise coming from the motor and esc running on 8khz.
exactly.

some esc's only allow 8khz which cause that ungodly motor whine. Your Aeolians (hobbywing Pentium/flyfun class speedo's) only allow 8khz if I remember correctly)
The Hobbywing Platinum pro's I use allow 12khz which quiets them down considerably.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012, 02:37 PM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
Blucross's Avatar
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
And to add to that, flashing them with the Simon K firmware will allow them to operate at 16khz which is super quiet. All you hear is the blades.
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012, 02:52 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blucross View Post
And to add to that, flashing them with the Simon K firmware will allow them to operate at 16khz which is super quiet. All you hear is the blades.

Cool. Might have to do that if I use different speedo's on a future build.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012, 04:03 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus-rc View Post
Because of bad habits with other flight controllers, it is "only now" my very first GPS HOLD...
After good compass calibration (arrow must face the GROUND, not the sky !!!) and all subtrims to ZERO !

It is my basic QUAD XL made with 15x15 aluminium tubes, 3536 motors and 12" propellers. 2kg in flight...And the result is ....

http://youtu.be/ulPWg8zUer8
Looking great. I'm looking forward to gettting mine. It's going to sit in my ADX-4 (soon to be X8) but first it will go into a cheap frame to learn the system.
Looking forward this 'position hold' stuff.
nicwilke is offline Find More Posts by nicwilke
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 17, 2012, 07:27 AM
Registered User
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Ground Station for PC

I should be getting mine within a week.

I have an iPhone and I don't really want to Jailbreak it, or buy an Android tablet.

Does anyone know when the Ground Station for the PC will be released, as I would prefer to use this.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 03:09 PM
RTF copters maker
maximus-rc's Avatar
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
exactly.

some esc's only allow 8khz which cause that ungodly motor whine. Your Aeolians (hobbywing Pentium/flyfun class speedo's) only allow 8khz if I remember correctly)
The Hobbywing Platinum pro's I use allow 12khz which quiets them down considerably.
Thanks for advise
They was the only ones I had in stock !
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 03:23 PM
Always Excel >>>
BenHayat's Avatar
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,153 Posts
Off Topic;

Seems like all the top shots were taken by MultiCopter. Watch at 3:20 you can see the shadow of the copter on the road. right before 3:20, you can see it being lifted up. Enjoy the video.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/17/b...o-aventador-i/
BenHayat is online now Find More Posts by BenHayat
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 07:05 PM
It started with a red biplane
tony3di's Avatar
Joined Nov 2011
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat View Post
Off Topic;

Seems like all the top shots were taken by MultiCopter. Watch at 3:20 you can see the shadow of the copter on the road. right before 3:20, you can see it being lifted up. Enjoy the video.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/17/b...o-aventador-i/
Still... I'll take the Lamborghini
tony3di is offline Find More Posts by tony3di
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 07:16 PM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
Blucross's Avatar
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
I'll gladly take the Veyron.

So, my YS appears to be arriving tomorrow. I'm sure most of the other pre orders already have arrived or will be shortly. Does everyone feel like they know what they are doing? I don't! :P

I sense I will be seeking this thread out quite a bit in the coming days.
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 07:25 PM
Always Excel >>>
BenHayat's Avatar
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony3di View Post
Still... I'll take the Lamborghini
Me too. I tell you what, we'll split in half...
BenHayat is online now Find More Posts by BenHayat
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 07:30 PM
Registered Lunatic
RTRyder's Avatar
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat View Post
Me too. I tell you what, we'll split in half...
I'd take a Lamborghini motorcycle!
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 08:11 PM
Registered User
fajar's Avatar
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blucross View Post
I'll gladly take the Veyron.

So, my YS appears to be arriving tomorrow. I'm sure most of the other pre orders already have arrived or will be shortly. Does everyone feel like they know what they are doing? I don't! :P

I sense I will be seeking this thread out quite a bit in the coming days.
There's a walkthrough in the settings menu called "init setup". Initial setup should take less than 10 minutes with the default PID settings. Just be sure to input the correct value for the magnetic declination in your area.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion YS-X6 testing GotHeliRC Multirotor Talk 1200 Aug 08, 2013 09:23 AM
New Product Test video of YS-X6 Autopilot system pzhang Multirotor Talk 141 Jun 07, 2012 06:50 AM
Discussion New UAV System from Zero UAV alishanmao UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Apr 19, 2012 09:02 AM
New Product YS-X6:A coming new king in the multi rotor heli world yiny0730 Multirotor Talk 13 Mar 28, 2012 11:28 PM