HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by twinkle, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 08, 2012, 07:24 PM
It can't rain all the time
United Kingdom, Peacehaven
Joined Mar 2009
432 Posts
Discussion
Flying scale foamie Porter PC6

The Semi scale PC6 is finished and has been test flown

The main differences are the undercarriage which has been simplified and the wing chord which has been stretched a little giving 2 square feet of wing area and 14 oz wing loading and currently there are no wing struts fitted .
Finished in Air America livery it looks the part and its test flight followed in July when the winds and rain went away
2812 power 8x4 prop and about 200 watts it is a nice sport flyer.
fitted with a 3s 1800 lipo and has space for a 4000 lipo as well to increase its flight time to a little to over 30 minutes.
at 40 "Span it makes a nice 1 piece model to carry in the back of the car although the wing is detachable and is secured with two 6mm nylon bolts.

only changes will be add differential ailerons and move the cg rearward slightly The battery will be moved into bay 2 below the wing there are 2 hatch under this model and the battery going into the middle compartment will cure this problem .The aileron differential is easy to cure by moving the arms and stretching the short push-rods .
twinkle is offline Find More Posts by twinkle
Last edited by twinkle; Jul 06, 2012 at 04:21 AM. Reason: flown
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2012, 09:38 PM
Quebec City, Qc, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
141 Posts
Wow!

When did you start building this aircraft? Before or after "Foamcon"?

Would you be a kind of machine that builds airplanes?

LOL!

Is it a creation or your interpretation of a plan or kit? You made ​​it a very nice plane! Congratulations!

The other day you spoke to me of inspiration ... Voilà!

Jean
superb75 is offline Find More Posts by superb75
Old May 17, 2012, 07:43 AM
Joined Mar 2012
10 Posts
Hi:

one of my "building dreams..".. I'm just with my first depron trainer (after more that 18 years out of the hobby), I will looking forward for more info about that plane..

good flights!!
HFernandez is offline Find More Posts by HFernandez
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:22 PM
It can't rain all the time
United Kingdom, Peacehaven
Joined Mar 2009
432 Posts
Flown

The PC6 had its test flight today only mod was to bring the cg back a bit flew well , but needs a bit of differential ailerons but put 3 batteries through it without a problem

nice and quick . I'm pleased with it

regards emma
twinkle is offline Find More Posts by twinkle
Old Jul 05, 2012, 06:55 PM
Quebec City, Qc, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
141 Posts
Congratulations, this is a nice plane!
superb75 is offline Find More Posts by superb75