SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by TMASTER, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 08, 2012, 05:40 PM
Mr Solution
TX
Joined Aug 2004
1,146 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
For Sale
T-Rex 500 LED tail blades and Main blade LED's.

I have a set of homeade TRex 500 tail blades with superbright white LED's custom on them. I used micro switches, 3V lithium cells from a good brand, and double heatshrinked/CA'ed it all.

The main blade lights, are 6V with ultra blue LED's. You will need to use clear heatshrink and glue around them and the main blade to fasten them.

I only used these about 3 night flights, pretty awesome, but I sold my heli a few years ago and they have been sitting here since. I'm doing some garage cleaning and found them. Time for someone to get some use out of them!

You should be able to get 30 or more flights out the the tail blades and more from the main blades. This is going by .02amps an hour and they are 70mah cells. I think the LEDs actually draw less current though.

They all work great!

The balance is pretty dang close on the blades, 8g and 8.1g. You may want to check them.

All sales are final, use at your own risk!

Looking for get $22.50 shipped for everything. I think that is reasonable, since I don't know were you can buy something like this anywhere, I spent quite a bit of time putting these together and ordering what i needed.
TMASTER is offline Find More Posts by TMASTER
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2012, 07:13 PM
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2012
842 Posts
how will the added weight affect the responce of the tail ,, also how do you balance them
quadcopter007fpv is online now Find More Posts by quadcopter007fpv
Old May 08, 2012, 07:30 PM
Mr Solution
TX
Joined Aug 2004
1,146 Posts
The tail does have extra load on there, I remember the sound of the air was a little different. I remember it taking a little longer for the tail to react to controling it also. (hence the more load) When it came to flying it, it was fine though. The extra weight and a tad slower response was minimal.

I didn't balance them exactly. If you want them perfectly smooth, you will need to use a blade blancer like this and take the shaft/hub off with the blades extended out in the position like it would be on the heli spinning. I always did this with the main rotor after balancing the main blades from center to tips singlely.
TMASTER is offline Find More Posts by TMASTER