SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 08, 2012, 02:08 PM
USA, MS, Picayune
Joined Nov 2010
30 Posts
Discussion
It FLYS

Hey guys, I just had to post this. LOL

I built a modified deb a few months back. I built it per plans but with a flat wing and used music wire for the gear and made into a tail dragger.

Took it out to maiden today and made two great flights with it. First flight I basically checked the trim and made a few lazy turns. But when I was coming in for the landing, it wanted to land kinda HOT. I am used to my slow balsa trainer with a .40 on it. So I aborted that landing and went back up. Second attempt, I throttle back way before turning on final and it still wanted to glide for awhile and come in Hot.

Second flight, I put thru a few paces. Inverted, few snap rolls and so on.

But I do have one quick question. On both flights I was WOT. When taking off, it looked like a lumbering bomber. I am currently running a TH .46 with a 10 x 6 prop. Should I move up to a bigger prop for more speed?

Now I cant wait to get some more coro and build a few other designs
Gooseoverland is offline Find More Posts by Gooseoverland
Last edited by Gooseoverland; May 08, 2012 at 05:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2012, 05:32 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,954 Posts
Congratulations.
The TH .46 should work much better with a 11x6 prop on it. I fly my .45 engines with 11x6 props too. The 11x6 will give you a lot more pulling thrust for takeoffs.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter