HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by foufly, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 08, 2012, 04:14 AM
Joined May 2010
297 Posts
Discussion
THe SPHINX

A do-all! Infinite vertical on demand . Tight flying between the trees. Can take some wind .Has an excellent glide . A vertical climb on the first flight into a thermal, makes soaring simple.A good FPV candidate ,with twin motors.
With the recent models i have tried to stay with the simplicity of elevons and a wing form , extending the tips backwards to get the fins and elevons as far away and behind the aerodynamic centre as possible. This means very little reflex is necessary to counter the pitching force, the plane has enough longitudinal stability ,doesn't waggle, has lots of response and flies flat.
I am very happy with this system.
foufly is offline Find More Posts by foufly
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2012, 12:21 PM
Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Joined May 2008
765 Posts
I like the look of that plane. I saw elsewhere on your blog that you have some fpv designs. I'm getting into FPV this year after following it avidly for some time. Do you have any details of the FPV set up you use?
tobermei is offline Find More Posts by tobermei
Old May 09, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined May 2010
297 Posts
Yes, will do a list.
Old May 11, 2012, 02:04 AM
Joined May 2010
297 Posts
So: Camera- 640tvl, from Security 2000 , 1.3 system ,800mw vtx from BEV; 2 patch antennas and video rx's from Rangevideo; diversity - Eagle eyes (Eagletree); VR1400 goggles (old); Eagletree OSD, and Dragonlink long range RC.There may be cheaper ways to do it - a simpler complete starter from Firstpersonview. uk.
Good luck ,Peter.
Old May 11, 2012, 02:07 AM
Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Joined May 2008
765 Posts
Thanks Peter, have a super weekend
tobermei is offline Find More Posts by tobermei
Old May 18, 2012, 08:28 AM
Joined May 2010
297 Posts
I have a plan available for my best FPV plane , see my blog.
Peter.