HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:04 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,438 Posts
Does anyone have the part number or a link for the Mossie wheels? I can't seem to find them. I feel like a dumb dumb today
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:03 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
Does anyone have the part number or a link for the Mossie wheels? I can't seem to find them. I feel like a dumb dumb today
http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...od_id=PKZU1303
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX9 HobbyZone Champ RUD>AIL Mix
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:12 PM
Joined May 2012
9,438 Posts

Thanks north.....
yeah back to the dumb dumb. I kept thinking that there was a larger mosquito and that those wheels from the UM mosquito couldn't possibly be the right ones. Thanks again
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:24 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,561 Posts
No problem, bro. The website for my LHS is set up the way I like RC sites to be... a given product page also has the links to the spare parts, hop ups and required items. It's very easy to find stuff related to a specific vehicle or item
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Jan 15, 2013 at 03:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:51 PM
Team OFG (Old Fat Guys)
United States, KY, Leitchfield
Joined Jul 2008
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscarawa View Post
pics pleaze!!!
Look on the other cc thread here in micro rtf.
BigD1961 is offline Find More Posts by BigD1961
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Update
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:41 PM
Australia, QLD, Qunaba
Joined Dec 2012
69 Posts
Hi all I have a carbon cub and a dx5e and have ordered a dx7 because I have more aircraft now but I read somewhere that the flaps on the carbon cub are assigned to the gear switch any ideas on how I could change it to the flaps switch on the Dx7s so I can have three position flaps ?
Dlta Nvmbr Ynkee is offline Find More Posts by Dlta Nvmbr Ynkee
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:00 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlta Nvmbr Ynkee View Post
Hi all I have a carbon cub and a dx5e and have ordered a dx7 because I have more aircraft now but I read somewhere that the flaps on the carbon cub are assigned to the gear switch any ideas on how I could change it to the flaps switch on the Dx7s so I can have three position flaps ?
I seem to remember posting this quite recently in one of these CC threads. Once you select the correct wing type, you should be able to change the flap switch channel to CH5 in the 'switch select' menu, and then go to the 'flaps' menu to set up the throws & delay. I suggest that you download the manual & read it thoroughly, to get familiar with the programming steps before your radio shows up: http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPM7800-Manual_EN.pdf

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:03 PM
Australia, QLD, Qunaba
Joined Dec 2012
69 Posts
Thanks
Dlta Nvmbr Ynkee is offline Find More Posts by Dlta Nvmbr Ynkee
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:40 AM
Build, Fly, Rebuild!!
Australia, NSW, Lake Macquarie
Joined Dec 2011
283 Posts
tail wheel/rudder

Has anyone done a mod to the tail wheel/ rudder to strenghten the hinge.
I got a CC last thursday and when I looked at it the tail wheel is a similar setup to the micro mustang that has been proved to be a weak point that damages the hinge.

Just as an aside I have read all 40 pages of this thread and have noticed very few mods are actually discussed considering it is the mod thread, come on guys do some more crazy mods and paint schemes or something and post pics instead of repeating what is already on the other threads (just my 2 cents worth)

Ghost
Ghost who walks is offline Find More Posts by Ghost who walks
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:22 PM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost who walks View Post
Has anyone done a mod to the tail wheel/ rudder to strenghten the hinge.
I got a CC last thursday and when I looked at it the tail wheel is a similar setup to the micro mustang that has been proved to be a weak point that damages the hinge.
CC lands very slowly, and not having flown one I'm guessing Mustang lands pretty hot. On grass, stall the CC at a few inches height and let it drop. If landing Mustang hot on grass, that puts a ton of stress on the tailwheel. Maybe in the 40 pages you read you don't see it mentioned is because it hasn't been a problem.

Quote:
Just as an aside I have read all 40 pages of this thread and have noticed very few mods are actually discussed considering it is the mod thread, come on guys do some more crazy mods and paint schemes or something and post pics instead of repeating what is already on the other threads (just my 2 cents worth) Ghost
CC is more of a 'scale model' than many others, so that's what most mods seem to be about. AAMOF I read that the tail section is *not* increased in size as is -common- with most models but is kept more to scale.

I'm still tossing a coin in my head whether to buy another bare fuse/wing/tail so I can strip the paint and color it more visibly, but $67 is a pretty heavy nut.
jbarchuk is offline Find More Posts by jbarchuk
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:54 PM
Joined May 2012
9,438 Posts
Crashed my CC tonight, being a doofus. Cracked the left wing at the fuse, and popped off the rearward wing strut retainer. Foam-Tac to the rescue. Should be just fine to take out again tomorrow
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:20 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,779 Posts
Wheels, wheels, wheels

Which large wheels are the easiest to install? Im not looking for monster truck tires, rather just some that are a bit larger than stock.

Also Im working on some content to contribute other than wheels I'll keep you guys posted I'll give you a hint, every switch on my DX6i is now functional

EDIT: I went with the Grasshopper wheels, they seemed like the best plug and play option
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Last edited by valiantGLX; Feb 19, 2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:34 PM
United States, MA, Rutland
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
My opinion, the L4 grasshopper wheels are the easiest:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...er-250-EFL5031

Currently OoS, but maybe the LHS has some?
ScottGridley is offline Find More Posts by ScottGridley
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:24 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,779 Posts
Thanks Scott,

After reading through this thread a second time, thats what I think too.

I got mine from an online hobby shop in Germany, they should be here in a few days
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:45 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Wheels, wheels, wheels

Which large wheels are the easiest to install? Im not looking for monster truck tires, rather just some that are a bit larger than stock.

Also Im working on some content to contribute other than wheels I'll keep you guys posted I'll give you a hint, every switch on my DX6i is now functional

EDIT: I went with the Grasshopper wheels, they seemed like the best plug and play option
Yup, I also think the L-4 wheels are the best PNP option for a CC 'tundra tire'. Unfortunately, they seem to be perpetually out of stock on Horizon's site.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member