HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:44 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
BTW the motor in the improved version is the same 2500kv, but really and nicely quiet.
Mike
Mike,

Again - the original batch of CCs came with the 2300Kv motor, despite what it said on the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Andrew Green View Post
In post #428 point #4 Turboparker mentioned calibrating the ESC...
In the instructions it mentions getting into ESC programming mode but not how to do anything with it. Are there any instructions for properly calibrating it? I ask as I'm flying my CC on a Futaba 8FG with an external Spektrum module as posted here by IvanC and I don't really know if the travels are exactly the same as a native Spektrum Tx, I'm guessing it's about right as the throttle feels reasonably linear and she'll prop hang in the early part of a flight......

Andrew

Forgot to mention, I was in my LHS (Oxford, UK) at the weekend and they've just had a new delivery of CC's and the one I looked at didn't have the ventilated windscreen and servo covers??? It was still in the box so I couldn't see the motor or rear under fuz area....
Andrew,

It's not really calibrating like you'd do with larger ESCs. But you can select between 1.2–1.8ms & 1.1–1.9ms throttle ranges. You can also set the throttle ramp-up delay, turn the brake on & off, change the timing, and change the PWM frequency. See page 9 of the brick manual:

http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...-Manual_EN.pdf

BTW - I fly all of the BNF stuff with a Futaba 10CHP + DM8 module. I use the default ESC settings, and I always get a full 0-100% throttle range.

Also - as Mike noted, if they don't have the windshield vent, they're not the updated version.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:49 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Mike,

Again - the original batch of CCs came with the 2300Kv motor, despite what it said on the box.

Joel
all the original CC's were 2300kv? I thought maybe they switched to 2500 after some time and then the newer, quieter 2500kv in the improved ventilated version. anyway...all water under the bridge. The way I fly I want quiet, scale flight. I would think my CC would fly forever unscathed being flown like that but I am very wrong. Might have to buy a new wing this winter way things are going.
Mike
shastamike is online now Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:28 PM
แอนครู กรีน (เขียว)
Oxford, UK
Joined Mar 2002
270 Posts
Hi Joel,
Thanks for the Brick manual, interesting read.

Apologies for my typo, 3200 Kv! obviously should have read 2300Kv (typing in bed while the little woman sleeps, night time here!)

I was quite surprised to see an unventilated example, definitely new stock, I'll try and take a peek at the motor if he's still got them in stock next time I'm in there. Be interesting to hear from anyone in the UK with a new one....

I'm going to try drill my new prop driver and fit a slightly longer screw as it broke at at the end of the reduced diameter which is right where the screw ends.

Andrew
C Andrew Green is offline Find More Posts by C Andrew Green
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:34 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
all the original CC's were 2300kv? I thought maybe they switched to 2500 after some time and then the newer, quieter 2500kv in the improved ventilated version. anyway...all water under the bridge. The way I fly I want quiet, scale flight. I would think my CC would fly forever unscathed being flown like that but I am very wrong. Might have to buy a new wing this winter way things are going.
Mike
Yup. The boxes said 2500Kv and so did the website, but the original batch came with 2300s. According to what Horizon's director of aircraft engineering told us, they switched to the 2500 for the improved version.

Regarding the 'road-rash' - yeah, it seems to happen no matter how conservatively one flies these little planes. Eventually, there will be a gust of wind just at the wrong time during the landing that results in a ground-loop, or a parallax-error-induced encounter with a branch or pole. It's the nature of what we're flying & where we fly it. In contrast - my 48" PA Extra 260 is 4 years old, with a few hundred hours of time on the clock - and it still looks like it's new. I also have a few larger I/C-powered planes that are decades old & still fly well. But I never zig-zag between the trees at 5 feet AGL with any of them!

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:19 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,765 Posts
"Parallax-error-induced encounter" and "eventful approach", my new vocabulary words. These are words I use when my wife asks "how did it go"? I use these words and it doesn't sound like I"m just out playing that way.
Mike
shastamike is online now Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:44 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,143 Posts
If i told my girlfriend i had a "parallax-induced encounter" she would think i dropped acid and met aliens!
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:27 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
If i told my girlfriend i had a "parallax-induced encounter" she would think i dropped acid and met aliens!
LOL!!!

That would probably qualify, however.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:50 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,239 Posts
Joel, I've noticed, also likes to use the term "short field work" alot. The day flying becomes work to me is the day I'll get out of the hobby.

... just teasing, Joel
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX9 HobbyZone Champ RUD>AIL Mix
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:08 AM
United States, KY, Highland Heights
Joined Dec 2012
58 Posts
My cub is tougher then your cub.
deltapilot is offline Find More Posts by deltapilot
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:09 AM
There is Victory in the Lord!
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapilot View Post
My cub is tougher then your cub.
I LOVE IT! i want some more detailed pics of those gear
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:43 AM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,146 Posts
North_of_49,

Yeah, I guess I do say that a lot! But then my "runway" at home is just 4' x 10'!

Deltapilot,

That is one tough-looking Cub! Definitely need more info on the gear!

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:03 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,143 Posts
Great cub Delta pilot, love that you chose another official CC scheme.

It really is great that HH chose to make this a CC and a different paint job, another yellow or white cub would be boring! Especially for such a high performance machine.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:21 AM
Joined Nov 2012
14 Posts
aileron set up

I had to replace an aileron servo and the new one is 70/30 offset so there is much less up movement than down on the aileron.

Is this right??

Pgritt
Pgritt is offline Find More Posts by Pgritt
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:41 AM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgritt View Post
I had to replace an aileron servo and the new one is 70/30 offset so there is much less up movement than down on the aileron.

Is this right??

Pgritt
No. There should be more up than down. You need to reverse the servo. I just replied to your PM with the instructions.

Joel
RCG Plus Member