HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2012, 11:00 PM
Joined Apr 2012
55 Posts
Someome post a pic of the Cub with the Mosquito wheels.

Greg
Tree Rat RC is offline Find More Posts by Tree Rat RC
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2012, 03:22 AM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
I have some Grasshopper wheels on order. How are they fixed on. I would think the existing press on fixing will be ruined once it's removed. Or do the Grasshopper wheels come with the fixings?
Roblister is offline Find More Posts by Roblister
Old May 12, 2012, 05:24 AM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblister View Post
I have some Grasshopper wheels on order. How are they fixed on. I would think the existing press on fixing will be ruined once it's removed. Or do the Grasshopper wheels come with the fixings?
I re-used the the press on fixings and secured them with a drop of CA. Easy...and it seems to hold well.

cheers
Uwe
anj4de is offline Find More Posts by anj4de
Old May 12, 2012, 05:29 AM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly View Post
Thats funny as I just installed those exact wheels on my Carbon Cub last night...

They fit perfect and really look the part.

Matt Andren
Parkzone/Hobbyzone
Horizonhobby

...so Matt, when can we expect a "full blown" CC in 1200mm or even 1400mm, Parkzone or E-Flite, with a beefed up AS3X and a monster motor?

cheers
Uwe
anj4de is offline Find More Posts by anj4de
Old May 12, 2012, 03:56 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinneFlyer View Post
If anyone figures out how to add a tail light to the existing wiring, please post!
Enough about wheels.

We need a white light at the top of the rudder to be legal for night flying, or at least to look legal!

This is the mod I am most interested in.

I really like the lights!

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old May 12, 2012, 05:16 PM
Lebanon,OH
Joined Oct 2002
381 Posts
Ok! Picked mine up this morning and no problems with my servos, etc. I did turn dwn the travel adj to 85 on air, elev, and running my flaps at 75% dwn travel.
I did have to tweak the rudder just a little by bending the wire to ctr it up. I also mounted my Trexler #6 tundra tires They are 2 1/2 inches in dia. I know they are huge, but man, what fun flying this thing with those monsters on it. It moved my c.g.a little fwd it seems, but just req a few clicks of up elev trim. It lands with a nice little bounce, it's hilarious really!!! I basically just rigged them on with a little piece of plastic tubing that we used to use with are FM antenna wires. I CA'd them to the wire gear, then used a tie wrap as a collar since I couldn''t find any of my smaller Dubro collar's. I works like a charm!! Let me know what you think. I think it looks the part of a bush Carbon SS Cub.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
M3_matt is offline Find More Posts by M3_matt
Last edited by M3_matt; May 13, 2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Painted wheel hubs alum
Old May 12, 2012, 06:56 PM
Dbl
United States, MN, New Hope
Joined Aug 2010
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSchug View Post
Enough about wheels.

We need a white light at the top of the rudder to be legal for night flying, or at least to look legal!

This is the mod I am most interested in.

I really like the lights!

Pete
Same here, I am going to try and get a flashing light installed both top and bottom this week. Trying to get the servo problems ironed out first.
Dbl is offline Find More Posts by Dbl
Old May 12, 2012, 09:01 PM
Joined Oct 2007
702 Posts
M3_Matt - those wheels are freakin' AWESOME!!! I love the jumbo oversizes look -good very realistic for bush flying. Nice job!

I also agree with Pete - we totally need a white light on the vert stab. If someone figures this out, please post how you did it.
MinneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MinneFlyer
Old May 12, 2012, 09:13 PM
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
722 Posts
Those wheels do look awesome! How much they weigh is what concerns me... How does it land with them on there?
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Old May 12, 2012, 09:24 PM
Lebanon,OH
Joined Oct 2002
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by makg View Post
Those wheels do look awesome! How much they weigh is what concerns me... How does it land with them on there?
They weigh .35 oz's a pair! It lands ok! I have to carry some pwr in the flare, but overall not much dif then the stock tires!
M3_matt is offline Find More Posts by M3_matt
Old May 12, 2012, 09:33 PM
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
722 Posts
I think I might get some #4s which are 2 1/8...they look cool!
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Old May 12, 2012, 10:57 PM
Dbl
Joined Aug 2010
60 Posts
Here is mine in flight with the L4's. I think they are just perfect! Oh it looks good on the floats as well
Old May 12, 2012, 11:11 PM
Joined Apr 2012
55 Posts
You think you can operate from short grass with those?

Greg
Tree Rat RC is offline Find More Posts by Tree Rat RC
Old May 12, 2012, 11:18 PM
Dbl
Joined Aug 2010
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree Rat RC View Post
You think you can operate from short grass with those?

Greg
I will be trying tomorrow! I think it will work on takeoff. Landing, maybe? If you make sure you lock that tail down on landing it might work on short grass. It lands so slow it should have half a chance. I was going to use a Champ main wheel for a tail wheel but after seeing how fast the tail comes up I don't think I will bother, even off the grass.
Old May 13, 2012, 01:26 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl View Post
I put the Grasshopper wheels on my second Cub (first is at Horizon) they are a great addition. Easy as all get out to install. I am going to mod the tail wheel with a larger wheel as well. I have a set of Mosquito wheels as well but these look just right to me.

Attachment 4853144
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinneFlyer View Post
Hey Dbl - did you pick up your Grasshopper wheels from a local hobby store? If so, where? I checked Hub Hobby today with no luck.
Love the Grasshopper wheels! I definitely need a set. Who makes the Grasshopper? BTW - I just noticed that the three of us are in the 'Cites. East Bethel, here. Are you guys in any of the local clubs?

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member