airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:49 PM
United States, TN, Crossville
Joined Aug 2012
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator187 View Post
Not quite my experience. It's more like full throttle or die!!! Sure it slows down to a walking pace for perfect landings, but full throttle seems like 5-10 mph. I have the complete UMX line, and of course I expect this one to be the least aerobatic, but I dare not fly in ANY wind unless I want the plane to travel backwards. Just tried the 5030; which has noticably improves the others (sbach, beast, Geebee), but there was no noticable difference with the CCub No way would I even attempt aerotow with the ASK-21. Is it possible I have a bum motor? My packs are hyperion 240 25c. They perform amazing in all the other umx planes.
I just flew mine in a 30mph wind and it had plenty of power to pull through it.
Archi Bald is offline Find More Posts by Archi Bald
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:46 AM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
5,213 Posts
Quote:
Not quite my experience. It's more like full throttle or die!!! Sure it slows down to a walking pace for perfect landings, but full throttle seems like 5-10 mph. I have the complete UMX line, and of course I expect this one to be the least aerobatic, but I dare not fly in ANY wind unless I want the plane to travel backwards. Just tried the 5030; which has noticably improves the others (sbach, beast, Geebee), but there was no noticable difference with the CCub No way would I even attempt aerotow with the ASK-21. Is it possible I have a bum motor? My packs are hyperion 240 25c. They perform amazing in all the other umx planes.
Hmmm....

I just flew mine today in a little bit of wind, with a slightly chopped down prop no less, and she was a banshee...

Mine flys straight and level, hands off, at 45-50% throttle. Takes off in less than two plane lengths at full throttle (no flaps) and climbs out at a respectable 45 degree angle. Loops. Rolls.

Dunno what to tell you...
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:00 AM
Joined Mar 2010
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Is the prop on backwards?
Letters face the front.
...a legitimate response, but prop is installed correctly.
I'll try to fly soon with another with the CCub and record the other one doing loops around mine as I bury the throttle.
Gator187 is offline Find More Posts by Gator187
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:58 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,236 Posts
Honestly have heard of one of these umx bl motors being bum from the factory. Is it rubbing on something?
Call HH.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:40 AM
Joined Aug 2012
128 Posts
I put a Rimfire 200 2400kv motor on mine with a 6x3 prop and love it. its quiet and has the power to climb strait up with a hyperion 320mah battery. Im able to fly it a lot slower too without flaps on
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Jul 2006
704 Posts
Quote:
She should perform like this:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1670703
microheli is offline Find More Posts by microheli
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:28 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,468 Posts
Gator,

As Microheli noted - a CC with the 2300Kv motor, 5030, and a Hyp 240 pack should have no trouble hanging on the prop. Here's a checklist:
  1. Verify that the motor isn't rubbing on something.
  2. Make sure that the prop isn't slipping.
  3. Verify that your throttle travel is set to 100% & that you don't have low rates, throttle-cut, or any throttle mixes accidentally programmed.
  4. Calibrate the ESC.
  5. Verify the integrity of the motor wiring, power wiring, and the connectors.
If you've done all of the above & the problem still exists, it is either the motor or the brick.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:40 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
gator,

as microheli noted - a cc with the 2300kv motor, 5030, and a hyp 240 pack should have no trouble hanging on the prop. Here's a checklist:
  1. verify that the motor isn't rubbing on something.
  2. make sure that the prop isn't slipping.
  3. verify that your throttle travel is set to 100% & that you don't have low rates, throttle-cut, or any throttle mixes accidentally programmed.
  4. calibrate the esc.
  5. verify the integrity of the motor wiring, power wiring, and the connectors.
if you've done all of the above & the problem still exists, it is either the motor or the brick.

Joel
+1
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:51 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,780 Posts
Finally got my 2300kv motor for my Beast. It seems to be about the same level of noise as the new CC's 2500kv which was surprisingly quiet. I wonder if the new 2500's need re-testing? I"m glad the new CC is so quiet. This summer when I go lake flying I don't want to upset the ambiance.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:21 AM
Joined Aug 2012
128 Posts
Modified UMX Carbon Cub with Rimfire 200 2400kv Motor & 6X3 prop

Flies verry smooth with the Rimfire 200 2400kv motor with the 6X3 prop and a hyperion 450mah 2s lipo 13 to 15 minut flights. Gona try the watterfloats next time.

Modified UMX Carbon Cub with Rimfire 200 2400kv Motor & 6X3 prop (3 min 26 sec)
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:21 AM
United States, MA, Rutland
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Just a quick pic

My cub, fixed up and flies like new!
ScottGridley is offline Find More Posts by ScottGridley
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:16 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottGridley View Post
My cub, fixed up and flies like new!
Looking good. What's it parked on? Weird surface. What did you fix up?
I swore I was going to keep my Cub perfect, only scale flying, but today ran it into it's box and put a big right angle ding in the wing. I never leave the box out on the tarmac, but this morning the grass was wet and so the box was out and the plane went right for it.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:29 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
860 Posts
new spinner

Here is the Shapeways Sbach spinner on my Carbon Cub. I painted it, but the colors dont quite match... I will fix that soon. I just love the look of this spinner on here, it favors the looks of a Husky now Next is droop wing-tips..

knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:43 PM
United States, MA, Rutland
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
Looking good. What's it parked on? Weird surface. What did you fix up?
I swore I was going to keep my Cub perfect, only scale flying, but today ran it into it's box and put a big right angle ding in the wing. I never leave the box out on the tarmac, but this morning the grass was wet and so the box was out and the plane went right for it.
Mike
It's on a baseball field. Some kind of sandy gravel stuff...I call it scale river bank.

I'm the same way with mine, really wanted to keep it pristine. But how long could that last!?

I was wind surfing the other day, going backwards at altitude in fact. Tried a loop, but coming over the top the wind flipped her around pretty quick, I lost orientation and flew her into a tree branch. Only major damage was the prop which was toast, but it turned out the prop angle was way off causing constant climb under power. A little steam behind the firewall and all is back to normal...
ScottGridley is offline Find More Posts by ScottGridley