HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:17 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR2 View Post
One of the demonstrations that the maker of Corrosion X have done is to totally treat a television, submerse it in water and turn it on. Picture a bit blurry from the water but the TV functioned just fine. This was even with an older CRT TV.
I wonder what type of water they used for the demo. That is the most important piece of information. I have seen & done that same demo in deionized water with an untreated CRT television. The set functioned just fine during & after the demo - however the speaker cone didn't survive getting soaked.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:17 AM
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Corrosionx

The AS3X 6410 board that i dipped in corrosionx has ben sitting in well water for a week now and it still works. And yes its iron rich and its not filterd
Archi Bald is offline Find More Posts by Archi Bald
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:28 AM
Just a whisper in the wind
United States, OH, Chillicothe
Joined Jul 2012
270 Posts
Im gonna say i love this micro, its my fav micro, the eflite bats last at least for a solid 8-9 min a piece with the advocacy of use towards proper throttle control, altitude mananagement and use of flaps. I absolutely cannot wait for winta, fish tailing and skis... Ya buddy! Only 3 months to go
Birds of Prey is offline Find More Posts by Birds of Prey
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:20 PM
United States, MA, Rutland
Joined Oct 2011
188 Posts
Simple wheel pant mod

Some things I've noticed:
1. the plastic wheel struts attached to the wire landing gear restrict movement of the wheels and affect ground handling
2. Hard landings lead to the wheels transmitting energy to the airframe through the struts rather than absorbing the shock.

I simply cut some replicas from grey card stock and glued them directly to the fuselage. They are not attached to the landing gear at all. Ground handing is better, and the wire absorbs shock better. Might not be critical to a better pilot, or one flying from pavement, but i operate off rough and gravel surfaces, and this is a definite improvement:
ScottGridley is offline Find More Posts by ScottGridley
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:03 AM
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Carbon Cub pics

Ok everyone please show pics of ur cubs i need some ideas about what to do as far as adding lights cause i dont like having just one white led on one side. and its hard to see after dark too.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:08 AM
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
also can i just plug leds strait to the 5th channel or do i hav to use a light controller switch
Last edited by Archi Bald; Sep 25, 2012 at 03:30 AM. Reason: added to
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:20 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,791 Posts
LEDs is simple but not as simple as some think...lots of things to consider... they'll usually (not always) need current limiting resistors and you have to decide on series or parallel wiring or a combination... there are advantages and disadvantages to each, and sometimes the decision is forced upon you under certain supply voltage conditions. I don't own a CC yet so I can't say for certain but I have a hunch the stock LEDs are in series seeing how dim they look.

I did my Champ's LEDs in parallel for maximum brightness and it's also impossible to run 4 LEDs in series off the 1S 3.7v lipos I use in that plane. Having only the one single wing landing light actually helps with orientation... and it's scale

North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:33 AM
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
LEDs is simple but not as simple as some think...lots of things to consider... they'll usually (not always) need current limiting resistors and you have to decide on series or parallel wiring or a combination... there are advantages and disadvantages to each, and sometimes the decision is forced upon you under certain supply voltage conditions. I don't own a CC yet so I can't say for certain but I have a hunch the stock LEDs are in series seeing how dim they look.

I did my Champ's LEDs in parallel for maximum brightness and it's also impossible to run 4 LEDs in series off the 1S 3.7v lipos I use in that plane. Having only the one single wing landing light actually helps with orientation... and it's scale

Good info. I did leds on a bigger plane with a light controler that plugs in to a channle on the receiver. The cub is hard to see when bank turning it and the top of the plane is towards me.

So ur saying if i re wired the lights in parallel they would be brighter rite.
So i need to know how much vltage one of the stock leds can handle.
And how much voltage the 5th channle put out.
Then i would need one resistor or one resistor for each led.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:36 AM
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
i would just put an led controller in it but dont wana go adding more to this little plane unless i just hav to
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:14 AM
Dbl
United States, MN, New Hope
Joined Aug 2010
60 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=88 Video of lights.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=92 How I installed them.
Dbl is offline Find More Posts by Dbl
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:51 AM
"Hey yall watch this"...
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
Alright guys after the battle of bad servos and long waits i got a seconde batch plane. I flew it probably 3-4 times then it sat around in the box for about a month. The afternoons hete have been perfect weather wise, cool, dead calm, decided to go up and on lap 2 cub decides to take a dive straight, and i mean straight as an arrow right into the ground. I had zero control over it, no,responce to any control imputs......what a bummer..so back to horizon it goes. This is an awsome plane, iv been flying for a while and 3d mostly, so its very relaxing to just sitdown enjoy some scale flights.
Planecraazy is offline Find More Posts by Planecraazy
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:05 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archi Bald View Post
Good info. I did leds on a bigger plane with a light controler that plugs in to a channle on the receiver. The cub is hard to see when bank turning it and the top of the plane is towards me.

So ur saying if i re wired the lights in parallel they would be brighter rite.
So i need to know how much vltage one of the stock leds can handle.
And how much voltage the 5th channle put out.
Then i would need one resistor or one resistor for each led.
1. Sometimes, not necessarily.

2. Sort of. Different colors usually have different forward voltages.

3. Maybe, not familiar with the 5th channel. Can be wired directly to the battery though.

Don't mean to be short, just wanted to let you know I saw this but need to crash. Will hopefully have time tomorrow to elaborate or maybe even just pm you.
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:44 AM
Just gotta mod. it
Northern British Columbia
Joined Dec 2006
936 Posts
Gotta have a pilot..lol
canadianufo is offline Find More Posts by canadianufo
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:25 AM
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Modified Carbon Cub Hitec Servoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planecraazy View Post
Alright guys after the battle of bad servos and long waits i got a seconde batch plane. I flew it probably 3-4 times then it sat around in the box for about a month. The afternoons hete have been perfect weather wise, cool, dead calm, decided to go up and on lap 2 cub decides to take a dive straight, and i mean straight as an arrow right into the ground. I had zero control over it, no,responce to any control imputs......what a bummer..so back to horizon it goes. This is an awsome plane, iv been flying for a while and 3d mostly, so its very relaxing to just sitdown enjoy some scale flights.
Modified UMX Carbon Cub SS with AS3X AS6410 Board And Hitec 35HD Servoes No more servo broblems (4 min 28 sec)
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:53 AM
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianufo View Post
Gotta have a pilot..lol
Now thats awsome.