HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:38 PM
United States, TN, Crossville
Joined Aug 2012
125 Posts
Yea The 3000kv is louder than the 2300 of cours. But the 2300 doesnt got enouph power for strait up climbing even with the 5043 prop. Also i Flew in a 15mph wind with ease yesturday at about half throttle. and its not that loud if ur just slow flying. Ive also got the beast 3d and the same stuff in it too no more problems with servoes on it eather. Gona put more lights on the cub cause after dark its kinda hard to see when u turn it and the top of the wings are tilted towrd u.
Archi Bald is offline Find More Posts by Archi Bald
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:28 AM
United Kingdom
Joined May 2012
220 Posts
Yeah the lights would be alot more effective if they were on the wing tips not under the wing! And with it being mostly grey in colour, at dusk if the lights are not visable the plane almost disappears!
It's not my favoured wind plane though, beast 3d and mig 15 are better.
I just like cruising about on calm evenings with the cub
Don't get me wrong i like what you've done to yours though
cheers
mygeneration is offline Find More Posts by mygeneration
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:51 AM
Joined Aug 2012
125 Posts
Modified UMX Carbon Cub

My first time with the water floats. wasnt as easy as i thought it would be.
would probly be easyer if it had the as3x board in it though.

Modified UMX Carbon Cub With Water floats (2 min 53 sec)
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:51 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archi Bald View Post
My first time with the water floats. wasnt as easy as i thought it would be.
would probly be easyer if it had the as3x board in it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_6PYKu4WSU
Im curious where your cg is, it looked like it was tail heavy to me. That tipstall near the end was a bit dicey lol! I need to get around to ordering the parts to build myself one of these little fellas....

Mendo
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:18 AM
Joined Aug 2012
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo View Post
Im curious where your cg is, it looked like it was tail heavy to me. That tipstall near the end was a bit dicey lol! I need to get around to ordering the parts to build myself one of these little fellas....

Mendo
that tip stall was cause a little water got in and caused a short but its ok everything still works fine. water does get into the batery compartment a little too. so i put water proof tape over the holes in the battery lid. also gona get some corrosion x to waterproof the board.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:45 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,961 Posts
Aren't those holes the only place for the internal cooling airflow to exit?

(was just reading about the overheating issue in the other thread)
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyZone Sport Cub S BNF
Old Aug 26, 2012, 02:51 PM
Canada, BC, Port Alberni
Joined Jun 2012
277 Posts
so i finaly bought a DX6I transmitter =D and bought a CC =D one problem thoe.the flap servo's motor wheel spun-off as i can se through the window that it's not on and is just spinning.i will no dought "exchang" it for a new one as i didnt even fly it,.. i was just checking the controls and figuring out the DX6I at the time. i've heard people has had problems with servos with the CC. once i get the new CC i hope this plane isnt problematic for me. are there anyone here that has had the same problem,and does anyone here have good things to say about this plane as people on here usualy have negative reviews about it. unfortunitly i have to wait till tuesday for the rc shop to be open =(
B.C.NEWFIE is offline Find More Posts by B.C.NEWFIE
Old Aug 26, 2012, 03:13 PM
Canada, BC, Port Alberni
Joined Jun 2012
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Right... I forgot.. it's only 4%
well i guess im the %4 peep who got a CC with a "no-wheel" servo.i realy hope that my replacment CC will be trouble free.the rc shop here in town has like 4 CC in stock,so there will be no waiting period for shipping,. just have to wait till tuesday for it to be open.but yea,. having this problem makes me wounder if i should have bought the CC as i was going to buy the S-Bach.but was thinking i should get more experence and air time before i get such a plane.
B.C.NEWFIE is offline Find More Posts by B.C.NEWFIE
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:26 PM
Joined Aug 2012
125 Posts
Quote:

No. moste of the air goes out the holes in the back where the conecting rods for the elevator and rudder are. The board aint gona get hot unless u run full throttle for 10minuts strait.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:37 PM
Joined Aug 2012
125 Posts
Quote:

Also dont forget mine is mdified i cut out an airpath so air blowes through the little holes and over the board too. Also if u fly in 90 degree weather electronics are gona get hot no mater what u do.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:33 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,961 Posts
Quote:
No. moste of the air goes out the holes in the back where the conecting rods for the elevator and rudder are. The board aint gona get hot unless u run full throttle for 10minuts strait.
Oh, ok, I thought someone had said those holes are pretty much filled up with guides.
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyZone Sport Cub S BNF
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:13 PM
Wyoming USA
Joined Aug 2009
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly View Post
Well since I am know as the STOL guy around Horizon and I put bush tires on just about everything... (1/4 scale H9 Cub, Apprentice with flaps converted to taildragger, Hobbyzone Super Cub with flaps and #8 Trexler tires, and now the Carbon Cub)

M3_Matt showed his so I had to add the #5 Trexlers on mine too and a UM Corsair main wheel for the tailwheel.

I had to add slats also..

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
technically those are slots. Like on the Dakota Cub http://www.super18aircraft.com/image...compressed.pdf. These are slats http://supercub.com/aircraft-catalog...atkitinfo.html.
rcairplanenut2 is offline Find More Posts by rcairplanenut2
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:23 PM
United States, AL, Phenix City
Joined Oct 2009
46 Posts
Just posted in the other CC thread in the micro RTF section about my issues with the motor cut off. here is a link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3992

Also added more lights to the CC. two forward facing white spot light LED's hidden in the cowl. a white strobe on the rudder, a red LED by the tail wheel and a green cockpit light to light up the plane a lot more at night.
rigmasterk is offline Find More Posts by rigmasterk
Last edited by rigmasterk; Aug 28, 2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: added pics
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigmasterk View Post
Just posted in the other CC thread in the micro RTF section about my issues with the motor cut off. here is a link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3992

Also added more lights to the CC. two forward facing white spot light LED's hidden in the cowl. a white strobe on the rudder, a red LED by the tail wheel and a green cockpit light to light up the plane a lot more at night.
thats why i bought the plane without the stock board in it with servoes on the board. Ive had no problems with overheating and im running the 180 3000kv with 5030 prop.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:46 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,955 Posts
Quote:
thats why i bought the plane without the stock board in it with servoes on the board. Ive had no problems with overheating and im running the 180 3000kv with 5030 prop.
On the other hand, many of us have had no trouble with stock electronics & the 2300 motor - even in hot wx. I'm using a 5030 prop & TP 325 65c packs, and mine flies great in 105 F temps in any flight-condition & at throttle setting. It also has enough power to hover, even 10 minutes into the pack.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member