HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 09, 2012, 07:51 PM
Joined Oct 2007
702 Posts
Awesome idea Shawn, I may have to switch over to the mosquito wheels this weekend! They do look good!
MinneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MinneFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2012, 11:24 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,256 Posts
I did the 1.5 inch wheel mod too. Got mine a while back from HK. They do handle short grass fairly well. You still may nose over at the end of the roll out at times though. I painted the hubs black before I put them on.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old May 11, 2012, 01:42 AM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
...I have a set of 1,5 inch wheels here from the E-Flite Grasshopper, they look really good and are very balloony. My CC is still in the mail but is expected to arrive today...

cheers
Uwe
anj4de is offline Find More Posts by anj4de
Old May 11, 2012, 02:55 AM
Joined Jul 2009
313 Posts
Has anyone attempted to install a water rudder on the floats?
mitsudriver274 is offline Find More Posts by mitsudriver274
Old May 11, 2012, 06:33 AM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
Hi all

Mine has just arrived...well about 45min ago. I have so far tested all the servos (at 90% travel) and they all work fine. I have also quickly changed the wheels...and what I was hoping came true. The E-Flite Grasshopper wheels are a drop in replacement bringing the CC up to "outdoor" specs. So now she is ready for "little Alaska" here. Will set up the radio later and hopefully maiden her tomorrow...

cheers
Uwe

Old May 11, 2012, 10:56 AM
Champaign. Illinois
Joined Jun 2003
755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anj4de View Post
Hi all

Mine has just arrived...well about 45min ago. I have so far tested all the servos (at 90% travel) and they all work fine. I have also quickly changed the wheels...and what I was hoping came true. The E-Flite Grasshopper wheels are a drop in replacement bringing the CC up to "outdoor" specs. So now she is ready for "little Alaska" here. Will set up the radio later and hopefully maiden her tomorrow...

cheers
Uwe

Thats funny as I just installed those exact wheels on my Carbon Cub last night...

They fit perfect and really look the part.

Matt Andren
Parkzone/Hobbyzone
Horizonhobby
Mattfly is online now Find More Posts by Mattfly
Site Sponsor
Old May 11, 2012, 12:20 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,256 Posts
Okay, those wheels put mine to shame nice job, going to have to get a set of those! What is the diameter of those?
Old May 11, 2012, 02:07 PM
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
726 Posts
Wow those look great, and very scale! How tall are they?
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Old May 11, 2012, 03:30 PM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
Okay, those wheels put mine to shame nice job, going to have to get a set of those! What is the diameter of those?
They seem to be 1,5 inches...and were left over after my Grasshopper got bigger wheels as well.

cheers
Uwe
Old May 11, 2012, 08:12 PM
Joined Oct 2007
702 Posts
Awesome! I scoured my LHS and they didn't carry spare wheels for the Grasshopper or Mosquito. Guess ill be ordering them!
Last edited by MinneFlyer; May 11, 2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old May 11, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Apr 2012
55 Posts
Are the grasshopper wheels from the L4 250 and are they the same as the mosquito?

Greg
Tree Rat RC is offline Find More Posts by Tree Rat RC
Old May 11, 2012, 08:21 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anj4de View Post
They seem to be 1,5 inches...and were left over after my Grasshopper got bigger wheels as well.

cheers
Uwe
Thanks, I ordered some today already . I'm using the same size now but those look correct being fatter.
Old May 11, 2012, 10:19 PM
Dbl
United States, MN, New Hope
Joined Aug 2010
60 Posts
I put the Grasshopper wheels on my second Cub (first is at Horizon) they are a great addition. Easy as all get out to install. I am going to mod the tail wheel with a larger wheel as well. I have a set of Mosquito wheels as well but these look just right to me.

Name: IMG_0457.jpg
Views: 471
Size: 218.9 KB
Description: L4 Grasshopper wheels.
Dbl is offline Find More Posts by Dbl
Last edited by Dbl; May 11, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old May 11, 2012, 10:29 PM
Joined Oct 2007
702 Posts
Hey Dbl - did you pick up your Grasshopper wheels from a local hobby store? If so, where? I checked Hub Hobby today with no luck.
Old May 11, 2012, 10:38 PM
Dbl
United States, MN, New Hope
Joined Aug 2010
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinneFlyer View Post
Hey Dbl - did you pick up your Grasshopper wheels from a local hobby store? If so, where? I checked Hub Hobby today with no luck.
I did, I got mine at Hobby Zone in Plymouth. I may have gotten the last set but if you order them from the store they have them next day or 2nd day. Two others to try, Hobby Warehouse in Richfield or Big Sky Hobbies in Eagan. Good luck, it is a no-brainier add on.
Dbl is offline Find More Posts by Dbl