HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:51 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
There is little likelihood of interfering with each other or any other RC vehicles. Make sure you order mode 2. This model is sold mostly outside of the United States, where mode 1 may be more common.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Nov 28, 2012 at 05:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:05 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
When the 2 of you are together, dont do the binding at the same time, it shouldnt be a problem then.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:13 PM
Joined Nov 2012
70 Posts
Thanks War Horse. I thought that would be the case but wasn't sure. Well I'm ready to get my F45. Sadly, the Ebay seller I was gonna get it from has sold all out of the ones he had in stock. Whats the best online shop to get a F45? I know about Banggood and the other Asia Warehouses, but my Dad says it's prolly too late to order thru them and be sure of getting by Xmas. True? So my task today is to find a good US shop and dealer to order it. Might be even getting two, but one for sure. My brother says he wants one too,... he doesn't want my DH Voli cause it's kinda banged up. Even though he's the one who dropped it outta the sky most! Now he doesn't want it! So, we might give the Voli to my little cousin.

Anyways, any recommendations on who to deal with for my F45 purchase. Really want to order today to make sure I get it by Xmas. I know the HS field will be buzzin' Xmas day like it always is, and I wanna be there. Thanks!
Eric.Jr.Sax is offline Find More Posts by Eric.Jr.Sax
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Eric, unfortunatly the Asian (China) places like aliexpress and banggood are the best priced, but do take some time to get to your door. Go over to this thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1597711 and ask the guys for a place to get it quicker, its been brought up there before , but was some time ago.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:57 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
I had to look in my favs and believe these guys are in the USA, I've ordered from them before, but just parts. They got here within a week;

http://www.techntoys.com/mjx-f645-f4...e64545424.html

Great price for the F45
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Nov 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
I had to look in my favs and believe these guys are in the USA, I've ordered from them before, but just parts. They got here within a week;

http://www.techntoys.com/mjx-f645-f4...e64545424.html

Great price for the F45
WOW! Thanks Mr. War Horse! I told my Dad and he called and spoke to this guy named Andy. We're definitely getting two now. He told him he was referred by you, but since we didn't know you're real name, we just said War Horse. I hope he knows so he can thank you for the referral.

Thanks so much for the finger point Mr. War Horse!
Last edited by Eric.Jr.Sax; Nov 30, 2012 at 03:45 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:43 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Any time Eric, I hope you guys enjoy the new helis. Report back after you get them and tell us how you like them.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:15 PM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
United States, WI, Beloit
Joined Nov 2012
4,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinBass View Post
Nearly verbatim, I've had that conversation with my wife before. Thankfully haven't had to pay for divorce counsel as of yet, Im assuming that is far more expensive than our toys.
Mine was $2000 up front....

Best move ever.
Steve_ is offline Find More Posts by Steve_
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Our Day at the Park
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:41 PM
United States, UT, Clinton
Joined Dec 2012
8 Posts
I'm sure glad I found this post. I was waiting for my birthday (easier to justify the money) to pull the trigger on the DH9117. I was originally going to get the DH9116. Then I saw the 9117 I figured newer + bigger = better. I ordered the MJX F645/F45 today. I'm hoping it arrives before the snow. I look forward to learning from everybody on here.
devildog444 is offline Find More Posts by devildog444
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:03 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog444 View Post
I'm sure glad I found this post. I was waiting for my birthday (easier to justify the money) to pull the trigger on the DH9117. I was originally going to get the DH9116. Then I saw the 9117 I figured newer + bigger = better. I ordered the MJX F645/F45 today. I'm hoping it arrives before the snow. I look forward to learning from everybody on here.
Good move on the F45
Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:21 PM
Joined Dec 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Good move on the F45
Thank you! I've been reading the F45 thread today instead of working. I just received an email that it already shipped.
I was out in your neck of the woods a couple months ago. I have a friend in Spring Hill. I wouldn't have to worry about the snow if I moved out there...
Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:38 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog444 View Post
Thank you! I've been reading the F45 thread today instead of working. I just received an email that it already shipped.
I was out in your neck of the woods a couple months ago. I have a friend in Spring Hill. I wouldn't have to worry about the snow if I moved out there...
Yeah ,I'm just a wee bit north, lots of cow pastures around here, they would be great for flying, cept for getting shot ..... I really need to get to know some property owners
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:39 PM
Joined Dec 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Yeah ,I'm just a wee bit north, lots of cow pastures around here, they would be great for flying, cept for getting shot ..... I really need to get to know some property owners
Ha ha Yeah getting shot at is a whole new hobby
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:57 PM
Joined Nov 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Good move on the F45
Yep,... waiting on my F45 now. Tracking says it's on the FedEx truck for delivery, so it should be here at any moment now. Also on that truck is my T-rex OEM 450 V2 Clone. All thanks to you War Horse and your finger point to Techntoys, cause that's where we got'em both from. Also picked up an extra 7.4v 2200mah battery that should be in the box too!

You got a good recommendation for one of the training wheel things with the 4 yellow balls? I hear they're not all made equal and some are good and some are just plain trash. And one last question, the controller that comes with the F45, can it be used with a PC simulator program? Those sims seem to be way cheaper when they're not bundled with a controller.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:20 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Eric, the Blade trainers are what I started with, worked well for me.

As far as a Tx, I like the Spectrum Dx6i, but you can get a TH9X for 1/2 the price. I have one (TH9X) but dont like it as much as the Dx6i. None of these TX's will work with the F45, however , if you get into building your own in the future, stick to one or the other, it will get you used to the feel and ease of setup. I'm more into scale flying and dont need more than 6 channels. you need to know where you want to go in the future and start getting the right units for that now that will serve you well for some time to come. The Dx6i will work great with a sim and also give you the feel for it when you use it on the field.