HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2012, 05:07 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auflyer View Post
Great contribution for your first post!!!! So who do you work for then hey?????
Sounds to me that he maybe the owner of the ebay store as alot of the Chinese have now set up their wharehouses in the US so the US can get things from them for cheaper than averyone else in the world ??
Why dont they do it here !! I get 99% of my stuff from China I would love to get them at the prices the us gets them for.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2012, 05:42 AM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Australia, NSW, Laurieton
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Received my 9117 today. Out of the box it looks good. Much has already been described already, however the pcb is a lot like the 9116 pcb but does have quite a few differences. The mesh on the main gear and motor seemed a bit notchy otherwise it was put together well. I though it was unusual it didn't have a tail light despite having a spare plug for it on the pcb. For those saying its controls are sluggish have you tried using the fourth hole on the servo horn. The servo horn has four holes and it comes with the links connected to the third

I took a heap of pictures which I will upload when I get a chance. I won't be able to fly it till Wednesday afternoon however I would say the swash will need a bit of work as in typical dh fashion it's no where near level
Auflyer is offline Find More Posts by Auflyer
Old May 14, 2012, 06:58 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Cool Scott,

aha a new PCB, well I hope they have set it up like you do with all the DH range of heli's so Scott I can't wait for your review of it and any mods you need to do to it.

I have been told by my missus that I am NOT allowed to buy any more heli's untill after I pay for my new electric chair so thats going to be a couple of months.

But I will see how much I can butter her up and get the 9117 soon!!
Old May 14, 2012, 08:02 AM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Received my 9117 today. Out of the box it looks good. Much has already been described already, however the pcb is a lot like the 9116 pcb but does have quite a few differences. The mesh on the main gear and motor seemed a bit notchy otherwise it was put together well. I though it was unusual it didn't have a tail light despite having a spare plug for it on the pcb. For those saying its controls are sluggish have you tried using the fourth hole on the servo horn. The servo horn has four holes and it comes with the links connected to the third

I took a heap of pictures which I will upload when I get a chance. I won't be able to fly it till Wednesday afternoon however I would say the swash will need a bit of work as in typical dh fashion it's no where near level
I get full travel from my swashplate with using the 3rd hole on the servo arm. It actually went too far and bound a bit and had to back it off using EPA.
Still sluggish performance.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old May 14, 2012, 03:49 PM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Cool Scott,

aha a new PCB, well I hope they have set it up like you do with all the DH range of heli's so Scott I can't wait for your review of it and any mods you need to do to it.

I have been told by my missus that I am NOT allowed to buy any more heli's untill after I pay for my new electric chair so thats going to be a couple of months.

But I will see how much I can butter her up and get the 9117 soon!!
LOL, I know what you mean

Wife: You have a package that turned up - rolls eyes
Me: Thanks
Wife: Well???
Me: Well what
Wife: Is that another new helicopter????
Me: Maybe
Wife: Why do you need another helicopter
Me: This ones bigger
Wife: Whilst getting the look " Im not saying anything" and walks off

The fact she didnt say anything , I took it as it was ok and currently have the winning bid in on a titan 450 pro lol Anyone know a good divorce lawyer
Old May 14, 2012, 03:52 PM
Under Construction..
Joined Apr 2012
46 Posts
Quote:

The fact she didnt say anything , I took it as it was ok and currently have the winning bid in on a titan 450 pro lol Anyone know a good divorce lawyer

Nearly verbatim, I've had that conversation with my wife before. Thankfully haven't had to pay for divorce counsel as of yet, Im assuming that is far more expensive than our toys.
FlyinBass is offline Find More Posts by FlyinBass
Old May 14, 2012, 04:37 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,413 Posts
Quote:

Well, you sure have balls! I hope she lets you keep them.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old May 15, 2012, 03:44 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:

lol thats about it in a nutshell
Old May 15, 2012, 03:47 AM
Australia, WA, Mandurah
Joined Apr 2012
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Well, you sure have balls! I hope she lets you keep them.
Keep what? The balls or the helicopters? Lol
Angrydad is offline Find More Posts by Angrydad
Old May 15, 2012, 04:16 AM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrydad View Post
Keep what? The balls or the helicopters? Lol
Both hopefully, im quite attached to both of them lol

Here are some pictures I took, sorry for quality only taken on Iphone. Battery is on charge and hopefully I will actually finish work during daylight hours tomorrow so I can get its maiden flight in

Note the vacant spot for the missing tail light, will have to retro fit one

Old May 15, 2012, 10:04 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Auflyer, now if you could get a few photos of the receiver underside. But that better wait a few months after the first 100 flights.

Great photos. Answers a lot of questions about the DH9117..
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old May 15, 2012, 10:11 AM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Is your tail fin too short and allow the tail rotor to scrub the ground? Mine is.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old May 15, 2012, 01:13 PM
Joined Mar 2012
203 Posts
So that's a fixed-pitch head? Thanks for posting the pix. I was trying to reconcile it to a CP. A little simpler I guess, swashplate doesn't have to travel up/down as well as wiggle.
KM6VV is offline Find More Posts by KM6VV
Old May 15, 2012, 03:00 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM6VV View Post
So that's a fixed-pitch head?
Fixed Pitch (FP) helicopters also have a solid connection, blade tip to blade tip. The blades can only pitch opposite, not uniformly as in both pitch up or both pitch down.

And the FP swashplate is at a fixed distance from the flybar.or blades.which can not move up or down either.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old May 15, 2012, 05:57 PM
Joined Mar 2012
203 Posts
thanks for the explanation!
KM6VV is offline Find More Posts by KM6VV