HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 09, 2012, 09:50 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
Looks like the F 45 is stamped aluminum as well with faux carbon look. Should have just left it bare.

http://www.rcpartsbox.com/mjx-rc-f45...are-parts.html
Well damn, I thought it was G20. So, the only real difference is the swashplate and control coupling. But, that's enough. By the way, the HBFP V2 weighs 305gr and runs 3 cells. 460gr is really a load for that brushed motor.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; May 09, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2012, 11:09 AM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Well damn, I thought it was G20. So, the only real difference is the swashplate and control coupling. But, that's enough. By the way, the HBFP V2 weighs 305gr and runs 3 cells. 460gr is really a load for that brushed motor.
I can't seem to find the HBFP V2 anywhere in stock? It seems like most esky products are out of stock. Any idea?
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old May 09, 2012, 11:47 AM
Tom
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Dec 2011
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezywilly View Post
9117:

The tail boom: The same as the f45 down to the mounting block, tail motor, tail motor assembly and screws. The fins are metal but we could steal them and put them on the f45 using the same screws. Even the same color wire going to the control board.

My initial impression is that the f45 is a better choice hands down.
Double check the stabilizer fins on the DH9117 - they are plastic, just a color that looks a lot like aluminum. I didn't even realize it until today when my tail motor starting twisting and went to tighten it up and realized the stabilizer fins were bending rather easily.
tom4416 is offline Find More Posts by tom4416
Old May 09, 2012, 12:00 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
I can't seem to find the HBFP V2 anywhere in stock? It seems like most esky products are out of stock. Any idea?
Unless you live in China, you won't find one new. They don't sell outside of China now.
Old May 09, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Jan 2012
506 Posts
Tom you are right. I fell into that trap hook line and sinker.
Another difference that I noticed now that I look is that the motor assembly on the 9117 has a grill on the back of the motor mount. Would allow more air flow into the motor. Now I wonder what would happen if the tail assembly were moved to the f45 with all the mods being discussed there.
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
Old May 09, 2012, 09:02 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Well there isnt much in it is there 2gms only yet the F45 is not far off from my 450 in speed and is so stable in the air.
Huh, how is that possible, 450 CCPM's can really hoot along!
I've already had mine going in excess of (guessing) 60-70kph. And im still learning, definitely more speed available!
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old May 09, 2012, 11:07 PM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
Huh, how is that possible, 450 CCPM's can really hoot along!
I've already had mine going in excess of (guessing) 60-70kph. And im still learning, definitely more speed available!
Sorry about that I did a typo I was thinking about the F45 and put in 450 Der!!
What I meant to say was that it was faster than the 9116 so sorry about that still not used to the meds as yet and my brain thinks one thing and my fingers type somthing completly diferent, I have to proof read everything I type and sometimes its just a mess and I have to retype it so thanks for pointing that out to me Sam.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old May 09, 2012, 11:29 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Sorry about that I did a typo I was thinking about the F45 and put in 450 Der!!
What I meant to say was that it was faster than the 9116 so sorry about that still not used to the meds as yet and my brain thinks one thing and my fingers type somthing completly diferent, I have to proof read everything I type and sometimes its just a mess and I have to retype it so thanks for pointing that out to me Sam.
Haha, thats ok mate, thought it may have been a mistake
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old May 11, 2012, 09:49 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the F45 weighs a lot less than the 9117 and uses a 90 swashplate, not the 120 version used on the DH helis. Those two things will account for sluggish handling and lack of power. The HBFP V2 weighs much less than the 9117 and uses a 3 cell with a 370 motor. You may think the F45 frame looks cheap, but all that 9117 stamped aluminum has a weight penalty.
F45 uses 120 swashplate. It just appears to be 90 becuase of the servo placement. The AIL servo arm point to the front nad the ELV Point to the left allowing proper positioning for the 120.

And thanks to everyone here for their comments. I was going to buy on of these to beat around, but you saved me the trouble.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old May 11, 2012, 12:08 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
F45 uses 120 swashplate. It just appears to be 90 becuase of the servo placement. The AIL servo arm point to the front nad the ELV Point to the left allowing proper positioning for the 120.

And thanks to everyone here for their comments. I was going to buy on of these to beat around, but you saved me the trouble.
Thanks for the clarification. I was tempted, but not now.
Old May 12, 2012, 03:59 PM
Joined May 2012
3 Posts
I get first flight with dh 9117 and it is great
dejannn is offline Find More Posts by dejannn
Old May 13, 2012, 12:18 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Pheonix Hacked plane update

Anyone who has Pheonix R/C simulator when you do a manual update check you will see a plane under the official updates it is a Park Flyer named " habu2 "
This file is hacked to revove all of you custom controller settings so don't install it,

Sellect the file and then sellect " Ignore " so the update will not add this file to the list of updates and you will never see it again.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old May 13, 2012, 03:33 PM
Joined May 2012
2 Posts
9117 double horse

Great big outdoor chopper, my friends...go to ebay and buy it local...why buy from overseas???
Thanks
thefedexguy is offline Find More Posts by thefedexguy
Old May 13, 2012, 03:51 PM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Australia, NSW, Laurieton
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefedexguy View Post
Great big outdoor chopper, my friends...go to ebay and buy it local...why buy from overseas???
Thanks
Great contribution for your first post!!!! So who do you work for then hey?????
Auflyer is offline Find More Posts by Auflyer
Old May 13, 2012, 08:09 PM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefedexguy View Post
Thanks
I did that already. Got two flights out of it and the PCB crapped out.(it was reluctant to bind from the get go)

Didn't fly all that well either, although not as bad as some have suggested.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest