Old May 06, 2012, 10:52 PM
USA, CA, Livermore
Joined May 2010
439 Posts
Trader Rating: 46
Discussion
Sounds Fishy....

RCSwitz18 is offline Find More Posts by RCSwitz18
Last edited by RCSwitz18; May 09, 2012 at 09:28 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2012, 11:14 PM
Krued Up
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Jul 2004
4,528 Posts
Trader Rating: 361
I would not take a chance but thats me
snolord1 is offline Find More Posts by snolord1
Old May 06, 2012, 11:39 PM
Jim-town Tn
United States, TN, Jamestown
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
My name is Tom I listed the T-REX I live in jamestown Tn. I started flying last fall and always wanted a helicopter. I bought the TREX with the plains to fly. started going to the local flying field in hopes of flying. got more interested in planes and bought 3 which operate on 2.4 The radio for the trex is a JR 72 mhz which will not work with my planes. it has set on the table since I bought the planes. Was hoping to sell or trade so I might end up with a DX7 or DX8 for my planes. This add is legit would be glad to send Ph. by pm
Tom
saltpepper is offline Find More Posts by saltpepper
Old May 06, 2012, 11:58 PM
Joined Feb 2009
140 Posts
Trader Rating: 29
I dont know, I think it sounds like a guy trying to get rid of something he doesnt need, to get something he does need. I have been told I am too trusting though.

I sold a heli for $150 less than I should have just to get the money I needed for another project. Lots of guys passed up my heli because they thought it was fishy. One guy got a great deal, and I got what I needed. it was a win/win situation.
johndamet is offline Find More Posts by johndamet
Old May 07, 2012, 12:26 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
While salt can be perfectly legit, quite honestly with the amount of rip offs I've seen here within the last few months alone, I would proceed with caution.

Ask for more pix (username next to items), ask for references (other sites where seller has ratings), anything that would substantiate seller.

just mho...
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old May 07, 2012, 01:58 AM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
Trader Rating: 70
I'm about 30 miles away, If Tom ever gets this way and wants to mail it from here I can attest to it getting shipped. I be more suspicious of this 9 year member's 0 feedback ad, says Exquisite Condition and I see a dirty chrome peeling old non S model tx.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1647137
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
Last edited by keyman923; May 07, 2012 at 02:34 AM.
Old May 07, 2012, 09:14 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,811 Posts
Trader Rating: 65
I like the way Tom's talking,so far..I had to start new also,and I thought the right thing to do was ask how to do it..Some of the veterans showed me the ropes,and now at only 5 pos.trader ratings (100%),I talk to the buyer or seller immediately.RIGHT NOW!
I'm not suspicious of a new thread....I go right to the source.I don't like raising questions like this....Have you talked to him ? You seem a little antsy,for maybe no reason. Check it out. A low trader rating doesn't mean anything to me.Read the TR's before you buy,if you can.....if not-Communicate..
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2012, 11:41 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSwitz18 View Post
Hi guys,
I recently ran into this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1647816

You get a complete RTF TREX 450SE with a JR Radio......
For only 250. It also comes with spare blades, tons of parts.... ie
check it out, tell me if this is legit This guy JUST joined and has no post no trader rating
A differing opinion....

Sometimes it seems we are a fickle group. If someone posts a thread and has the price to high, they get hit with the price comments. If they price is reasonable or low, they get second guessed. Yes, we've had our fair share of bad apples that make people cautious, I realize that. As far as feedback, we've had people here with good feedback that have been on here a while still pull stuff on people.

We all started with zero.

While this isn't one of those threads that is calling people scammers, frauds etc, I can't help but wonder why you didn't reach out to the seller first before starting this post. Seems that might have been another way to go no? See how responsive they are, willing to give phone number or meet in person, or explain in greater detail what they have and why they have priced the item the way they did. Then if something seems off, post up a thread and ask others for input. I'm glad to see the buyer showed up and provided some feedback on their sale.

Common sense, good communications, and the use of PP (NOT GIFT) normally precludes one from getting shafted. Of course nothing is perfect, and there's always the possibility of getting a raw deal.

Don't know enough about choppers to know if this is a great deal or not, but anything that's used and involves older tech (72 mhz) normally goes for much less than retail.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old May 07, 2012, 11:59 AM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post

Don't know enough about choppers to know if this is a great deal or not, but anything that's used and involves older tech (72 mhz) normally goes for much less than retail.
I last sold what looks to be the same JR Tx (xp 6102) for $50 to just move it. The buyer took it and converted it to 2.4.
Old May 07, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,811 Posts
And another thing....I treat the classifieds just like a newspaper....there, you call in ,place an ad,and you may never have placed one before,and maybe never again.
Same thing here,except we have TR's to check against.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2012, 03:25 PM
Team Performance Plus RC
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
189 Posts
Trader Rating: 83
Completely Legit, and not really the deal of the century either. Yes it is an Align 450 older sport version, most likely been crashed because none of these goes more than a few flights without crashing somehow. This is a very fair price on a used heli and FM radio IMHO. Parts only addup to about $25-30 bucks, Radio another $50-60 and the heli should sell for arould $150 by itself. Pretty close to going rate if you do your homework.
I agree with the above post about why post a thread like this and not just PM the seller and ask for more info or a phone number to talk to him.
1 more for the Igor list...
Just my 2c
Mahu is online now Find More Posts by Mahu
Old May 07, 2012, 04:28 PM
United States, SD, Sioux Falls
Joined Jun 2011
89 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Tom-

Best of luck with your sale. I too am new to RC groups and have had a few great experiences "buying" items where I chose to purchase items from sellers that seem to be able to give me a little feedback on being a great buyer....my first "item" offered was a very small freebie. I know I have a few other items that I'll offer up here in the future....but it is sometimes difficult to break into the sales side...especially when the item has considerable value and the recent run of deadbeat sellers. You did the right thing in response as to offering to PM the buyer your #. I'd be doing the same exact thing. Give the buyer a tracking # and the only fear the buyer has is whether you listed your item per the actual condition.

As for me.....if this was my sale, I'd surely hope a buyer would come to me first with a PM on the item. I'd gladly take another photo or two with today's newspaper if they are that skiddish....or even do a skype video chat if need be. If it is a phone call...so be it....As others have said....give the seller a chance.

Good luck with your sale!

Steve
dragonsm is offline Find More Posts by dragonsm
Old May 07, 2012, 06:02 PM
USA, CA, Livermore
Joined May 2010
439 Posts
Trader Rating: 46
RCSwitz18 is offline Find More Posts by RCSwitz18
Last edited by RCSwitz18; May 09, 2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old May 07, 2012, 06:16 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSwitz18 View Post
So now its bad that I made this thread instead of PMing him? I bet if I PM'd someone who was going to scam me, he would say he was legit...
I dont know, the seller (who may or may not be legit) against a whole community.

I didnt even do anything bad. I didnt accuse him of anything. Im not calling him out. I just thought to see what you guys think of it, if it was good deal or not....

Just my 2 cents!
~Switz
I'd say,next time check him out yourself.Are you interested in buying a deal like that? Communication is paramount.You could have had a terrific deal if you wanted it.If he had given you the same answer he posted here,you could have saved us some time.
What you say here can have an effect on a seller.especially when he's just starting out.Of course you don't ask him if he's a crook.....you just PM ,EM or phone him,and follow your gut...he can't make you buy anything.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2012, 06:41 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Although I see both sides of the coin, Quite honestly, I find nothing wrong with the post. It's better to be safe than sorry...and like I've said, too many shady sellers here lately, so post does have merit. Anyhow, If the seller has nothing to hide, it wouldn't and shouldn't bother him...as in this case. It's the guys that starts getting defensive that I'd be worried about.
Closed Thread