Old May 21, 2012, 10:46 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocEnd View Post
I'm in were is IT
He said a matter of weeks 6 days ago. Personally, I wouldn't expect to see it before July. Production takes time to get going. The only complication Scott mentioned was the color match needed to be addressed. So if that remains the only hiccup I would imagine we could be flying these sweethearts in July. Of course all this is speculation on my part and it could be delayed till Christmas or we could see it come to light next week. Who knows but I do know that I will be happy when it arrives.

Orion
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2012, 12:30 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,302 Posts
Hey Scott, is the weather still crap on your side of the pond? I see a lot of videos uploaded to youtube but nothing flying. Any new news on the DH-88? Something to keep the salivation factor up.

Orion
Old May 29, 2012, 01:00 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,281 Posts
would love for this to be available right now......
4s is a must. I need it to take my Deuces Wilds place! Smaller, fast, easier to transport, and only one battery.
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Jun 01, 2012, 12:53 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Mar 2012
336 Posts
I was just thinking about this thread, still a few weeks away??? Or are you holding out on us, so we get a surprise??
Spudz27 is offline Find More Posts by Spudz27
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:41 AM
Jimmy
United States, NJ, Highland Lakes
Joined Oct 2008
760 Posts
Hammer back and ready to pull. Any news yet.
Jimmy1159 is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy1159
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:18 AM
Australia, QLD, Oxenford
Joined Oct 2010
2,161 Posts
thought you might like to see this.
Just came up on the Facebook page!!

LURCH
taz101 is online now Find More Posts by taz101
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:27 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz101 View Post
thought you might like to see this.
Just came up on the Facebook page!!

LURCH
VERY COOL!

Thank you for sharing. However the red still does not match on the canopy. No big deal to me but I hope it doesn't post pone it longer. Good looking plane and hope to see some flight video soon.

Orion
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:30 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,281 Posts
Very nice!
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:20 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,680 Posts
every time i see this post get bump to the top . i click on it hoping to see that its in stock ,ooh well . nice to see a new pic . although it looks smaller than i thought .
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Jun 07, 2012, 03:04 AM
How close are those trees?
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
every time i see this post get bump to the top . i click on it hoping to see that its in stock ,ooh well . nice to see a new pic . although it looks smaller than i thought .
Yeah I was hoping the guy in the picture was like a 7ft giant!!
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
Old Jun 07, 2012, 07:37 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,302 Posts
Well it is an 1100mm/43.31" wingspan plane. It is the same size as all the rest of Duraflys stuff. The airframe isn't as bulky as some of the other Durafly planes and it is sans motors right now so she looks super slim. The guy holding it looks to be around 6' 4" tall judging by how tall he is over the cubical. In relation to other known airplanes it is smaller than the Parkzone Corsair but bigger than the Wildcat. I think this plane will make a great park flier and still show off at the fly field.

Orion

PS. I wonder if they will do one in Blue and Silver. That was a sporty color on this plane.
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:30 AM
<<x USMC
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Jun 2010
673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
PS. I wonder if they will do one in Blue and Silver. That was a sporty color on this plane.

The "Boomerang" that would be nice!!! Here is a reference color scheme from a scale non RC model: http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.co...-Stern/00.shtm if anyone out there with the time/skills wants to take on this project be sure to post some pics!!

Regarding size...yeah, the shot perspective and angle makes it look small, the closest plane I have to this wingspan size is my PZ P-47 so I just keep reminding myself that it's gonna be that size.
r0beert0 is offline Find More Posts by r0beert0
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV + McLaren P1 = HELLA FUN
Old Jun 07, 2012, 01:45 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
Well it is an 1100mm/43.31" wingspan plane. It is the same size as all the rest of Duraflys stuff. The airframe isn't as bulky as some of the other Durafly planes and it is sans motors right now so she looks super slim. The guy holding it looks to be around 6' 4" tall judging by how tall he is over the cubical. In relation to other known airplanes it is smaller than the Parkzone Corsair but bigger than the Wildcat. I think this plane will make a great park flier and still show off at the fly field.

Orion

that is a nice size . i guess the pic is decieving, my birthday is next month so i hope its out by then . or one of the other planes HK has coming out like, there edf glider, i belive its called the zephar. or one of there reno racers .although ther reno racers are said to be 30inch ws
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Jun 07, 2012, 02:38 PM
United Kingdom, Cnwll
Joined Apr 2010
199 Posts
as a recent(ish) convert to the hobby I don't own a Durafly plane yet.... Vampire = I don't do EDF's, Lancaster = too many motors and solder to bugger up...

But I'm sooooooooooooo getting this. Love the DH88! Perfect size, and looks really well done.

Now if the late mark Spitfire rumours are true, and the Sea Vixen as well (yup, I don't do EDF's... but I would for a Vixen ) that'll be three of 'em
lordmureth is offline Find More Posts by lordmureth
Old Jun 16, 2012, 02:27 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Mar 2012
336 Posts
still no word?
Spudz27 is offline Find More Posts by Spudz27