HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2012, 07:04 AM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Shawnee, Kansas
Joined Nov 2002
1,125 Posts
Discussion
Club Contest - Saturday May 19th

Somehow I screwed up and we didn't attempt to have a club contest last month, but this month will be different. This coming Saturday, the 12th, is the second Saturday of the month, which is our typical scheduled club contest day, but a few members can't be there, so we are scheduling it for May 19th. We will be at the Edgerton field, (Don's), unless you hear different.

Contest fee will be $5 for non-members. Club contest fees are included in the membership dues this year, so if you are a club member, you have already paid your entry fee.

Lets do a pilots meeting at 9:30 and since this is a Masters Year we should fly 12 minute rounds with a point per inch tape. (100 points max). We will fly Man on Man with random seeding as determined by the CD, (me). Scores to be normalized to 1100 points max per round. (Flight times normalized to 1000 plus the landing score).

We should try to have at least 3 winches set up, but 4 would be better. So club members please bring your equipment, including landing tapes.

Since this is our first contest and hopefully Rex can make it out for what could be his last time flying with us, we will have lunch provided as well. (No additional fee.)

Thanks,
Mark
mdennis is offline Find More Posts by mdennis
Last edited by mdennis; May 06, 2012 at 10:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2012, 08:16 AM
United States, KS, De Soto
Joined Aug 2004
742 Posts
I can be there that weekend
jfrickie is offline Find More Posts by jfrickie
Last edited by jfrickie; May 07, 2012 at 06:04 AM.
Old May 06, 2012, 10:48 AM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Shawnee, Kansas
Joined Nov 2002
1,125 Posts
I goofed up again already. Several guys can't be there on the 12th, so we agreed to move it to the 19th. I just forgot we had talked about moving it.

I corrected the original post. Sorry for the mix-up

Mark
Old May 06, 2012, 11:02 AM
Castle's Chaos Corner
Olathe, KS (next to the Castle)
Joined Jun 2001
1,649 Posts
I would like to propose we do a few rounds of 3 or 5 minute international duration and besides our normal fancy winners certificates we land for quarters or dollars or some sort of immediate reward for a good landing. I don't think I am speaking just form myself, but speaking for myself, what I need is landing practice, much more than I need finding enough lift for 12 minutes. A club contest would be a fun way to get landing practice and the practice focusing I need in the landing area. For me, in my ongoing quest to become the best glider guider in the Whole Wide World by the end of this flying season if not by August, it is landings all the way down. Those that say I am only in it for the money are spreading vile rumors in a attempt to besmirch my good name.

Bernie
Bernie Wolfard is offline Find More Posts by Bernie Wolfard
Old May 06, 2012, 11:25 AM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Shawnee, Kansas
Joined Nov 2002
1,125 Posts
I hate it when I get besmirched first thing in the morning, but....

Not to besmirch your good name, but for a guy not in it for the money, you want to have a landing contest for money

Maybe we can start the day out and finish the day with a 3 min then a 5 minuite round or something like that. You aren't the only one that needs landing practice, so we should work on a format that allows for some practice some way. Maybe a bungee (or short high start) launch instead of the winch. I am open to suggestions and we have a couple of weeks.

Mark
Old May 06, 2012, 07:54 PM
United States, KS, De Soto
Joined Aug 2004
742 Posts
How about the Rusty Shaw foremat??...Launch, land...chug a beer.. repeat for 4 rounds.

At the end of the contest... who cares who won : )
jfrickie is offline Find More Posts by jfrickie
Old May 09, 2012, 04:07 PM
Castle's Chaos Corner
Olathe, KS (next to the Castle)
Joined Jun 2001
1,649 Posts
The only reason for money was to keep my A.D.D. in check and maybe get me to focus on landing instead of the state of the world or wherever else my head seems to head off to when trying to land. For money I would only wind up giving to Mr. Frickie anyway, beer or not.

And lets keep this besmirching down before it gets out of hand.
Bernie Wolfard is offline Find More Posts by Bernie Wolfard