Old May 05, 2012, 04:05 PM
Pants Up, Don't Loot!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,770 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
Discussion
For the LPU haters

I've had a model for sale for about a month - just relisted it: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1646678

In the previous ad, I put "LPU" in the title, but in the write up I had this statement:
Quote:
Will ship if buyer pays ALL costs and assumes ALL risk of shipping a delicate built airframe. This means I will take it to a pack and ship store and you will pay the store.
It's a great deal at a great price and I've had numerous PMs about it and a bunch of "Wish I was closer"s, but not one "I'll take it and pay for shipping" not even a nibble.

The current ad does not have LPU in the title and I'm getting even more replies and PMs. So why doesn't anyone step up and take this thing? It's because they know how much it will cost to ship it. What the LPU whiners want is for you to ship it for the same price as LPU - it's that simple

Rant off
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
Last edited by Park_Flyer; May 08, 2012 at 07:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2012, 04:08 PM
Krued Up
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Jul 2004
4,559 Posts
Trader Rating: 363
I hear ya and it does suck sometimes but it is what it is...good luck on the sale
snolord1 is offline Find More Posts by snolord1
Old May 05, 2012, 07:02 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
9,189 Posts
Trader Rating: 68
I had a kit for sale,for $ 200 shipped,and the potential buyer wanted to know what the shipping was,so he'd know what I wanted for the kit..Scroo dat ! I pulled it and sold it locally for the original deuce..What's up with people? I figured a rare kit,that got his attention,would have been an easy sell.
Now,I include shpg,ins,and signature in the price,take it or leave it.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wheeling and dealing..
Old May 05, 2012, 07:15 PM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2010
69 Posts
Trader Rating: 184
Well...if you really want to sell this plane to someone that is NOT local, then you need to do a little homework. Get the box dimensions and a shipping weight. Then with the origin and destination zip codes, it is very easy to get a shipping quote. What I have done in the past is first try to sell locally, and then find a box and determine how much it will cost to ship before listing it as a item I will ship.
JimG_AZ is offline Find More Posts by JimG_AZ
Old May 05, 2012, 07:49 PM
Pants Up, Don't Loot!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,770 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
Done my homework - around $85 to ship. Any takers?

Didn't think so.
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
Old May 05, 2012, 08:20 PM
The "K"minator
Frostbite Falls,MN
Joined Sep 2006
2,223 Posts
Trader Rating: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_Flyer View Post
Done my homework - around $85 to ship. Any takers?

Didn't think so.
Offer it with "Free delivery",then it will sell.
Crazy Eight is offline Find More Posts by Crazy Eight
Old May 05, 2012, 08:32 PM
United States, OH, Columbiana
Joined Apr 2012
49 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Eight View Post
Offer it with "Free delivery",then it will sell.
lol yup. if you wanted $100 lpu, ask $185 shipped. i think people hate paying for shipping because it's not a tangible item.
mlwartman is offline Find More Posts by mlwartman
Old May 05, 2012, 10:09 PM
I didn't have to use my AK
United States, NC, Etowah
Joined Nov 2007
365 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlwartman View Post
lol yup. if you wanted $100 lpu, ask $185 shipped. i think people hate paying for shipping because it's not a tangible item.

That is it exactly!
avoidingexpert is offline Find More Posts by avoidingexpert
Old May 05, 2012, 10:22 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
Trader Rating: 73
i can read the original post in the FS forum, so why the rant?

IMO, your ad was very clear which is probably the reason it's not getting too many takers to have it shipped.
bravo on your part.
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Old May 05, 2012, 10:56 PM
Joined Jan 2012
806 Posts
Trader Rating: 62
They don't have to buy it either.....free world man.....at least for today
Good luck with your sale.....but I do wish you were close...ha!
Pilot Fatigue is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Fatigue
Old May 05, 2012, 11:03 PM
Joined Jun 2010
44 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
Hi;
How about priceing it to "'ship' included in the price with a local pickup getting a discount?
EDFANMAN is offline Find More Posts by EDFANMAN
Old May 05, 2012, 11:52 PM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
I can't believe people think shipping shoudl be free. Seriously- someone will bring you an item TO YOUR DOOR from across the country or from another country... and for a tiny fraction of the cost for you to go there and get it yourself.
People need a reality check. Everyone is looking for something for nothing, though. I see it in my business all the time.
MGBGTRacer is offline Find More Posts by MGBGTRacer
Old May 06, 2012, 12:18 AM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
I read your ad and I liked it enough to mention it to my wife as a swell idea. I think it's the way to go. Sell them the plane and let them pay someone to pack it and ship and accept shipping risk. I say let them pay you and then let them pay the shipper themselves. I sold a plane once and realized that I couldn't get the tail feathers off without causing damage. I had to take it to a shipping place and actually had to help the guy pack the damn thing without breaking something. Cost me $35.00 to ship a $95.00 plane. Well, he was happy. No moreDave/ZZ
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old May 06, 2012, 02:58 AM
United States, OH, Columbiana
Joined Apr 2012
49 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGBGTRacer View Post
I can't believe people think shipping shoudl be free. Seriously- someone will bring you an item TO YOUR DOOR from across the country or from another country... and for a tiny fraction of the cost for you to go there and get it yourself.
People need a reality check. Everyone is looking for something for nothing, though. I see it in my business all the time.
this is true. shipping is a value. $40 to ship a 2000mm plane from hong kong in 5 days. some people do try to gouge on shipping though. like the people on ebay who charge $15 flat rate to ship and when it gets to you, you can see shipping cost them like $4.98 or something. or even $5 flat rate and it shows up in a padded envelope you KNOW cost them about $1.50 if they had to buy the envelope. but i think it's really an issue of perception. it's not a tangible item they can touch and show off to their friends, so it's hard for some people to see it as money well spent. that is, until you advertise LPU only... lol

i figure shipping into the cost of the goods. all my itemized cost lists are priced with shipping.

ETA: the times when shipping is really an issue for me is when it cost more to ship the item than i paid for it. i remember i bought a reverse-threaded nut for something or other once. the nut cost me $0.98 or something silly, but i got nailed for $4.99 in shipping...
mlwartman is offline Find More Posts by mlwartman
Old May 06, 2012, 03:35 AM
To build or fly today?
United States, AL, Gulf Shores
Joined Feb 2008
605 Posts
Trader Rating: 53
Love it. Great orriginal post, direct & to the point.
Doubledog is offline Find More Posts by Doubledog
Closed Thread