HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2012, 10:59 AM
Joined May 2012
1 Posts
Help!
need help / advice with my servo project

Hi, I'm new to RCGroups, and just bought a HXT500 servo for a model project.

Ive constructed a war machine model,
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1406341/IMG_2267war.jpg
and I'm trying to open the faceplate with servos.

I've had some success with the HXT500 using 6V battery pack, but I really need to use a second HXT500 to get it to work properly.

I was wondering if instead of using another 6V battery pack, whether I could use a 9V battery.? I was just worried that I might burn the motors out., or whether the 6v would be enough for both.?

please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Tim
t1wl3t is offline Find More Posts by t1wl3t
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2012, 05:20 AM
Portugal, Lisbon
Joined May 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1wl3t View Post
Hi, I'm new to RCGroups, and just bought a HXT500 servo for a model project.

Ive constructed a war machine model,
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1406341/IMG_2267war.jpg
and I'm trying to open the faceplate with servos.

I've had some success with the HXT500 using 6V battery pack, but I really need to use a second HXT500 to get it to work properly.

I was wondering if instead of using another 6V battery pack, whether I could use a 9V battery.? I was just worried that I might burn the motors out., or whether the 6v would be enough for both.?

please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Tim
In my opinion what counts there is the Current (amps) needed for the two HXT500 to work properly more than the voltage, although voltage is important in modern batteries (i.e. nimh, lithium) they don't drop too much with the discharge.

You can check some websites to see how batteries work to validate my point.

Another point you need to see is if you use a UBEC check the max current it can take, because it can probably be burned if 2 HXT500 are working on top of it. (burned a esc this way)

If you connected directly I don't think there will be a problem.

p.s. Nice model btw
MarvinPT is offline Find More Posts by MarvinPT