HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 04, 2012, 12:54 PM
I didn't have to use my AK
United States, NC, Etowah
Joined Nov 2007
365 Posts
Discussion
DX10T Owners Thread

Ordered from my LHS Today, Horizon has it in stock! Anybody else go for the tray?
avoidingexpert is offline Find More Posts by avoidingexpert
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2012, 01:03 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,480 Posts
If you got questions, I got answers (unless the question is only allowed a "neither confirm nor deny" answer).

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old May 04, 2012, 01:30 PM
Joined Nov 2007
365 Posts
OK I got mine because a buddy got his from over seas, Is there any differences between the 2? His did not have a neck strap, seems odd at the price point!
Old May 04, 2012, 02:04 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,480 Posts
Neck strap is not included. Most tray flyers already have one, and the preferences as you know tend to be religious in nature.

The only difference will be the output power level. Yours probably says US-247 in the bottom right corner on power-up, and his says EU-328. I'm not sure, but they might both be EU settings.

Everything else would be the same.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old May 04, 2012, 02:12 PM
Pennsylvania, USA
Joined Sep 2008
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avoidingexpert View Post
Ordered from my LHS Today, Horizon has it in stock! Anybody else go for the tray?
What "tray" are you talking about? I only see the shoulder strap arms that attach to the transmitter. Is there a tray made specifically for this transmitter?
crazy8s is offline Find More Posts by crazy8s
Old May 04, 2012, 02:20 PM
Joined Nov 2007
365 Posts
Sorry I was referring to It has a tray style radio!
Old May 04, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Nov 2007
365 Posts
Can you link a strap please? I must be searching the wrong term!
Old May 04, 2012, 02:52 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,480 Posts
DX10t harness.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...arness-SPM2860

I found this by going to the website www.horizonhobby.com then entering DX10t into the search bar. All the accessories for the radio are found by entering the radio's name.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old May 04, 2012, 08:54 PM
Joined May 2010
78 Posts
Should have mine this coming Friday as the LHS gets their delivery on thursday.
Been waiting a long time for this, but I am sure it is going to be well worth it.
My only problem now is I won't be able to play with it for a couple of weeks because of a special job for the government.
K5054 is offline Find More Posts by K5054
Old May 06, 2012, 10:12 PM
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jul 2009
115 Posts
I have got one. Received it last week. So far I am happy. Didn't get a chance to get into the programming in detail yet, but tried it on a few flights today. Will eventually be migrating my fleet one by one.

For me the ergonomics was one of the main factors. I use a JR 9303 with a tray which works great but becomes bulky and at least in my tray you still can't get the full tray feel where the hands can rest on the radio. Love the buttons on the controls.
Firefly T-67 is offline Find More Posts by Firefly T-67
Old May 07, 2012, 10:56 AM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
1,003 Posts
Got mine Friday, my thoughts are here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1334794&page=3

In short: Love the radio, want stronger springs, hate the docs, fortunately it's got one of the most intuitive programming systems I've ever seen in a radio and I've been flying RC for over 25 years with computer radios from Futaba, Airtronics and JR in that time.

Peter+
pvogel is offline Find More Posts by pvogel
Old May 12, 2012, 11:54 PM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
1,003 Posts
OK. Another great day of flying with the DX10t! Andy, I ran into a couple of oddities today:

1. Not at all sure what happened -- I flew, came back to the pits, turned off the radio (after the plane of course) and parked the plane. One of the turbine guys asked me to spot for him so I was away from my pit area for about 15-20 minutes. When I came back and got my plane ready to go up again, I turned on my radio and the active model memory had been completely reset, "Acro" instead of "Vanquish", no bind, etc. I'd been thinking about backing my model memory up to SD card but hadn't done it yet. Had to spend the next 1/2 hour getting things set back up.

2. Something is seriously amiss with autotrim (I've used this function before on some much older radios) -- after the field reconfigure in #1 above it was flying a little out of trim, I was having to hold in a *small* amount of up elevator for level flight -- this is a pattern plane so I have the trim steps set to 1 (tiny) so I figured this would be a perfect test for autotrim. Got it flying nice and level, hit the right stick switch that I'd configured for autotrim and the plane behaved like I was trying to perform a wall. It pitched nearly straight up and I spent the next three minutes using the traditional trim tab and holding in massive amounts of down elevator to keep it flying level. As I said, it was a *small* amount of up elevator that I was holding in when I hit the autotrim button and I released the elevator pressure and the stick switch immediately, it should not have autotrimmed that much elevator in! That really caught me by surprise and worked nothing like the autotrims I've used before.

Peter+

P.S. On an only marginally related note, I have had -zero- success getting a TM1000 to bind to anything (STi or DX10t) the RX goes into bind mode, but the orange light on the TM1000 doesn't start flashing until long after the DX10t has gone into main flight mode after completing the bind to the RX. The STi and the TM1000 don't bind either despite the flashing orange light on the TM1000. Using a DSMx 9ch Powersafe RX. I cannot wait until Horizon follows Graupner, Hitec, and Futaba to integrate the telemetry into the RX!
Old May 13, 2012, 12:14 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,480 Posts
PS - the PowerSafe receivers have to be bound in a special way. It's most easily accomplished using a bind plug on a Y in the TM1000-to-rx data cable. Start with that.

Now put a battery into one of the servo ports. This will put the TM1000 into bind mode.

Next, put the rx into bind mode in the normal way, using the PowerSafe input to power it.

Now would be a great time to put the STi into bind as well.

That should give you everything blinking. Then just select BIND on the tx and it should bind everything together.

NOTE: You have to bind the receiver when you bind the TM1000 and STI. The TM1000 and STi just listen to the TX/RX bind process and set themselves up accordingly.

Have you ever tried binding them all with a standard receiver?

2) Try auto-trim on the bench first to grasp how it works. It copies your stick positions (assuming they're within trim range) into the trims and they take effect IMMEDIATELY so you need to relax the sticks as soon as you do the trim. If you do it carefully on the bench, you'll see how it works better.

1) I had never heard that one. If the radio has trouble reading/writing memory, it tells you so.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old May 13, 2012, 01:51 PM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
1,003 Posts
Thanks Andy, I'll try that bind process!

On Autotrim, I did immediately relax the stick. The problem is that it stayed wanting to pitch severely up and I had to hold in a LOT of down elevator while pumping in down trim to get things back to normal. It seemed to copy a lot more up elevator than I expected.

On #1, The model had been setup and flown successfully for about 20 flights last weekend and this weekend before the issue occurred. The radio was getting a lot of interest at the field so I'm willing to believe the problem was caused by someone playing with the radio (though that would be unusual) while I was spotting for my turbine buddy.
Old May 13, 2012, 01:52 PM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
1,003 Posts
.. Accidental duplicate ..