HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2012, 09:58 PM
Joined Jul 2006
298 Posts
Discussion
A new way to "save" on health care...

Doctor talking on the radio today - The way they are saving money on healthcare... Don't pay the doctors for the first 3 months of the year. Their patients haven't coverred they Medicare/Medicaide deductibles...

And then the new proposal - Make Diabetes and Colesterol drugs over the counter. Then insurence won't have to cover them... Means that we will have more people self medicating (and not getting the medical oversight and getting sicker... Colesterol drugs affect you liver, so more liver damage...) Sounds like a way to save medical dollars - set up a plan where more will die and save us money...

One of those pass the bill so we could see it items???

And you thought the bill was so we could get better healthcare... From a federal govt. that is bleeding more red ink every day at an ever increasing rate... Meanwhile the President still golfs and goes on vacation...
kf2qd is offline Find More Posts by kf2qd
Old May 03, 2012, 10:38 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,815 Posts
I have an awesome idea.

How about everyone pays for their own flipping medical care.

Just because a drug or treatment method exists, doesn't mean you have some kind of right as a human being to receive it even if you can't afford it.
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Old May 04, 2012, 07:34 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA View Post
I have an awesome idea.

Just because a drug or treatment method exists, doesn't mean you have some kind of right as a human being to receive it even if you can't afford it.
Same thing for defense - yep agreed then!

You have your own nukes and everything
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old May 04, 2012, 07:54 AM
Now fortified with carbon
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,664 Posts
Quote:
I have an awesome idea.

Yea, And just tell them folks with AIDs to stay away from folks that are to well off to contract it.

Nope,sorry. The state of others health as far to important to ignore. Billions have been spent all around the world trying to keep you safe. How long do you think it would take to waste all that effort?
DLGjunkyard is offline Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard
Old May 04, 2012, 11:20 AM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,798 Posts
Insulin and other DM meds will never be OTC. To easy to slip someone several units of Humalog or Humalin R and watch them go to sleep forever.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old May 04, 2012, 12:47 PM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post
Insulin and other DM meds will never be OTC. To easy to slip someone several units of Humalog or Humalin R and watch them go to sleep forever.

It is already
me11owman is offline Find More Posts by me11owman
Old May 04, 2012, 12:52 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
Well, if doctors are not going to be paid for 3 months, then I am not getting sick in that period. I would not expect much from slave labor.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old May 04, 2012, 01:01 PM
Almost a Pilot
NorCal
Joined Oct 2001
3,757 Posts
Quote:
I have an awesome idea.

Is this really how you think the greatest nation on the planet should treat their citizens?

That would certainly make us unique.
Mauilvr is offline Find More Posts by Mauilvr
Old May 04, 2012, 01:05 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kf2qd View Post
And then the new proposal - Make Diabetes and Colesterol drugs over the counter. Then insurence won't have to cover them
Already happening. Depending on the state, one form of recombinant insulin (lantus) is now available over the counter.

Quote:
Means that we will have more people self medicating (and not getting the medical oversight and getting sicker
Insulin dependent diabetics already self medicate. Unless the doctor saw me daily, there would be no way around that.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old May 05, 2012, 10:13 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by me11owman View Post
It is already
Most ( all) Pharmacies require an initial rx for insulin. Then refills can be filled at anytime. They even will dispense a single dose without rx in an emergency.

But it is very well regulated. You can put someone in a coma or a coffin real fast with the stuff.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old May 08, 2012, 02:18 PM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post
Most ( all) Pharmacies require an initial rx for insulin. Then refills can be filled at anytime. They even will dispense a single dose without rx in an emergency.

But it is very well regulated. You can put someone in a coma or a coffin real fast with the stuff.
I walk up and buy my Humilin "N" and Humilin "R" at Wally's place for 28 bucks a vial ..................(it's about 80 bucks each at Walgreen's and such)

No questions asked

I haven't seen a Doctor for that in about 2 yrs...............can't afford the extra expense ...........just to be told to continue as you have been
me11owman is offline Find More Posts by me11owman