SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 03, 2012, 09:27 PM
United States, NY, Monroe
Joined May 2012
7 Posts
Question
Racing or GTG's in NY Metro or Tri-State Area

Interested in racing or relaxed get-togethers with other r/c moto enthusiasts in the NY, NJ or CT areas.

I have an electric SB-5.

Anyone else out there? Any ideas?

TV
btcca4 is offline Find More Posts by btcca4
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2012, 11:38 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,406 Posts
PM microDan http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=73701

and derbi75 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=48324

Both are out your neck of the woods, but forgive me if the distances are out, coming from little ol' ingurlend, the distances in the US are hard to comprehend sometimes
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old May 04, 2012, 06:39 AM
Joined May 2012
7 Posts
Thanks for the reply Jon,
Your internal GPS is working just fine! One is an hour north & the other is an hour south of where I live. I'll contact them & see what's up.
Cheers!
TV
Old May 04, 2012, 05:34 PM
Alexandria, VA (Washington DC)
Joined Jan 2007
365 Posts
Washington dc here.been solo for while now
poochy is offline Find More Posts by poochy
Old May 04, 2012, 05:45 PM
dammachines
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2004
1,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochy View Post
Washington dc here.been solo for while now
We had a small get together years ago at 301 Raceway in Brandywine. Not sure, but I don't think that track is around anymore... We had a couple guys from NC come up as well as a few from the NJ area (I think it was).

Dave
dmincin is online now Find More Posts by dmincin
Old May 04, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Jan 2007
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmincin View Post
We had a small get together years ago at 301 Raceway in Brandywine. Not sure, but I don't think that track is around anymore... We had a couple guys from NC come up as well as a few from the NJ area (I think it was).

Dave
great track for 1/5 bikes, the track is gone now, county dug it up..ran my bike there lots of time during lunch

lets set a date and run a race at Blue Diamond, maybe a saturday since they seem to race on sundays

or you can come to RCRNV.net (Manassas VA), smooth clean parking lot track

the eastcoast needs to get something going, this is ridiculous
Last edited by poochy; May 13, 2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old May 04, 2012, 06:48 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,306 Posts
Yes indeed ridiculous! I've been designing a few bikes in my head that I wanted to build. Now I'm thinking of building a shelf to put the current ones on.lol what shame it went downhill fast. Hope you guys get something going the bikes are a lot of fun.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old May 05, 2012, 12:20 AM
Joined May 2012
7 Posts
Man! Mid-Atlantic area is a bit far for me. I get down there once or twice a year for Tamiya TCS races, that's it. The Metro Tri-State area is a huge r/c market, but the last few years have seen a downturn in on-road racing & a huge upswing in off-road racing? The bikes are way too good a class to allow this to happen. The general public & other r/c racers really need to see these things in action to understand what they are capable of.
Old May 05, 2012, 01:29 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,406 Posts
Quote:
Your internal GPS is working just fine!
Thand lordy I have not lost my touch (too much) with the van driving/navigation skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcca4 View Post
The Metro Tri-State area is a huge r/c market, but the last few years have seen a downturn in on-road racing & a huge upswing in off-road racing? The bikes are way too good a class to allow this to happen. The general public & other r/c racers really need to see these things in action to understand what they are capable of.
Your problem (as ever, the world over) is getting converts. Car drivers on the whole can't cope with the fact that when you turn left, the front wheel goes right, never mind the trying to ride them. A bit of a blase statement but generally true unfortunately. The SoCal crew (Akura2, Torrance et al) have tried to convert the 1/5 car brigade but with little success.

Off road drivers seem even worse, they expect to go WOT over everything, then wonder why a bike cannot achieve that (it's called finesse, though they dont have that in their dictionary it seems from all the comments on Youtube I read).

This might seem like a slagging towards the car crew, which I don't intend, it's just that 95% seem to follow the stereotypical pattern. The enlightened ones end up going flying helis/planes and do not seem to gravitate long term to bikes (double shame). I'm not counting Mank01, Scary fast et al here though ( good lads )
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Last edited by Jonathan Bradbury; May 05, 2012 at 01:43 AM.
Old May 06, 2012, 10:14 PM
Joined May 2012
7 Posts
Spot on! There have to be more wanna-be Valentino Rossi's out there than my self? The appeal of r/c bike's for me is the "thrills without hospital bills" concept. (using a fellow members tagline) & the skill.

Done the heli thing.. Phenomenal amount of time & money in set-up & crashes, flying in perfect weather etc..
1:5 scale is probably the closest thing to owning Michael Schumachers F1 car, but there is nowhere to race them around here.
Electric touring & bikes are what I enjoy at the moment.

Having said that, I might have found a place??

http://www.jacksonrcracing.com/

A 100 clicks south of my house & about 150 clicks north of the DC area. Looks promising? Website says "5 make a class".

Does it look wide enough for bikes? I'll contact them. Going to a TCS race this summer.

TV
Old May 13, 2012, 11:08 AM
Joined Jan 2007
365 Posts
bike gtg at rcrnv sun 5/20

Fyi We may have 2 to 3 bikes gettng together at rcrnv.net in northern va nxt sunday....brng em out if u can join us
Last edited by poochy; May 13, 2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old May 13, 2012, 12:51 PM
dammachines
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2004
1,400 Posts
Quote:
Fyi We may have 2 to 3 bikes gettng together at rcrnv.netau.net in northern va nxt sunday....brng em out if u can join us
Looks like the website is down - or hasn't been setup correctly yet. Where in NoVa? I live in WV, but work in Sterling.

Dave
dmincin is online now Find More Posts by dmincin
Old May 13, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined Jan 2007
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmincin View Post
Looks like the website is down - or hasn't been setup correctly yet. Where in NoVa? I live in WV, but work in Sterling.

Dave
Sorry, just found out, the url name changed to rcrnv.net
Old Jun 07, 2012, 02:55 PM
Joined Feb 2005
29 Posts
Looks to me like it is sill down

Quote:
Sorry, just found out, the url name changed to rcrnv.net
jeff-fischer is offline Find More Posts by jeff-fischer
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:22 AM
Joined Jan 2007
365 Posts
JEFF! let me know when you wanna run some bikes!