HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2012, 07:12 PM
Joined Mar 2010
70 Posts
Discussion
Rapier Missile system for Olympics... your Funjet might become a target!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17943864

Fly safe!!!

Emiliano
London (UK)
Iboxx83 is offline Find More Posts by Iboxx83
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2012, 08:18 PM
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Dont know if you live near RAF northolt but I do and its been a lot more active recently. Chinooks flying today, and a bunch of typhoons flying yesterday as well as the usual police helicopter hovering in one spot at 100ft. An apache the day before that. This is a terrible place to fly fpv lol.

That missile system looks crazy but I guess they are suiting for a 9/11 style attack. If a plane gets hijacked and flys straght into the no fly zone you can gurantee that thing is going to kick off.

Does it detect RC planes too? lol
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
Old May 03, 2012, 08:23 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,963 Posts
I think they would hate to see a styro palne because their missile can do probably nothing against a r/c plane with video transmission other than scramble all the standard r/c frequencies and all the videos? . I`m not an expert on missile, but I doubt a radar would see it clearly and how the missile would be guide to the styro plane. Anyway I can not imagine shooting a missile inside a town, they should be desperate to do it
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old May 03, 2012, 08:33 PM
Joined Mar 2010
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRflyer View Post
I think they would hate to see a styro palne because their missile can do probably nothing against a r/c plane with video transmission other than scramble all the standard r/c frequencies and all the videos? . I`m not an expert on missile, but I doubt a radar would see it clearly and how the missile would be guide to the styro plane. Anyway I can not imagine shooting a missile inside a town, they should be desperate to do it
I don't think they would ever do that, the potential damage given by the missile is way higher than what a small epp airplane can do, even if it was a Skywalker filled up with C4 explosive
Iboxx83 is offline Find More Posts by Iboxx83