SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 05, 2012, 06:18 AM
Sweden, Västra Götaland, Partille
Joined May 2009
493 Posts
Thanks Ridgewalker!
Still not sure why the needed to put the Tx antenna like they did though.
So they get longer range but only in a small cone shaped area, pretty useless for a toy.

Tommy
jimjim06 is offline Find More Posts by jimjim06
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2012, 08:55 AM
Joined Jun 2012
108 Posts
You can get the SPY HAWK FPV suit from rc4y.com

Spy Hawk + Servos + Motor + Battery + ESC + Radio + transmitter and receiver + gyroscope + Propellers + OSD + Camera + Monitor +Memory Card

fly video

FPV Spy Hawk Auto Return to home Tests -- Teaser Video (1 min 49 sec)

Spy Hawk FPV - FirstPersonView.co.uk (8 min 9 sec)
RC4YFPV is offline Find More Posts by RC4YFPV
Last edited by RC4YFPV; Jul 07, 2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 11:55 AM
Sweden, Västra Götaland, Partille
Joined May 2009
493 Posts
Last but not the least problem I see with this design is:
WHY PUT THE CAMERA IN THE NOSE, AT THE BOTTOM OF THE NOSE AS WELL?
What stupid designer would do that?
I´m staying clear of this one, its stupid on too many levels.

Tommy
jimjim06 is offline Find More Posts by jimjim06
Old Jul 17, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Mar 2010
20 Posts
The New Spyhawk version 3 has arrived... with disconnectable stabiliser.
If you want one, please let me know. PM only.
alexvarlet is offline Find More Posts by alexvarlet
Old Jul 17, 2012, 09:12 AM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jan 2011
225 Posts
No thanks for me
I have received the first version after french dealer got the version 2
And the screen radio don't work
and mode 2 in software only
And no answer to mail for help
sdaudet is offline Find More Posts by sdaudet
Old Jul 17, 2012, 09:45 AM
Joined Mar 2010
20 Posts
I am sorry you had such problem.

For sure you did not buy from me... I always have the latest version, and I assume repare of faulty products....

Everybody can have a faulty product, it can happened.
But Hubsan are good guys and they assume the backup ; They never let me down as a dealer, as I never let my customer down... it must be your dealer that is not serious.

Anyway, if you want help to fix your plane, I could help.
Please send me a private message, in English or in French...

P.S: (mode 2 must be set in the software, and you must also open the remote to change the spring side...)
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:04 PM
LSF 004 - AMA 5055
United States, CA, Saratoga
Joined Dec 2000
589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvarlet View Post
I am sorry you had such problem.

For sure you did not buy from me... I always have the latest version, and I assume repare of faulty products....

Everybody can have a faulty product, it can happened.
But Hubsan are good guys and they assume the backup ; They never let me down as a dealer, as I never let my customer down... it must be your dealer that is not serious.

Anyway, if you want help to fix your plane, I could help.
Please send me a private message, in English or in French...

P.S: (mode 2 must be set in the software, and you must also open the remote to change the spring side...)
Alex,

You talk about return to home . . . never lose a plane again, etc. Does this mean that you can shut the transmitter off and the aircraft will come back to the launch site, but at a higher altitude? Also Husban shows an optional GPS module. Is this needed for the return to home capability? If so, what is the additional cost and do you stock it? If not, what is it needed for?

Bob
bobandris is offline Find More Posts by bobandris
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:17 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandris View Post
Alex,

You talk about return to home . . . never lose a plane again, etc. Does this mean that you can shut the transmitter off and the aircraft will come back to the launch site, but at a higher altitude? Also Husban shows an optional GPS module. Is this needed for the return to home capability? If so, what is the additional cost and do you stock it? If not, what is it needed for?

Bob
The RTH will be an additional module to the SpyHawk. Not sure if it's available yet.

I just ordered one from Alex and plan on making some changes to the vrx. The plan is to remove the bi-quad antenna and add a sma female connection. I've been testing NGHobbies wide band pre amp on my 1.2 setup. It is powered from a 3s lipo and is inserted between the vrx and antenna. I'll attach this to the sma female and a 5.8 cp antenna on the other end. This will increase the gain on the antenna and increase range/image quality. I've tested it on 1.2 and it does work. It also works on 5.8. I'll look into putting a CP antenna on the plane also. I'll be using video googles, which will plug into the bottom of the tx..

NGHobbies Wide Band Pre-amp test (1 min 39 sec)

Brian.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Mar 2010
20 Posts
Hi Bob,

I am not 100% sure as I have not tested the plane yet with RTH....
Actually, the RTH is not ready, and will not for a while as Hubsan do have difficulties finalising it..
But yes, as far as I was told, the RTH will be coupled with a fail safe that would then return your plane if the remote is switched off.
I will have a word with them to double check and confirm.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:29 PM
Trying to learn.
Moscow, Russia
Joined Jun 2010
181 Posts
Anyone have experience interfacing with standalone camera-recorder module?
Received one as spare just to play with. Want to know pinout and signals..
Could you please describe (or even better show with pictures), which wire goes where from recorder PCB?

I successfully found power pins, but was unlucky with recording control and video out pin..
leprud is offline Find More Posts by leprud
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:21 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,526 Posts
Alex, I received the SpyHawk today. Hope to get out tonight if the winds die down some. I'm using a 2s 1000mah bat for the tx but have a 2s 2100 that needs a jst connecter put on it. I tried the video jack in the bottom of the tx. It's the one thats pink. My jack fit but I have a stereo jack so both audio, video and ground. They didn't align up but if I wiggled it some, I could get a blurry image. Any idea what type of jack it is? Just video and ground or an audio channel also? A pin layout would be helpful. BTW, how do you turn the stabilization off?

Update: To turn stabilization off/on, press the EXIT button. To start/stop recording, press the ENTER button.
Last edited by Buffythesaint; Aug 02, 2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,526 Posts
I had two flights tonight and it went well. Video reception was good and it was a breeze to fly. I forgot to stop recording on my second flight and when I unplugged, it didn't save the video. I was able to get my googles to work when I got home. The jack is just video and ground, no audio. I used my lawmate vrx video cable and plugged it in. I had to attach my video to the audio cable to get it to work, therefore no audio, just video and ground. It's a 3.5mm jack. Next will be add a CP antenna to the vrx so I don't need to always point the tx at the plane.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:49 AM
Joined Mar 2010
20 Posts
Hi Brian,

Sorry for late reply.
I see that you worked the video output anyway in a sec....

Anyway, please let usknow when you tested the wide band pre-amp. I am curious to hear about the result.
Also, please send me the link of the page where you found it, I cannot find it on NGHobby website. (strangely!)
Thanks,
Alex
Old Aug 10, 2012, 07:10 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvarlet View Post
Hi Brian,

Sorry for late reply.
I see that you worked the video output anyway in a sec....

Anyway, please let usknow when you tested the wide band pre-amp. I am curious to hear about the result.
Also, please send me the link of the page where you found it, I cannot find it on NGHobby website. (strangely!)
Thanks,
Alex
I had a couple of flights the other night and on the second flight I flew it with the googles. It was a bit windy but it went well. keeping the tx pointed at the plane was difficult but I got used to it. The CP antenna would definatly help without having to point. I rplaced the elevator and rudder push rods with some threaded 2-56 rod. Much better response on the elevator. I also noticed, when the stabilization is on, they have two mixes built in. Left airleron, you get some left rudder and vice versa. When you give left and right rudder, you get some up elevator. These mixes don't work in manual mode.

Zoltan has not put the pre-amp on his website. I was given one to test but if you drop him a message, I'm sure he will have one for sale. I'm off this week, so I'll give the antenna mod a try. I'll do the vrx first, as it will be the easiest. Not sure how well the signal will be because of the linear polorization of the vtx and the circular polorization of the vrx. Is it possible to remove the vtx module? looks like I need to remove the main board and then the vtx.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:28 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,526 Posts
I went and modded the vrx with a 5.8 cp antenna. I first cut the antenna cable, just below the bi-quad antenna. I attached a sma female connector but it came off after moving it around. The stock cable is not the best, with a small diameter. I removed the cable from the vrx itself and added a longer cable using RG174. So far it all works. Next will be a test flight to test video reception without having to point the tx at the plane.