SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 03, 2012, 02:31 PM
Joined Apr 2012
1 Posts
Discussion
ESC beginners questions

Hi all,

I'm thinking about making my own ESC. I've been reading a lot on the forum and on the net but I couldn't quite figure the answers to some of my questions, so here I go with my first post:

I have read a lot about the differences of trapezoidal and sinusoidal back emf motors. As I understand this originates from the different mechanical construction of the two types.

First question: when I take a random motor, one which is typically used for rc hobby, how can I determine if it is trapezoidal or sinusoidal? Looking at the mechanical build I would guess it is trapezoidal, but when I give it a quick turn, let's say 300 rpm and I look at the image on the scope it looks sinusoidal.

Second question: which type is most common in rc?

thanks in advance,
Jef
Jef Patat is offline Find More Posts by Jef Patat
to remove ads between posts