SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 03, 2012, 09:23 AM
GSP
Joined May 2009
31 Posts
Discussion
BH Pitts Hybrid ?

I have just sent in my order for the F4U corsair w/folding wings and waiting to see how that shipment turns out before I order anything else . I love Bi-planes and saw the Pitts Hybrid with 63" wing span . Has anyone ordered one of these , and if so could you tell me the pros and cons of the this Pitts .

Jeff
GSP is offline Find More Posts by GSP
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2012, 12:17 PM
United States, TN, White House
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
If you look in the 3D foamie section you can find out all you need to know about this bird. I haven't flown mine yet because I just finished building it just this morning but the instructions are useless. All in all it was not that bad. I can't wait to fly it because it is a beautiful plane. My Corsair is still in the box so you and I both should be building those at the same time. Any way you cut it you can't beat it for the price. So order it.
soopertrucker is offline Find More Posts by soopertrucker
Old May 03, 2012, 01:58 PM
GSP
Joined May 2009
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soopertrucker View Post
If you look in the 3D foamie section you can find out all you need to know about this bird. I haven't flown mine yet because I just finished building it just this morning but the instructions are useless. All in all it was not that bad. I can't wait to fly it because it is a beautiful plane. My Corsair is still in the box so you and I both should be building those at the same time. Any way you cut it you can't beat it for the price. So order it.
Thanks for the info soopert. I saw the Pitts last night and liked the look of it . So I guess I will order it . Just wished they could get the instructions for some of these aircraft right . Well after these two planes I am going to order the B-25 mitchel 79" W. span for a winter project . I might be giving you a shout if I have any questions on the Pitt build when I get it .

Jeff
Old May 07, 2012, 08:28 PM
Joined Dec 2010
13 Posts
Flys great

I have one and I fly it with a Value Hobby 4000mah 20c 6s battery, I get about 6 min flying time. I have over 30 flights on it. It has plenty of power and unlimited vertical at full throttle. I'm not very good at 3d, but it will do it if you know how. It takes off in about 10 ft on grass and is easy to slow down and 3 pt land. It will cruise around on half throttle for about 8 min. Rolls on a dime, knife edges great, looks awesome on low, close in flybys. Only problem is there is no Banana Hobby support. My friend has one and crashed on the first flight breaking the prop. I ordered and paid for a new Prop Assembly back in December and still have not received it. Many hours were spent on emails, and Chat and I kept getting the run around. I have given up on it and tried putting a standard 17x8 prop on it. Hasn't flown yet. I will never ever buy any product from Banana Hobby again so unless another vendor sells this, I would pass.

John R
jrflyboyvp2 is offline Find More Posts by jrflyboyvp2
Old May 13, 2012, 06:15 AM
GSP
Joined May 2009
31 Posts
Well I ordered the F4U by snail mail and it will be here this Tuesday . I ordered the Pitts Hybrid by paypal and recieved it Friday . I will start to put it together on Monday . Below is the pic of the Pitts .

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/sl...NAME=snapfish/