HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 19, 2012, 05:45 PM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
You know you want to

I'm not sure but I think this is a V2 one with video out for fpv too
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2012, 06:38 PM
Registered User
carr52's Avatar
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
I just bought a different version, the 808 #11 this thing has some of the clearest video I've seen on a small camera. And like Aiefly said put it on your hat and your in buisness. Got it on ebay. I'm happy with it.

Tom
carr52 is online now Find More Posts by carr52
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:38 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
KamikazePilot's Avatar
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,354 Posts
The #16 is what I use for my vids, like it way more than the dice cam.
On a side note I fried both my esc and motor on Pitts #1. Didn't even get any flights on it this morning. Real strange, plugged the batt in and saw smoke coming from the motor. Went ahead and ordered a replacement.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:18 PM
Diverted by planks
tracknoob's Avatar
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeolien View Post
Let me know how that one flies track. I'm looking for something in that size range to add to the fleet.
Okay, she is all together, and ready for maiden! Flight report tomorrow.

Pics here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=42
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:24 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
The #16 is what I use for my vids, like it way more than the dice cam.
On a side note I fried both my esc and motor on Pitts #1. Didn't even get any flights on it this morning. Real strange, plugged the batt in and saw smoke coming from the motor. Went ahead and ordered a replacement.
Doh that's a bummer. Should always have an extra on hand. Lol. Can't be without a piitts flying hehe
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:01 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
KamikazePilot's Avatar
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,354 Posts
Yeah the extra one I had on hand went into another Pitts. No matters I got Pitts #2, the Yak and Slick to keep me flying. Got my tracking number already for the two motor sets I ordered. At 2am no less, man Brad and gang are relentless when it comes to customer service.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:16 AM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
Yeah the extra one I had on hand went into another Pitts. No matters I got Pitts #2, the Yak and Slick to keep me flying. Got my tracking number already for the two motor sets I ordered. At 2am no less, man Brad and gang are relentless when it comes to customer service.
They live in the office because they know if they do crazy people like us keep ordering stuff. and amazing customer service keeps making us order stuff.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:03 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
36 Posts
well finally flew it for a few minutes this morning and it flies great, no wonder I've had a hard time liking 3d this makes it easy, my final weight was 9 ounces with battery, but my setup is just enough to hover at wide open throttle, I'm going to try a smaller prop this afternoon I was using a 9x5 prop. I'm going to check the battery to see if im gettin enough amps, that could be my problem, I'm pretty happy with it though, I think this will definately make 3d fun to learn for sure!
captainhampton is offline Find More Posts by captainhampton
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:10 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
9oz seems a tad heavy for this plane it should fly ok though. It should hover at way less then wide open throttle though. I think mine will hover at just above half. What motor esc battery combo are you running on there?

Glad you like it. It really is a fun flying airplane. I can't get enough flights in on mine to satisfy my craving for more. Lol.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:42 PM
Extremely Twisted
cwojcik's Avatar
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhampton View Post
well finally flew it for a few minutes this morning and it flies great, no wonder I've had a hard time liking 3d this makes it easy, my final weight was 9 ounces with battery, but my setup is just enough to hover at wide open throttle, I'm going to try a smaller prop this afternoon I was using a 9x5 prop. I'm going to check the battery to see if im gettin enough amps, that could be my problem, I'm pretty happy with it though, I think this will definately make 3d fun to learn for sure!
What's your setup? 9 oz is pretty heavy but this plane has enough area to handle that and fly well. You should easily be able to hover at well under full throttle even at that weight with the right setup.
cwojcik is online now Find More Posts by cwojcik
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:30 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
36 Posts
my planes always come out heavy it seams, i didn't install the recomended motor since I already had a different one, ive only flew it for about one minute so far
Its a hobbyking s-line 2810-1700kv motor with a 12 amp esc, with a turnigy 9ge servo and two 5gram servos, with an orange 6ch rx, with 2s 370 mah nanotech 25c so only able to get 9amps from the battery really. using a 9x4.7 prop. I do have the landing gear on my plane as well
captainhampton is offline Find More Posts by captainhampton
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:37 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
36 Posts
just weighed it on our scale we measure chemicals with and it says 7.8-7.9 ounces so thats some better, what does ya'lls weigh with battery and all?
captainhampton is offline Find More Posts by captainhampton
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:29 PM
Extremely Twisted
cwojcik's Avatar
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,632 Posts
I think your battery is holding you back. If that motor is good (no guarantees there) the specs are right for 2S with an 8x4.3 or a 9x4.7. Get a good 450 mah pack and the plane will fly much better, assuming the motor and ESC are OK.
cwojcik is online now Find More Posts by cwojcik
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:47 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2006
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhampton View Post
my planes always come out heavy it seams, i didn't install the recomended motor since I already had a different one, ive only flew it for about one minute so far
Its a hobbyking s-line 2810-1700kv motor with a 12 amp esc, with a turnigy 9ge servo and two 5gram servos, with an orange 6ch rx, with 2s 370 mah nanotech 25c so only able to get 9amps from the battery really. using a 9x4.7 prop. I do have the landing gear on my plane as well
Have the same motor, but 1900kv. Using a 8x4.3 prop with a 2S 460. Lots of power. Also using a 3S 360 which provides huge power...Your motor at 1700kv will have slightly less punch than mine at 1900kv, however, still should be ample power with the correct set up.....
Nimbus Dave is offline Find More Posts by Nimbus Dave
Last edited by Nimbus Dave; Aug 20, 2012 at 09:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:51 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
36 Posts
the battery is the problem I just hooked up my 5000 2s pack i run in my habu 32, it holds the power fine with it, obviously to heavy to fly but atleast i could verify the battery not having enough amps. I'll be gettin some 460 2s packs and a 3s pack for fun
captainhampton is offline Find More Posts by captainhampton
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Twisted Hobbys - Telink 3D Buster EPP Bipe Build Thread, Flight Video just posted!!!! aerofundan 3D Foamies 573 Sep 24, 2014 08:32 AM
Cool Twisted Hobbys - 32" Crack Yak - Build Thread (Lots of new pics!) hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 6439 Sep 14, 2014 05:57 AM
Discussion Official-Twisted Hobbys Extra Slick 32" Slickinsaneness Build/Fly Thread Tom K. 3D Foamies 1322 Jun 09, 2014 03:13 AM
Wanted Twisted Hobbys - 32" Crack Yak Wanted Moparbob Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 32 Jul 10, 2012 06:36 PM
Sold Twisted Hobbies Crack Yak isenbed Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Apr 16, 2012 10:43 PM