HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:30 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
KamikazePilot's Avatar
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,486 Posts
Here's cdee's post

Below are some pics of my setup credit goes to cdee for the idea. The pics are a bit blurry but I think you'll get how it is. Like I said in an earlier post, the z-bend is on the bottom wing and quick link on the top wing.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:32 PM
Registered User
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Got it all finished up, of course the wind is too much right. Its okay gluing my new toy inside, a mQX.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:21 PM
Honeybadger don't care...
Luv3d's Avatar
United States, FL, Winter Park
Joined May 2010
1,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
Here's cdee's post

Below are some pics of my setup credit goes to cdee for the idea. The pics are a bit blurry but I think you'll get how it is. Like I said in an earlier post, the z-bend is on the bottom wing and quick link on the top wing.
Thanks- that makes perfect sense now. Nice!
Luv3d is online now Find More Posts by Luv3d
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:44 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
KamikazePilot's Avatar
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,486 Posts
Indy you're in for some real nice fun when the wind dies down. Been windy and melting brain cells hot here. I might have to get me a MQ just for these types of days.
Luv3d yeah once I saw how cdee did it in his post I knew that would be the route I would go. Much more easier to get things right that way.
I did get to fly Pitts #1 finally after getting the elevator repaired. Still flys like the first time I got her in the air. Spend more time with the Pitts than any other planes in my fleet.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:51 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
224 Posts
hey guys, quick question. When I crash this thing,can I get replacement connectors and such? Is there a place on twisted for like, control horns or anything?
CarbonFlite is offline Find More Posts by CarbonFlite
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 08:15 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
KamikazePilot's Avatar
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,486 Posts
TH has a hardware kit for it under the control horn link. They also have the quick links there too. I don't think you'll need it though. I have crashed mine so many times and all that has ever been needed was some welders to get it flying again. I keep welders in my flight box so the flying doesn't stop.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:58 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Hehe yeah you probably won't be needing replacement parts like that. It takes a beating.

I have an aileron not quite sitting right after a few cartwheels. I think I am going to need to snag some quick connects to put on the ailerons so I can adjust them. Just need to get to the LHS.

I may buy a light kit for this plane as well. Got to fly my slick for a handful of flights after the sun went down and that is fun fun in the dark.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 10:56 PM
Registered User
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
MAIDENED IT! Oh my God! This plane is amazing! Makes me look like a lot better pilot! The TH motor was what I wanted but it was out. Using a Turnigy motor and it is stuttering on startup. Replacing that once I check the connections.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:10 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Nice Matt congrats. It is so much fun to fly. I love mine and can't fly it enough.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:12 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
MAIDENED IT! Oh my God! This plane is amazing! Makes me look like a lot better pilot! The TH motor was what I wanted but it was out. Using a Turnigy motor and it is stuttering on startup. Replacing that once I check the connections.
You may want to try playing around with the timing setting on your ESC. I had to do that with mine to have it play nice with the TH Crack motor.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:34 PM
Registered User
carr52's Avatar
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,541 Posts
How do you adjust the timing on the esc?

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:47 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Most ESCs can be programmed via the transmitter, but you need the sheet the ESC came with to know what the sequence of beeps are.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:21 AM
Registered User
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
I didn't get the TH motor, wanted to but it was out of stock. I am using a Turnigy 2730-1500kv motor and it is stuttering. I have changed the start settings (normal, soft, extra soft) and timing settings (low, medium, high). I am going to check the solder joints.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:41 PM
Registered User
docbrew's Avatar
United States, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2012
186 Posts
Noob with a few questions. This is my first foamy and my first electric so bear with me.

Since the motor has been out of stock I've been looking at the rim fire 250. Will this be a good motor for this plane?

I'm not sure how to fix this but the directions recommended putting a thin layer of glue on the hinge so I did. I thought well if one side recommended the other side would be better. Umm...not really. Now my hinge joints are very tight and dont seem to want to move much even after flexing them quite a bit. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

I will say I'm very excited to get this bird in the air after reading this thread. I'm a decent park flier and this is my first 3Der. Heck prior to this summer the last time I flew an RC plan 3D flying wasn't heard of.
docbrew is offline Find More Posts by docbrew
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:48 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbrew View Post
Noob with a few questions. This is my first foamy and my first electric so bear with me.

Since the motor has been out of stock I've been looking at the rim fire 250. Will this be a good motor for this plane?

I'm not sure how to fix this but the directions recommended putting a thin layer of glue on the hinge so I did. I thought well if one side recommended the other side would be better. Umm...not really. Now my hinge joints are very tight and dont seem to want to move much even after flexing them quite a bit. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

I will say I'm very excited to get this bird in the air after reading this thread. I'm a decent park flier and this is my first 3Der. Heck prior to this summer the last time I flew an RC plan 3D flying wasn't heard of.
If you haven't put it together yet. Just take the hinges and fold them all back and lay a book on each one. Let them sit for a couple hours they will loosen up some. My father did the samew thing on his build and that solved it.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Official-Twisted Hobbys Extra Slick 32" Slickinsaneness Build/Fly Thread Tom K. 3D Foamies 1353 Dec 19, 2014 06:16 PM
Cool Twisted Hobbys - 32" Crack Yak - Build Thread (Lots of new pics!) hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 6490 Dec 14, 2014 12:02 PM
Build Log Twisted Hobbys - Telink 3D Buster EPP Bipe Build Thread, Flight Video just posted!!!! aerofundan 3D Foamies 573 Sep 24, 2014 09:32 AM
Wanted Twisted Hobbys - 32" Crack Yak Wanted Moparbob Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 32 Jul 10, 2012 07:36 PM
Sold Twisted Hobbies Crack Yak isenbed Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Apr 16, 2012 11:43 PM