HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:53 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
After going with gear on Pitts #2 I would have been better off without it. Just something more to rip off when I fly to close to pallets.

Yeah I've got a bag of popcorn waitin for a new vid from cdee.

lol... I was mostly just kinda joking... but with that said, I did have gear on, but since I fly over a grassy park, the gear did not fair well and was hard on the fuselage. However... if flying off a hard surface, I would definitely use the gear.
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:17 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,498 Posts
Yeah I'm with you on that cdee. If I was flying #2 saturday the carnage would have been worse. I'm sure the gear would have ripped the bottom of the pitts off. I was lucky I was flying #1 still haven't done a check flight after the repair. Heat and wind all this week. At least the a/c is finally fixed here at work.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:24 AM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
Yeah I'm with you on that cdee. If I was flying #2 saturday the carnage would have been worse. I'm sure the gear would have ripped the bottom of the pitts off. I was lucky I was flying #1 still haven't done a check flight after the repair. Heat and wind all this week. At least the a/c is finally fixed here at work.
Hot and dry here too (Denver)... at least we got through all the fires for a bit, knock on wood.
cdee
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:24 AM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
Hot and dry here too (Denver)... at least we got through all the fires for a bit, knock on wood.
cdee
I didn't know you are in Denver!
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:31 AM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
I didn't know you are in Denver!
... North Lakewood / Wheatride-Applewood Area...

we will have to hook up sometime and fly... I spend a lot of time at Action Hobbyies, really close to the house... if you have not been in that HS, and you are on the west side sometime stop in... if you dont know him, Brad is the big tall guy... really helpful when you have questions or need something special
cdee
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:38 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,541 Posts
The hobby shop where I got my DX6i is just the opposite. I asked how to use the Tx and the guy didn't know. He said he just sells the stuff. I have to learn everything on a trial and error basis, but its working so far. It just cost more to learn. Mistakes are expensive. Thats why I like this forum everyone is very helpful. Thanks all.

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:43 AM
Addicted
Joined Dec 2011
1,184 Posts
Quote:
... North Lakewood / Wheatride-Applewood Area...

we will have to hook up sometime and fly... I spend a lot of time at Action Hobbyies, really close to the house... if you have not been in that HS, and you are on the west side sometime stop in... if you dont know him, Brad is the big tall guy... really helpful when you have questions or need something special
cdee
Cool, I'm in the opposite corner. Englewood/Centennial, though I'm technically in Parker.

I've been to Action RC once. Great shop but not too close and I don't get up that way often. I met Brad at the indoor flying thing this spring.

Yeah, we will have to get together. I'm getting the RC Factory Sbach soon
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:49 AM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,927 Posts
Quote:
Cool, I'm in the opposite corner. Englewood/Centennial, though I'm technically in Parker.

I've been to Action RC once. Great shop but not too close and I don't get up that way often. I met Brad at the indoor flying thing this spring.

Yeah, we will have to get together. I'm getting the RC Factory Sbach soon
Which size sbach... there are three now... Next indoor funfly at the sports complex on Kipling is Aug 3rd... you going?
cdee
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:22 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Oct 2009
236 Posts
Hey how does the Telink bipe compare to the Pitts? It looks like it might handle the weather better.
Idoitall is offline Find More Posts by Idoitall
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:26 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoitall View Post
Hey how does the Telink bipe compare to the Pitts? It looks like it might handle the weather better.
two completely different animals, both are very, very fun... Pitts does good in the wind with 3s, Telink/Buster, just because it's bigger and has good power will handle more wind. Pitts can be flown in a very small area, Buster needs a little more room, but not as much as the Big Slick.
cdee
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:27 PM
Addicted
Joined Dec 2011
1,184 Posts
Quote:
Which size sbach... there are three now... Next indoor funfly at the sports complex on Kipling is Aug 3rd... you going?
cdee
48". Same as the one you should be receiving tomorrow

This Pitts looks like my next one to replace my Yak. I love the Crack Yak but it's getting on the crooked side, haha.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:29 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,927 Posts
Quote:
48". Same as the one you should be receiving tomorrow

This Pitts looks like my next one to replace my Yak. I love the Crack Yak but it's getting on the crooked side, haha.
If you are at the next indoor, you can take my Pitts for a spin... afterwards you will try and talk me out of it....

Yak is my favorite for indoors on 2s.
cdee
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:40 PM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
452 Posts
Quote:
If you are at the next indoor, you can take my Pitts for a spin... afterwards you will try and talk me out of it....

Yak is my favorite for indoors on 2s.
cdee
What do you like about the Yak better than the Extra Slick?
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:57 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLAV8R View Post
What do you like about the Yak better than the Extra Slick?
The Yak, seems to be a little more floaty and quick, ie, better in tight spaces. In all honesty I have not flown the Extra Slick as much indoors, but it is my favorite (outdoor) nite flier... all lite up with the lights from Twisted Hobbys....
cdee
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:57 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Oct 2009
236 Posts
Quote:
two completely different animals, both are very, very fun... Pitts does good in the wind with 3s, Telink/Buster, just because it's bigger and has good power will handle more wind. Pitts can be flown in a very small area, Buster needs a little more room, but not as much as the Big Slick.
cdee
Thanks. I have a very nice Hacker system that needs a home. I don't really want to buy metal gear servos since I already have lots of hs-55's... I'll get on the Telink forum and look around.
Idoitall is offline Find More Posts by Idoitall