HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:16 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
Here's a small clip of the carnage from Saturday. Lost half the elevator. Still had some charge in the pack so I tossed it into the air to run the pack down. Flew pretty good too. Didn't have the cam on though. Little welders and she was back in the air.

http://youtu.be/qJ1BW5HuL5U

And here's a couple pics of the aftermath.
Now all you have to do is tear the wings off of the other side, and you will have a good shot at winning the Twisted Hobby's contest (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...stcount=2133).
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Last edited by Jboy90277; Jul 22, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:08 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Here's a small clip of the carnage from Saturday. Lost half the elevator. Still had some charge in the pack so I tossed it into the air to run the pack down. Flew pretty good too. Didn't have the cam on though. Little welders and she was back in the air.

http://youtu.be/qJ1BW5HuL5U

And here's a couple pics of the aftermath.
Dang,,, why did you turn the cam off? I would love to have seen that and as Jboy said you could have been in with a shot of a free airframe. Love how you just caught it on cam at the end of the video Good job it was that side you lost and not the other.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:33 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,541 Posts
Well I just lost one of the servo arms on my Edge 540 by driving it into the blacktop at in the hotel parking lot but thats still not as bad as losing half the elevator. I can put a new controll horn on and I'll be up and flying when I get home. I hate being on the road.

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:52 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
Well I just lost one of the servo arms on my Edge 540 by driving it into the blacktop at in the hotel parking lot.......I hate being on the road.
Tom
Quote:
Yep, here I sit hundreds of miles away from home.......I do have the Edge 540 with me but its too windy up here in Tenn. to try it in the hotel parking lot. Oh well, tomorrows another day.
Tom
Quote:
.......TH makes the best planes for money in my opinion. I left it in a HOT truck bed for the last 300 miles and still had a ball flying it around the hotel parking lot.......Love this plane.
Tom
Surprised to find myself in agreement with a guy who spends so much time loitering around hotel parking lots!

Dave

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:08 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,273 Posts
Hi Brad
When will the power system be in stock again? Thanks
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:01 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,482 Posts
That wasn't the end of the video I edited out my reaction due to the possible age range of users here.
That was one of the better flights I had with the Pitts up to that point. I do live up to the Kamikaze part of my name.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:19 PM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2soar View Post
Hi Brad
When will the power system be in stock again? Thanks
I was wondering the same thing.
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:22 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,315 Posts
I think they're waiting on the upgraded motor with the new bearings still for the combo. You guys can still grab some servos and the esc from them and grab a motrofly that can run on 2s and 3s from subsonicplanes.com . They have great motors and i think you can even run the 9'' prop on 3s! I think SDone had the motrofly on it in his video.
hone1er is offline Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:32 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,254 Posts
Sorry guys its feels like pulling teeth to get our motors lately. Mostly do to our testing and pushing harder to improve and refine each of the components we can offer. The good news is we have our first batch due to arrive this week.
Twisted Realm is online now Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:22 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimbus Dave View Post
Hi Tom,
DX6i will handle the flaperon and mixes. Relatively straight forward.
- After installing the 2 aileron servos, must select under 'wing type' ...'flaperons'.
- Can then select 'Elevator to flap' mixing and adjust as required
- Differential can also be selected as required
Manual explains all these settlings.
Cheers....D
With the dual servos do I use a Y connection for the servos and plug into the aileron port? Not at home right now so I can't look in the DX6i manual.

Tom
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:24 AM
Joined Jan 2006
758 Posts
Quote:
With the dual servos do I use a Y connection for the servos and plug into the aileron port? Not at home right now so I can't look in the DX6i manual.

Tom
Hi Tom,
No Y connector.
Right aileron servo plugs into the receiver 'aileron' servo port.
Left aileron servo plugs into the receiver 'aux1' servo port.
Nimbus Dave is offline Find More Posts by Nimbus Dave
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:26 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,482 Posts
That's if you're running a 5+ channel receiver. The dual servo setup won’t work if you’re running 4 channel receiver like I am.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:20 AM
Joined Jan 2006
758 Posts
Quote:
That's if you're running a 5+ channel receiver. The dual servo setup won’t work if you’re running 4 channel receiver like I am.
Yes. You are correct.....
Nimbus Dave is offline Find More Posts by Nimbus Dave
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:21 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,541 Posts
I'm using the 6 channel orange Rx. I'll try this when I get home. Right now its time to get out of this hotel and on the road. Thanks for the help.

Tom
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:13 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Oct 2009
236 Posts
I left my Pitts un-attended over the weekend while I was gone. I must have left it in a very bad position. When I got home it was all bent up. Wings crooked, fuselage warped. I had to use 5 carbon rods to get it back to a decent shape. still flies great though.
Idoitall is offline Find More Posts by Idoitall