Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 14, 2012, 01:53 PM
jacksonville florida
Joined Feb 2005
367 Posts
i went with the crack mtr , on 2 cells its super easy to hover , 3 cells its on fire, things happen allittle faster, best foamy ive had .....very happy
cbear is online now Find More Posts by cbear
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2012, 02:25 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,687 Posts
Has anyone done a Real Flight plane for the Crack Pitts? I downloaded the CY but would like one of the Pitts also if it exists.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Jul 14, 2012, 04:25 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,303 Posts
Nope no one has done it yet, wish it was though. Be nice to have it for the windy super hot days.
Hoping the winds play nice in the am so I can get some flights in. Or I'm going to try to do some more kovering (hovering while it acts as a kite).
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:17 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Lol. Kovering I love it. I did a bit of that this evening. Was tricky flying in front of the house tonight breeze was coming in and out of the houses bouncing me all around. Still a blast though. Finally able to do decently smooth 4 point rolls with it tonight as well. Been just trying to get smooth at the simple stuff too.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:30 PM
Don't worry be happy :)
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofiraq View Post
you dont need the pack to buy the kit i got my stuff from hobbyking

motor http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21862

speed controler/bec http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=23606

batteries x2 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20415

total shipped 39 bucks

add some servos and your gold.
I've also used that motor. For good 3D performance the plane should weight less than 6 oz and that's hard to get to with the TH planes.

This one is much better. Very powerful: 2612 Brushless Outrunner 1900KV
. With this motor GWS 8x4 DD gives great performance.
Stark is offline Find More Posts by Stark
Last edited by Stark; Jul 14, 2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:00 PM
Build em lite......
Joined Apr 2012
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post
I've also used that motor. For good 3D performance the plane should weight less than 6 oz and that's hard to get to with the TH planes.

This one is much better. Very powerful: 2612 Brushless Outrunner 1900KV
. With this motor GWS 8x4 DD gives great performance.
Agree with most. The Hobby King 2204-1400T is too light for the Pitts...very good for the Crack Slick and Crack Yak. The 2612 much better choice for the Pitts...
nkhamlue is offline Find More Posts by nkhamlue
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:42 PM
USA, CA, Turlock
Joined Apr 2009
130 Posts
well that wasnt exactly in stock in the us so i went with something that would get it in the air. im no pro by far i mean im using a dx5e for crying out loud! flew it today for the first time and must of went threw about 6 batteries today.does like to throw the props and i noticed if i reved up the motor to fast the motor made a grumble noise and wouldnt power the prop again till i lowered the throttle and raised it back up again slower. i kinda think its because the esc motor controler think was spitting out to fast of a timing and the motor could keep up with it. any ideas on that. also i noticed using surgical tubing with a 3s that if i do full throw rolls or loops at a decent but not nearly full speed that it will throw a band. i used 2 surgical tubings and that lasted a flight worth of hard fast turns without comming off but like i said one flight.
getmeoutofiraq is offline Find More Posts by getmeoutofiraq
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:31 AM
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofiraq View Post
... i noticed if i reved up the motor to fast the motor made a grumble noise and wouldnt power the prop again till i lowered the throttle and raised it back up again slower....
No, probably to low. Set the timing on high.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:06 AM
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
Also check the connection between the ESC and the motor. Bad connection or a bad solder joint could get the motor out,of sync.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:19 AM
USA, CA, Turlock
Joined Apr 2009
130 Posts
no they are good connections did em myself and gave em a little tug after i soldered them like normal. i have tried the low and med timing settings i guess next will be the high and see how that goes. thanks for the advice.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:44 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Oct 2009
228 Posts
This is the motor I ordered for the Pitts

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ushless/Detail

Hope it works
Idoitall is offline Find More Posts by Idoitall
Old Jul 15, 2012, 02:02 PM
USA, CA, Turlock
Joined Apr 2009
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoitall View Post

Hope it works
Looks like a good prop saver screws i dont think that would ever lose a band.thats my biggest problem with it right now.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 03:12 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoitall View Post

Hope it works
Looks like a stock Blue (silver) Wonder. That's the same motor I'm running on both my CY and CPitts. 2S/9" prop 3S/8" prop. I put the motor mount behind the included motor mount so as not to change the nose moment.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Jul 15, 2012, 03:26 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Oct 2009
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr View Post
Looks like a stock Blue (silver) Wonder. That's the same motor I'm running on both my CY and CPitts. 2S/9" prop 3S/8" prop. I put the motor mount behind the included motor mount so as not to change the nose moment.

Azarr
Cool! Can't wait to get home and put it together.
Idoitall is offline Find More Posts by Idoitall
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:57 PM
USA, CA, Turlock
Joined Apr 2009
130 Posts
just a couple vids i wanted to share with you all. nothing GREAT but just thought id share.

first one is of my prop comming off for the first time after i test the servo throw.
crack pitts test gone wrong (0 min 28 sec)

next one is of my first day of flying a pitts. also my first time fling a 3d plane other then on a sim. using a dx5e so nothing great really, just my attempt at some flying and some little tricks.
twisted hobbys crack pitts maiden flight (3 min 37 sec)

i know im no pro to say the least so hold the applause.
Last edited by getmeoutofiraq; Jul 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: chaged the vid to not have music