HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2012, 12:13 AM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
883 Posts
USPS tracking say's mine is due tomorrow.
asosestrom is offline Find More Posts by asosestrom
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2012, 01:12 AM
7.62x51
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2010
699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Feen View Post
What setup is everyone planning on running? 2s or 3s. I can't decide...but thinking 3s. Thanks!
I went 2s on my Crack Yak. I'll use the same packs on the Crack Bipe. Building it light is the way to go. Sure, it doesn't do as well with wind as 3s, but indoors or on a calm day and it floats around like a feather!
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Old May 05, 2012, 04:37 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLAV8R View Post
Anyone know which Beacon glue is best to use for EPP?

Beacon make several different types. I used Welder's glue on the 32" TH Edge and just want to try a different glue.

And where to get it....
Beacon 527, you can get it at Walmart in the craft section or at Michaels. Works just as good as Welders but has a stronger smell and sets up a little slower.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old May 05, 2012, 05:28 AM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElIntocable View Post
I went 2s on my Crack Yak. I'll use the same packs on the Crack Bipe. Building it light is the way to go. Sure, it doesn't do as well with wind as 3s, but indoors or on a calm day and it floats around like a feather!
How many cells are they running in the Crack bipe in the video on TH site?
RC_Feen is offline Find More Posts by RC_Feen
Old May 05, 2012, 06:31 AM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
Beacon 527, you can get it at Walmart in the craft section or at Michaels. Works just as good as Welders but has a stronger smell and sets up a little slower.
Thanks for the info.
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old May 05, 2012, 06:31 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,642 Posts
The current video on the site is on 2S.

The plane works great on either setup. The new 1450KV Crack Series motor is great on 2S with a 9x4.7 prop, or 3S with a 8x4.3. On 2S, it's very light, floaty, and gentle. On 3S it's got a bit more energy. I prefer the 3S setup, but it's as easy as changing a prop and a battery to fly both.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old May 05, 2012, 08:21 AM
Joined Feb 2008
1,321 Posts
Is the Beacon 527 better than Beacon Foam-Tac? The guys in the group I fly with use Foam-Tac so that is what I bought.
e-gull is offline Find More Posts by e-gull
Old May 05, 2012, 08:44 AM
Sparta,WI,USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,565 Posts
Have built several fan fold projects using Beacon Fabri-Tac. Lay a small bead down on each surface, drag a finger across the adhesive to spread it out even, let parts stand for a couple minutes and join. The longer you wait before joining the more it is like a contact cement. A couple minutes allows for some alignment time. Sets in an hour or so, complete cure over night.

Looking for their Foam-Tac. Have a Hobby Lobby and Michaels in the area, will look there.

RonJ
RonJ is offline Find More Posts by RonJ
Old May 05, 2012, 09:09 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,617 Posts
I've been using both Foam-Tac and Welders, for a little while.

I hesitate to say that one is better than the other -- they both seem very good and I haven't noted significant advantages of one over the other.

The one factor that often causes me to reach for the Welders first -- especially when I'm in a hurry and not likely to work fastidiously -- is that the Foam-Tac tends to create little threads of glue in the air, which can be a tiny bit messy.

Dave

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old May 05, 2012, 09:42 AM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,962 Posts
Also, this plane has so much side area that you will need some rudder to turn. The nose will stay high if you just bank and yank...this is good training and it will help you get used to using the rudder. If you are a newer pilot and you are having trouble making coordinated turns, you can do an aileron -> rudder mix of about 40%...so left aileron gives 40% left rudder, and right aileron gives 40% right rudder. This will help with your turns as you learn...put it on a switch though; it will really screw up harrier rolls if you try to fly those with the mix on![/QUOTE]

It's a little like saying "It's a great boat but it dosen't float very good..this is good training for those trying to learn to swim".

The bipes i have flown have not needed rudder input to achieve a good turn and if they had, i would have landed and looked for a cause.

Can CG be adjusted to combat this? or is there any other way to eliminate the need for rudder input during a turn??
Gravitycheat is offline Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
Old May 05, 2012, 11:27 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-gull View Post
Is the Beacon 527 better than Beacon Foam-Tac? The guys in the group I fly with use Foam-Tac so that is what I bought.
Foam Tac works good as well, and I believe you can also use it on depron as well as long as you don't go too heavy with the adhesive. I've never been able to find foam Tac locally but the 527 is pretty easy to find if you can't find Welders. Most any of the Goop adhesives work well, E6000, and Quick Grab work good too.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old May 05, 2012, 11:56 AM
United States, NY, Wyoming
Joined Apr 2011
108 Posts
I don't know what is worse, it took me a whole day to see this thread or after I spotted it I waited 5 minutes to order the plane.
starwarsfan is offline Find More Posts by starwarsfan
Old May 05, 2012, 04:37 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,831 Posts
Hmmmmm....

I wonder what I will be doing this afternoon....????
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old May 05, 2012, 05:04 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Nice one cdee looking forward to hearing what you think of it. Both in terms of build, I know how fastidious you are on your builds, and in flight.

Shouldn't be long before Parkaero has them in stock for us now
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old May 05, 2012, 06:39 PM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
883 Posts
Just got home and there was a box on the doorstep:-)

The build is on!
asosestrom is offline Find More Posts by asosestrom