HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2012, 08:33 PM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
450 Posts
Awesome job Cody and TH Team! Can't wait to get mine.
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2012, 10:04 PM
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2010
682 Posts
Any chance of coming out with a blue (this color!) or green one? Time frame? If not, I'll pull the trigger TONIGHT!
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Old May 04, 2012, 12:49 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,205 Posts
Im thinking i need some 3s batteries. Sounds like i'd enjoy that on this one.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old May 04, 2012, 01:40 AM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
692 Posts
I'm hooked!

Looks great! I've been wanting to get a smaller EPP plane to fly around the yard. I had a Crack Yak in the queue to order but the Crack Pitts just took it's place for now. Been wanting a biplane. This will be my first TH plane. Some many TH planes I would like to have...Extra Slick, Crack Yak, Edge 540. Can't wait...
RC_Feen is offline Find More Posts by RC_Feen
Old May 04, 2012, 02:16 AM
Joined Jul 2010
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Feen View Post
Looks great! I've been wanting to get a smaller EPP plane to fly around the yard. I had a Crack Yak in the queue to order but the Crack Pitts just took it's place for now. Been wanting a biplane. This will be my first TH plane. Some many TH planes I would like to have...Extra Slick, Crack Yak, Edge 540. Can't wait...
You'll be even more hooked once you get one. I have the Crack Yak and all I can say is WOW! The build was super easy. The only difficult part was installing the elevator and rudder control rod supports. They took the time to add the little cuts for them on the Crack Pitts! Awesome!

I've owned a McFoamy and it was nice, just not as nice as the Crack Yak. What I like about the TH planes is they don't need intricate truss work to be rigid. I'll definitely be getting this bipe. Hopefully someone will come on here and tell me they plan on coming with a blue version!
Old May 04, 2012, 03:11 AM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElIntocable View Post
You'll be even more hooked once you get one. I have the Crack Yak and all I can say is WOW! The build was super easy. The only difficult part was installing the elevator and rudder control rod supports. They took the time to add the little cuts for them on the Crack Pitts! Awesome!

I've owned a McFoamy and it was nice, just not as nice as the Crack Yak. What I like about the TH planes is they don't need intricate truss work to be rigid. I'll definitely be getting this bipe. Hopefully someone will come on here and tell me they plan on coming with a blue version!
I have a 42" EPP Edge 540 by Fancy Foam. This is the only EPP foam plane I've had. Good to fly at the field but a little big flying in the yard at home. I've had my eye on a TH EPP plane for awhile and the Crack Pitts fits the size I want. I would expect we'll see a different color Crack Pitts soon.
Old May 04, 2012, 11:16 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,629 Posts
Quote:

The guide cutouts are there on the Extra Slick, Crack Yak, and Crack Pitts 12...they are just kind of hard to find because they are so small.

If you can't find the cutouts, just stick the guides where you think they should go...make sure they are in a straight line and equally spaced and you'll be fine.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old May 04, 2012, 11:32 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:

for me the only real PITA was adjusting servo arms after i had glued all together... ended up cutting a chunk of foam out... (speaking about crack yak.... any tips how to remove servo screw after all has been glued?
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old May 04, 2012, 11:40 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Feen View Post
your forgot to include the little Sbach... !
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old May 04, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Jul 2010
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
The guide cutouts are there on the Extra Slick, Crack Yak, and Crack Pitts 12...they are just kind of hard to find because they are so small.

If you can't find the cutouts, just stick the guides where you think they should go...make sure they are in a straight line and equally spaced and you'll be fine.
Really?! Dang. It would have made life WAY easier knowing that during the build. I got lucky with the elevator rod, but I got some Welders on the rudder's rod. I had to systematically remove the glue with an xacto knife! It turned out perfect. My CG was DEAD ON.
Old May 04, 2012, 07:48 PM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
for me the only real PITA was adjusting servo arms after i had glued all together... ended up cutting a chunk of foam out... (speaking about crack yak.... any tips how to remove servo screw after all has been glued?
Try some debonder. I have this stuff and it works great!
Old May 04, 2012, 08:11 PM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
450 Posts
Anyone know which Beacon glue is best to use for EPP?

Beacon make several different types. I used Welder's glue on the 32" TH Edge and just want to try a different glue.

And where to get it....
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old May 04, 2012, 10:37 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Awwww cmon! I was just about to get a crack yak now you make me decide?!
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 04, 2012, 11:38 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,205 Posts
I'm excited to start hearing some flight reports. People will probably start receiving their crack pitts tomorrow.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old May 04, 2012, 11:42 PM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
692 Posts
2s or 3s

What setup is everyone planning on running? 2s or 3s. I can't decide...but thinking 3s. Thanks!