HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:32 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
Man jimbo that's one tough hood your in. Don't the cops got better things to do? Geez!
Nah, too many little old ladies looking through cracks in the curtains? Too many cars parked on the kerb too hit as well.

Ill try it one day. Not just yet.

Pitts in the Park. Second flight out. Got a pack in before the darkness fell, getting early over here now

Fun with Twisted Hobbies Crack Pitts (4 min 13 sec)
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:11 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,387 Posts
Nice! That song sure brings back some memories. Looks like your time with the yak has paid off jimbo. The flying is getting better!

Funny you mentioning about giving yard flying a try. Took Pitts #2 for a spin in mine this afternoon. Not as much fun as flying in the field at work (more room) but doable.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:11 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,682 Posts
Heres some more, if you remember this tune, you were prolly partying to hard in the 80s.
It was quite windy. The pitts managed it OK, i got a couple of packs but eventually before the wind got too much and i gave up. The Crack Yak has stayed indoors since i got the Pitts, i really should take her out, but the pitts just rolls so nicely.

Closer to the Twisted Hobbies Crack Pitts in some wind : Flight 3 (2 min 40 sec)
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:00 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Another good video Jimbo. I'm not sure I remember the tune but I do remember the tunes it is sampled from! what does that tell you?
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:31 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,387 Posts
That you're well seasoned (old fart) like the rest of us Avie.

Ahh the 80s were a bluuuur to me. At times I can't remember what I did yesterday let alone back then.

Going need to work on Pitts #2 got a little cocky and need to repair the LG and a few other things. But damn was it fun flying!
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:47 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
Ahh the 80s were a bluuuur to me.
Ditto...

Anyway, i flew the Yak and the Pitts both this evening. In no wind. What a blast. What a great fly.

3 packs with the pitts, then i finally said, right ive bought the Yak, might as well try it.

What a great pair they are. The Yak is way easier to fly when stalled. Is that me? Or is that what is to be expected? Or havent i set the pitts up right? The pitts also seems to be affected by torque more, ie in the hangs, it turns when you blip the power.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 05:18 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,682 Posts
Crack Pitts vs Crack Yak

Twisted Duet (6 min 32 sec)
Old Oct 20, 2012, 05:38 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Some classic Rush?? awesome. The video too, makes me want to get out there so bad, havent flown in over a week. Cold, rainy, and windy. Summer is over here,
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:23 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Hehe stub I'm going thru withdrawal too. Flew a very few batteries this entire week. Maybe 4 total. Lol.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:18 PM
Tresure Coast Florida
Joined Feb 2004
268 Posts
Hey, no fair, you guys bought all the Gens Ace 450's from Hobbypartz!! They are out of stock!!

Just finnished reading 1,824 posts and started building today. I have only one 2S and one 3S from TH to get started but now know that is waaaaayyyyy short of what I will need. So... do you guys have a $3.00ish source for 2S or $4.00ish for 3S that isn't ten days away like HK?

I'm also going to use Progressive or Buddy for multi-charging gear. Will my single input (multi-cell) balancer balance 6 identical LiPo's with a 1X6 harness?

Thanks for all the great info and entertainment on the last 122 pages.
Backyard is offline Find More Posts by Backyard
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:24 PM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
980 Posts
I have been buying my lipos from Hobby Partz. Sometimes their shipping is fast and other times not so much it seems. Who knows... I have some of the GA's... sorry... lol... I also have bought several of their 500mah sky lipo's and really like them as well. I think I got them for like 2.65/each or something crazy like that. They are probably sold out now too. Just keep looking and when they have them, get all you want. lol. I've got about 20 packs for 2s flying and that's just about right for me.
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:31 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2006
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backyard View Post
Hey, no fair, you guys bought all the Gens Ace 450's from Hobbypartz!! They are out of stock!!

Just finnished reading 1,824 posts and started building today. I have only one 2S and one 3S from TH to get started but now know that is waaaaayyyyy short of what I will need. So... do you guys have a $3.00ish source for 2S or $4.00ish for 3S that isn't ten days away like HK?

I'm also going to use Progressive or Buddy for multi-charging gear. Will my single input (multi-cell) balancer balance 6 identical LiPo's with a 1X6 harness?

Thanks for all the great info and entertainment on the last 122 pages.

EPBuddy has the 2S glacier batts, heard good things about them.
Ahmed_A is offline Find More Posts by Ahmed_A
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:29 PM
USA, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Mar 2010
675 Posts
EP buddy

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=349
rcguy1958 is offline Find More Posts by rcguy1958
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:35 PM
United States, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2012
186 Posts
I've purchased all my lipos from the HK USA warehouse. Shipping time has always been <5 days.
docbrew is offline Find More Posts by docbrew
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:12 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,387 Posts
Yeah there seems to have been a run on the Gens Ace batts. Since the crack series planes got started. You can't beat the price and performance on them. Been running sky lipos on my planes as well. Got to try some of the nanotechs though the 1s nanos I got stinked.