SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:35 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
That's what I've been waiting for Jimbo. Can't argue with that for a maiden, your rolling circles are really coming on. That flying field of yours is great, masses of room. How are you getting on with your ExtraVaganza?
Thanks mate, Extra is in build. Not much more done to it, though got the servos now minus motor/esc.
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:42 PM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
983 Posts
Nice video and what an awesome sky to be flying under!
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:42 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
Nice video and what an awesome sky to be flying under!
Agreed!
cwojcik is online now Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:14 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,487 Posts
Agree with the other guys, real nice video man. If I had that kind of background I'd probably do more flying than working.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:05 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,708 Posts
Lol guys. Thanks for the words. I would swop our wind, rain and clouds for your sun, blue skys and 90 c any day!
Gotta say thinking about it after the fact, the Pitts really was awesome. I think I prefer it over the crack yak after one flight, it just did everything the CY can do, but better!
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:28 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,487 Posts
Out of the planes I have the Pitts is the first in the air. Then the yak and slick for those days I just want to kick some foam around. I'm able to do more with the Pitts that I can't with the others. Give me a micro Pitts and all would be good in the world.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:38 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Oh man a micro Pitts. That would be insane. A Pitts lite I would buy in a second as well.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:04 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
Lol guys. Thanks for the words. I would swop our wind, rain and clouds for your sun, blue skys and 90 c any day!
Gotta say thinking about it after the fact, the Pitts really was awesome. I think I prefer it over the crack yak after one flight, it just did everything the CY can do, but better!
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:57 PM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
716 Posts
Right rudder

Just finishing up the build and had a question. When you give right rudder does your CF rod for the rudder flex out?
RC_Feen is online now Find More Posts by RC_Feen
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:35 PM
Austrian adrenaline junkie...
Joined Jun 2012
64 Posts
Mine does...
Shouldn't be too much, then it's ok i think
tigerduck is offline Find More Posts by tigerduck
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:33 PM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
716 Posts
Okay...cool. It looks like I get equal amount of travel left & right. Another setup question: When installing the ESC, is everyone mounting it on the left underside of the main horizontal section and using velcro to mount the ESC? Just wanted to check. The only thing I have left is to mount the ESC, motor and clean-up the servo wires. Trying to decide if I want to mount the landing gear or not. Tomorrow will be maiden. Can't wait! Thanks again!
Last edited by RC_Feen; Oct 16, 2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:32 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,487 Posts
It's a matter of preference of where the electronics are mounted. I have mine mounted on the vertical just above the landing gear on one Pitts. The other has it mounted on the horizontal near the nose. On all my planes I'm trying to get it as close to the nose though. To get cg figured out. Also use velcro to mount them so it's easier to take off if needed. Enjoy the Pitts!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:46 PM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
It's a matter of preference of where the electronics are mounted. I have mine mounted on the vertical just above the landing gear on one Pitts. The other has it mounted on the horizontal near the nose. On all my planes I'm trying to get it as close to the nose though. To get cg figured out. Also use velcro to mount them so it's easier to take off if needed. Enjoy the Pitts!
Thanks for the feedback. I'll get it all sorted out tonight.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:47 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I mounted my rx on one side and the esc on the other, that was what I gathered was the recommended way to do it. And I used hot glue
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:58 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,487 Posts
Check to make sure you didn't melt through the heat shrink on the esc with the hotglue stu. I lost an esc landing in a grassy area with morning dew. Fried the esc when it got wet. Good thing it was a cheap hk esc.
I've kept electronics on one side to compensate having the battery on the other and got in the habit of doing it that way. Keeps the lateral balance up to snuff as well.