Yes it's foam. And the spars are balsa.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:17 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,353 Posts
Sadly no it's not, though I know a few guys that wish it was.

If the weather and my leg plays nice sunday I might get some flying in. Thank god for realflight 6 or I'd really be jonsing.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:19 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG40 View Post
Hi, Is this Bipe available foam only?
I prefer to paint myself and use carbon instead of wood. Thanks
Unfortunately the plane is only available right now painted and as a complete kit. You could replace the hardwood spars with carbon if you really wanted to but IMO it's not necessary.

If you are really interested in a white airframe you could email Brad and if enough people commit to it it may be a possibility. However usually the white schemes don't sell nearly as well as the painted versions so it's not worth it.
cwojcik is online now Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:18 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
JForbes, thanks so much for sending me the foam. It will come in handy when I need to make repairs or reinforcements. Much appreciated.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:34 PM
United States, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2012
186 Posts
LOL, I got finally got some good KE spins on the old pitts tonight. It took a little work to get into but once in she spun like a top. Humm 3s next?? I bet the prop would spin off. Guess I'll find out. Oh Brad...be looking for another order of props from me.
docbrew is offline Find More Posts by docbrew
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:53 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,353 Posts
If you go 3s make sure to use the heavy duty rings or two latex bands. With the power 3s has it'll throw the prop in no time. I ened up with a collection of props of both sizes just in case.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:38 AM
United States, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2012
186 Posts
I currently use 3 latex bands to hold the prop on.
docbrew is offline Find More Posts by docbrew
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:03 AM
Too much is just not enough...
Joined Jan 2009
1,044 Posts
I've been using one piece of tubing. I cut it as thick as will fit below the screw head, but so far, so good!

Has anyone tried using long headless screws (set screws)? I was thinking they might make it simpler to install the rings, but didn't know if the ring would spin off without the screw head.
Woody_99 is online now Find More Posts by Woody_99
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:31 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,667 Posts
Guess what Jimbo has...

Look whats here today waiting for me ,ill give you one guess...

Thanks to Mark at Park Aero, the usual fantastic service, he got a couple of kits for me, saved them back, then when they both arrived, sent them first class and arrived next day, on saturday too, setting the standard. Thanks again Mark.

Jimbo.
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:12 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,353 Posts
Woody with the new 24g I couldn't get the HD rings past the screw heads it's why I went back to the latex. Two bands cut to 3/16 is all I use. On the older motor the hd rings work fine.

Welcome to the club jimbo. Be waiting to see some of your video work here too.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:35 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo320 View Post
Look whats here today waiting for me ,ill give you one guess...

Thanks to Mark at Park Aero, the usual fantastic service, he got a couple of kits for me, saved them back, then when they both arrived, sent them first class and arrived next day, on saturday too, setting the standard. Thanks again Mark.

Jimbo.
Nice one Jimbo. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it and of course the video's. Take it the other kit is the ExtraVaganza
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:41 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Jimbo prepare yourself your about to experience the next level !
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:01 PM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,667 Posts
Hehe, extra vaganza... yeah... cant wait to get that little baby in the air. Youd better warn the extra 330 thread there are likely to be some 'jimbo attempts poorly to fly a big telink videos'....
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:25 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
I have probably built and flown 40 planes since I bought my first TH plane. The TH planes are still flying. I don't know why I even try to build anything else, but I will. At least I can always come back to my TH planes and know that I'll have a plane that flies first time every time. Oh well back to work on my Mako.

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:03 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,667 Posts
Here the parts on the scale. Im re using a hyperion motor rated at 1400kv and 10A esc i had knocking about. Servos im going for ES08s.
The target weight is 180g on the box. On the scale the bits minus the servos are weighing 174g. So no chance of hitting the target weight this time. Prolly due to the heavy motor. The motor is rated 3s so there will prolly be an extra few grams there.
First impressions, it looks a bit more flimsy than the CY. In fact the wings look way skinnier. Im going to have to go easy with this one or itll be in bits with my flying.

The question i need to answer, to swiss or not too swiss, so the crack pitts becomes a 'swiss pitts' ?