HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:14 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
I bought the Twisted LED kit for a night fly the club should be having in a few weeks, but still have not tried it out in full darkness. At twilight, it just seems to look like a couple of LEDs on the struts, so I am hoping that in full darkness it really makes the whole fuse glow like a lantern, which is the effect I think is supposed to occur.
yes, and on the mono-planes it works very nicely, with the bipe it might be a little different. Posts some pics of your Pitts all lite up if you can.
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:03 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
So, how best to remove the aileron servo? Glued in with welders.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:11 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
I'd just run the knife around it the best you can. You'll probably find you can flex the epp enough to get it out but if you can't just cut out the section that is stopping you and glue it back in when you put your new servo in. It seems a bit daunting to start off with but you'll probably find it easier than you think.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:14 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
OK, thanks. I think the servo may be bad, it seems as it is not going back to center properly.
Post#1564
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:24 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
OK, thanks. I think the servo may be bad, it seems as it is not going back to center properly.
Post#1564
I have that problem sometimes. Do you own a DX6i, I do and it can do that. Might be it.

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:26 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Futaba 6ex with Futaba 3114 servo's.
Last edited by stuball56; Sep 24, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:40 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I think maybe my ailerons are a bit too stiff, would this cause a problem? I disconnected them from the servo and they take what seems too much force to move freely. I have them at a 90 degree angle now, hoping they will "loosen" up. I did put a thin smear of Welders on top of the hinge, and a small piece of Scotch gift tape at the ends to hopefully prevent a tear from starting.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:12 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,746 Posts
If possible use low temp hot glue for mounting all the electronics and only run the beads where you can get to them later with a long nose or something. Than if needing to replace an item, paint the hot glue bead with alcohol on a q-tip a couple times, than grab onto the glue bead with the needle nose and pull it out.
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:52 AM
Austrian adrenaline junkie...
Joined Jun 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
Well, heres where I'm at so far. Just about ready to glue the interlinking rods in. I made a couple spacers to place between the wings and both spacers are exactly the same size. That should keep everything in place while the glue dries. The 2 rods are a tad bit long. About 1/8" or less but with the spacers I shouldn't have any problems.
Could anybody check for me if the wings should be parallel (top to bottom wing)?!?
Because mine are not for approx 3mm, I`m a little concerned about this...

Just noticed that while making the spacers.
Then double checked if the wings are glued flat on the vertical fuse, all OK...
tigerduck is offline Find More Posts by tigerduck
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:59 AM
Too much is just not enough...
Joined Jan 2009
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
I think maybe my ailerons are a bit too stiff, would this cause a problem? I disconnected them from the servo and they take what seems too much force to move freely. I have them at a 90 degree angle now, hoping they will "loosen" up. I did put a thin smear of Welders on top of the hinge, and a small piece of Scotch gift tape at the ends to hopefully prevent a tear from starting.
From my personal experience, if you ran the Welders down the hinge, they are a lot stiffer than they were. I disconnected all my linkages and bent and flexed the surfaces to free them up. Really helped mine move more freely, even though I had bent and weighted them down before initial installation.
Seems like these little servos don't buzz or complain, they just won't move if the load is too high.
Also double check the linkages, with the z bends, and make sure it's not binding up. Doesn't take much.
Hope this helps, and you can prevent replacing a servo.
Woody_99 is offline Find More Posts by Woody_99
Last edited by Woody_99; Sep 26, 2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:45 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Had my best flight yet this evening. Very light wind, up to maybe 6 mph, but mostly calm. Flew the longest flight yet, 5 mins. Funny, I am getting quite good at going around in a circular pattern if going counterclockwise, but if I try to go the other way I get fouled up. At least tonight I did. But it was great, I actualy landed the plane to end my flight, instead of letting a crash end it for me.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:14 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
Any time I bring the plane home in one piece its a good flight. Planes want to turn left. Fly along straight and easy then add full power. Nice job on the Polaris. Looks great.

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:46 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
Planes want to turn left. Fly along straight and easy then add full power. Nice job on the Polaris. Looks great.
Tom
I didnt even think about that fact, that a plane wants to go left. Because of the torque of the prop spinning in that direction? What do you mean about "add full power"? Why is that? And then what? Thanks.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:58 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Unless I'm hovering, all my planes like to turn in both directions... aviation technology has come a long way!
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:58 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,348 Posts
Bringing your birds home in one piece is always a good thing. Though for the most part I don't notice some battle scars till later.

I got a little confused about what Tom is talking about too. Could be the pain meds as well. Hmm...
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot