HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2012, 08:44 PM
Real Pilot Learning To Fly!
Joined May 2012
1 Posts
Discussion
New here, new to RC helis

Hello all, I'm Steven

Just ordered my first RC Heli (Heli-Max Axe CP), and am waiting on pins and needles for UPS to deliver! I say it's my first, but it's really just my my first CP. I've had FP models, but it just isn't the same. I recently retired from a career in the Army flying scout helicopters, and I hope the learn RC helis quickly and add to this community. I look forward to learning CP RC helis, giving advice based on my experience, and getting advice based on yours!

Steven M.
CW3 (Ret.), USA
oh58dmtp1975 is offline Find More Posts by oh58dmtp1975
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2012, 09:58 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Thank you for your service, Steven and welcome.

That heli is quite old and has issues. There is a thread for it in the micro or mini heli forums that should help. But, you are going to have to search for it as it hasn't been very active in at least a year or two.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old May 03, 2012, 04:54 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,084 Posts
Next in line to welcome you aboard Steven! Took a lesson or 2 in a full-scale heli and came to the conclusion (very quickly) it was a lot safer looking from the ground up - especially when the brain takes a short nap 100 times a day. Been flying for about ... nooo we don't want to go there. Anyhow have funs!! Lots of peoples on the forum here to help - although your mileage may vary from theirs and not all the help helps. Barl may be a cranky old fart - come to think of it so am I - but his facts are facts - his logic is sound - his opinion is based on a lot of experience - and he has helped a lot of people from crashing head first into walls - which is the way most newbies crash the first year or two. Welcome aboard - have fun!

captJac
CaptJac is offline Find More Posts by CaptJac
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2012, 12:42 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh58dmtp1975 View Post
Hello all, I'm Steven

Just ordered my first RC Heli (Heli-Max Axe CP), and am waiting on pins and needles for UPS to deliver! I say it's my first, but it's really just my my first CP. I've had FP models, but it just isn't the same. I recently retired from a career in the Army flying scout helicopters, and I hope the learn RC helis quickly and add to this community. I look forward to learning CP RC helis, giving advice based on my experience, and getting advice based on yours!

Steven M.
CW3 (Ret.), USA
-Here's a link to a long thread specific to your new heli. Good luck and have fun!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ghlight=axe+cp
elan is offline Find More Posts by elan
Old May 03, 2012, 06:50 PM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,505 Posts
if that is your first RC heli OP get a sim NOW
also get a mCX2 put the AxeCP way for a wile fly the mCX2 and work on the sim take a free lesson from captjac here and you will be much happier with this hobby

i see you fly full scale but none of what you have learned works with our models
head over to helifreak and talk to the guys there bunch of full scale guys all will tell you the same thing

the AxeCP isnt the best starter heli ether imo your better off with a 450 (a good one not a clone) or a 500 again not a clone
but the outlay is higher
i started with a co-ax > to a sim + 500 and i really think this is the best route
also make sure you join the AMA it doesnt cost much but if your going to stick with the hobby you really should
http://www.modelaircraft.org/
and here is a link to imo the best starter heli you can get
it does need batteries, charger and radio but youll have much better heli to learn on and wont be fighting the heli and learn faster
http://www.performanceplusrc.com/ser...E-Super/Detail
learning to build and maintain them as just big of task as learning to fly remember your your own crew chief here
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Last edited by Elios000; May 03, 2012 at 06:57 PM.