SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 02, 2012, 06:58 PM
Registered User
gromitvt10's Avatar
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,987 Posts
Question
E REvo 1/16 Lipo?

I'm looking at getting a E Revo 1/16 soon and wanted to know what the bigest MAH lipo can fit in it,, both 2s and 3s? I'm going to get the parallel harness, i'm looking for max play time. I'm putting in an order to hobbyking soon so i'd rather get it from them, thanks.

Kyle
gromitvt10 is online now Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2012, 03:15 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Jeremy Kamutzki's Avatar
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
The largest 2s LiPo that will fit is 2200mah. I think the largest 3s is around 1400mah. I have the MERV VXL and I just bought 2 of these batteries from hobbyking They are an insane improvement over the stock battery, and Half the price! I can do wheelies on command, and moving wheelies, up to 1/4 throttle. It can easily flip itself on its back. This is fine for me because I use it for bashing, not speed runs and road driving. If you want to get absolutely insane, buy these from hobbyking..

The bonus about these batteries is that they have a 10C charge rate and they are dirt cheap!

I love them and would definately recommend them. The 2s ones go out of stock rather fast though, so when they're in stock you gotta grab 'em

Edit: Hobbyking also has a parallel connector for way cheaper than the Traxxas one. You can buy it here
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 09:33 PM
Registered User
gromitvt10's Avatar
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki View Post
The largest 2s LiPo that will fit is 2200mah. I think the largest 3s is around 1400mah. I have the MERV VXL and I just bought 2 of these batteries from hobbyking They are an insane improvement over the stock battery, and Half the price! I can do wheelies on command, and moving wheelies, up to 1/4 throttle. It can easily flip itself on its back. This is fine for me because I use it for bashing, not speed runs and road driving. If you want to get absolutely insane, buy these from hobbyking..

The bonus about these batteries is that they have a 10C charge rate and they are dirt cheap!

I love them and would definately recommend them. The 2s ones go out of stock rather fast though, so when they're in stock you gotta grab 'em

Edit: Hobbyking also has a parallel connector for way cheaper than the Traxxas one. You can buy it here
Awesome, thanks!!! This is exactly what i was looking for

Kyle
gromitvt10 is online now Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 10:57 AM
Registered User
wparsons's Avatar
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,919 Posts
I have these 2s packs:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10289

and these 3s packs:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9326

in mine, but I had to trim the battery doors for the wires to fit. Those nano-tech packs have smaller wires and will probably be a direct fit (right plugs too).
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2012, 06:25 PM
Outdoor Extremist
rustlererad3's Avatar
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
the stock esc in the mini revo did not like 3s too much for me
rustlererad3 is offline Find More Posts by rustlererad3
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2012, 07:33 PM
Registered User
gromitvt10's Avatar
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustlererad3 View Post
the stock esc in the mini revo did not like 3s too much for me
I plan on staying with the 2s packs, i have the larger brushless E-Revo on 3s 5000mahs and that thing hauls! I'm getting a pair of MERV XLSs for my two boys so they leave mine alone, should be a fun summer
gromitvt10 is online now Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2012, 08:36 AM
Registered User
wparsons's Avatar
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,919 Posts
Just don't run the packs in series on the mini, two 2s in series will fry the esc pretty much instantly. Parallel is good, and gives you lots of run time.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2012, 09:37 AM
Registered User
gromitvt10's Avatar
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Just don't run the packs in series on the mini, two 2s in series will fry the esc pretty much instantly. Parallel is good, and gives you lots of run time.
Gotcha, added the parallel connector to my hobbyking cart as well. Thanks.
gromitvt10 is online now Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2012, 02:49 PM
Outdoor Extremist
rustlererad3's Avatar
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
that sounds awesome and question for, what did you break while running 6s as far as the drive train goes
rustlererad3 is offline Find More Posts by rustlererad3
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Traxxas 1/16 E-Revo VXL Brushless - Jumping, Bashing, and Other Insanity DJO Car Talk 1 Apr 25, 2012 07:52 PM
Sold Traxxas E-Revo vxl 1/16 RTR blurz28 Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 4 Mar 07, 2012 12:18 AM
Found Looking for mini E-Revo 1/16 VXL kromaey Cars - Trucks and Parts (FS/W) 3 Mar 02, 2012 02:39 PM
Sold 1/16 E-Revo VXL, Spektrum SR3100 and 8 lipos! LRHann Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 5 Jan 29, 2012 09:20 PM
Sold Traxxas 1/16 E-Revo VXL Brushless F/S/T >> Jato 1/10 & E-Revo look here! phantomette Cars - Trucks and Parts (FS/W) 13 Jan 11, 2010 01:43 AM