HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2012, 06:44 PM
United States, VA, Fredericksburg
Joined Sep 2008
150 Posts
Discussion
Has anyone else had problems with Grayson Hobby?

Just wondering, but has anyone else placed an order with Grayson Hobby, gotten a shipping "confirmation" but after a week and a half the item hasn't even made it to the post office to be shipped? I've attempted to use their ticket system twice, but have not received any response. It seems that this policy of giving shipping confirmations without shipping the package at least a day or two after (if not the same day) is bad customer service.
fyrc22 is offline Find More Posts by fyrc22
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2012, 10:29 AM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
I have ordered from them and their service and shipping was fine. Call them direct.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old May 03, 2012, 12:35 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrc22 View Post
Just wondering, but has anyone else placed an order with Grayson Hobby, gotten a shipping "confirmation" but after a week and a half the item hasn't even made it to the post office to be shipped? I've attempted to use their ticket system twice, but have not received any response. It seems that this policy of giving shipping confirmations without shipping the package at least a day or two after (if not the same day) is bad customer service.
Type their name in the "Search this forum" function on the right side of the page of the main vendor forum. You will get threads about slow shipping dating back to 2008.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Last edited by Xrayted; May 03, 2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old May 03, 2012, 01:49 PM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
I guess that answers that question.
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Last edited by countilaw; May 03, 2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 04, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Sep 2008
150 Posts
He told me a day or so ago that he had shipped the package but the post office just hadn't gotten it out after a week and a half.......sounds a little sketchy on the part of the post office now.
I'll let you all know how it plays out.
Old May 21, 2012, 06:42 PM
Joined Sep 2008
150 Posts
Well, Grayson still hasn't gotten my package to me, so I'm going to cancel my order if they don't resend the package that apparently "got lost" by tomorrow.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 10:02 AM
United States, AL, Rogersville
Joined Dec 2011
1 Posts
Communication Failure

I also had difficulty getting my order from Grayson Hobby. I placed an order on May 1st 2012, received no communication at all for a week, then bounced back and forth in their Ticketing Support System for a couple weeks. I was promised the order would be received in 2 or 3 days. It was not.

I filed a complaint with PayPal, then I was forced to escalate the complaint to a claim. Two days after I issued the PayPal claim. I received a USPS tracking number and finally got the order yesterday.

What a way to do business??? My biggest complaint is the lack of communication. IF they had responded with "we are slammed" or "just back from vacation" or some sort of explanation, I would have understood. PayPal only gives you a finite amount of time to escalate a complaint to a claim, so I had to take that action. If I had not filed a claim, I wonder if I would have ever seen my order???

Sorry Grayson, you have lost this customer.
fore4me is offline Find More Posts by fore4me
Old Jun 01, 2012, 11:57 AM
USA, MA, Northfield
Joined Sep 2005
641 Posts
years ago

Many years ago (7?) i placed a mail order paid by postal money order, after getting the ok. Couple of weeks went by so i PM'd Grayson Hobbies. PM reply "Was sent" but when it did arrive a few days later it was postmarked by the "home" post office after i PM'd Lt. Smash. Course that happened with several others but most were honest and said they forgot it.
jim e is offline Find More Posts by jim e
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 01, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined Sep 2008
150 Posts
finally got my package a few days ago, after a month - probably not ordering from them again
Old Jun 10, 2012, 09:23 PM
GRAYSON HOBBY
Grayson, GA
Joined Oct 2003
1,087 Posts
Hi Guys

Just to let you know about the time you ordered we moved to our new faculty. We did the best we could to move over the weekend not to interrupt shipping orders, but we had more stuff than I anticipated.

Sorry for that delay, it will not happen again as our new place allows for quick efficient order processing.

Basil
Lt.Smash is offline Find More Posts by Lt.Smash
Old Jun 10, 2012, 09:38 PM
Joined Sep 2008
150 Posts
Will give it another try......I liked the esc I got and it was a reasonable price, I just wish it programmed easier. Using it on my 3DHS Edge 540 48"
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:34 PM
GRAYSON HOBBY
Grayson, GA
Joined Oct 2003
1,087 Posts
Nice..Im sorry to say, the ESC manufacture will not make a programming card. I ask them all the time, (even in person)

We have a few setups here in ATL on 3DHS planes, their planes and our electronics make a good combo.

Thanks for the order(s)

Basil
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:01 AM
United States, WA, Twisp
Joined Jan 2010
27 Posts
Grayson Hobby Has been Very Good To me

Grayson Hobby is one of the Good Guys for good prices, fast shipping and good service. I placed an order for 5 servos, got 4, called them and the fifth one was shipped no questions asked.
Thanks Grayson
Hill Top Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Hill Top Flyer
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:40 AM
GRAYSON HOBBY
Grayson, GA
Joined Oct 2003
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Top Flyer View Post
Grayson Hobby is one of the Good Guys for good prices, fast shipping and good service. I placed an order for 5 servos, got 4, called them and the fifth one was shipped no questions asked.
Thanks Grayson
Hi HTF

Thanks for the feedback.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:30 PM
Joined Sep 2008
150 Posts
Grayson, I would very much appreciate it if you would actually check what you're putting in the boxes. On the sheet inside my package it shows that two different people signed off that they had checked my package to make sure the contents were correct....but the JR module was switched with a FUTABA module. It even says FUTABA on it! you guys don't even have that on the website! Needless to say I'm dissapointed again. I figured I'd give you guys a second chance, but really?? I sent in a ticket, please get it fixed. Thank you.