SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 02, 2012, 04:36 PM
United States, WA, Goldendale
Joined Apr 2012
198 Posts
Discussion
Dumas Skymaster PLANS NEEDED

I bought a Dumas Skymaster kit #211 off of ebay but the seller didn't tell me he did not have the plans. Anyone have or can copy a set for me? I am looking forward to putting some PKZ micro motors in it and flying it in the local gym. Anyone else do this with this kit?
gva1956 is online now Find More Posts by gva1956
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2012, 05:22 PM
ACT, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
34 Posts
You may be in luck - have sent you a PM
DarrylB is offline Find More Posts by DarrylB
Old May 03, 2012, 01:15 PM
West of California Speedway, East of LaLa, North of Disneyland
Joined May 2001
2,277 Posts
Sorry, no plans here, but I remember seeing newsreel footage of C-54 Skymasters delivering food and supplies into Berlin during the airlift on KTLA-TV on our very first TV set in 1954.

Back then, having Douglas (Long Beach), Northrop (Hawthorne), North American (LAX) and Lockheed (Burbank) virtually within a few miles of where I grew up in Glendale, CA was a natural setting for causing me to become a lifelong airplane nut.

Make sure we see the fruits of your labor as the plane progresses!!

Also, may I suggest that you transfer the printwood patterns onto lighter balsa and/or selectively substitute Depron or Proformance foam in places where strength is not paramount. You may also want to consider editing the plans and using fewer ribs and stringers.

"Light-er for better flight-er !!"
356Jim is offline Find More Posts by 356Jim
Last edited by 356Jim; May 03, 2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old May 04, 2012, 10:16 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356Jim View Post
Sorry, no plans here, but I remember seeing newsreel footage of C-54 Skymasters delivering food and supplies into Berlin during the airlift on KTLA-TV on our very first TV set in 1954.

Back then, having Douglas (Long Beach), Northrop (Hawthorne), North American (LAX) and Lockheed (Burbank) virtually within a few miles of where I grew up in Glendale, CA was a natural setting for causing me to become a lifelong airplane nut.

Make sure we see the fruits of your labor as the plane progresses!!

Also, may I suggest that you transfer the printwood patterns onto lighter balsa and/or selectively substitute Depron or Proformance foam in places where strength is not paramount. You may also want to consider editing the plans and using fewer ribs and stringers.

"Light-er for better flight-er !!"
I think this is a Cessna Skymaster... the inline twin.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old May 04, 2012, 11:29 PM
West of California Speedway, East of LaLa, North of Disneyland
Joined May 2001
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
I think this is a Cessna Skymaster... the inline twin.
So, I should flush my memory?

The Cessna Skymaster is one noisy b+tch of a plane. We used to have one fly over occasionally. What a racket.

Oh, well...........................................

Sorry for the intrusion
356Jim is offline Find More Posts by 356Jim
Old May 05, 2012, 11:59 AM
IWC
Joined Feb 2003
2,731 Posts
Noise is a piaggio avanti
IWC is online now Find More Posts by IWC
Old May 09, 2012, 03:55 PM
United States, WA, Goldendale
Joined Apr 2012
198 Posts
Got the plans

Got the plans thanks for all your help !
gva1956 is online now Find More Posts by gva1956