HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:46 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,221 Posts
Thanks for kind words Sundancer! You and the other Guys made it possible!!
im starting a tomtitXX (almost adult movie) but may be this one will take me longer to built and stay in the "Britkit"...
colibriguitars is offline Find More Posts by colibriguitars
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:16 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,282 Posts
We have our 16th completed entry, cswee's pretty little KK Soarer Baby, currently waiting for decent weather for testing. I'm hoping we can get to the 20 completed level by the closing date - strong hint to those with part completed builds (I've given up hope on the ones who haven't started yet!)
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:11 AM
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2005
128 Posts
I really enjoyed my little Soarer Baby build so I have decided to go with another Keil Kraft kit -the Achilles.

Chris
cswee is offline Find More Posts by cswee
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:54 PM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,282 Posts
Great stuff Chris, the Achilles is a classic. Pretty much everyone who has built a model for this build off seems to have had lots of enjoyment out of the process, which makes me very happy indeed. REAL aeromodelling lives!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:16 PM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,281 Posts
I must admit that there are still several BritKits that I'd like to build - it's a pity I came along so late..................
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:47 PM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,282 Posts
Don't worry Colonel - BritPLANS next and there are HUNDREDS of those!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:10 AM
Joined Nov 2008
3,281 Posts
I have several in mind - and that list is constantly changing!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:25 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,282 Posts
Only several Colonel??? Don't expect any sympathy from me! I started by going through the file of full size plans and making a pile of those I quite fancied building before looking at other options that would need either downloading or scaling up from magazine drawings. Suffice to say that the "quite fancied" stack is already several inches high and I haven't finished yet. I think this may have to be a ten year build off! So many plans, so little time.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:22 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,282 Posts
Well, my plans to build an R/C conversion of the Stunt Queen as a final entry for the Britkit have been derailed by domestic events, including Ali badly spraining an ankle which rendered her hors de combat for a couple of weeks. Looking at the amount of work in the Stunt Queen I doubt I could finish it in time, so rather than try and fail I have trotted out "Plan B".

I had intended to build a Frog Tarquin for the Frog Build Off, but that didn't work out, so, as it is a quicker/simpler conversion that the SQ, I have decided to do it now. Not sure yet whether it will be R/E or just rudder, but so that I am committed I have started a build log at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post23264481
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:57 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,282 Posts
Chris has now flown his completed KK Soarer Baby; reminder to those with unfinished models (including me!) - 6 weeks to go to get them finished if you want them included in the final poll. Remember, it isn't necessary to have flown the model by 31/12/2012, just have posted a picture of the finished job.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:19 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Nov 2010
612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
Chris has now flown his completed KK Soarer Baby; reminder to those with unfinished models (including me!) - 6 weeks to go to get them finished if you want them included in the final poll. Remember, it isn't necessary to have flown the model by 31/12/2012, just have posted a picture of the finished job.
I'm doing my best George, I've been somewhat sidetracked by this thing,
kkphantom is offline Find More Posts by kkphantom
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:25 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,282 Posts
Ummm, very nice Gary! But I was really looking forward to that Nipper, so I hope ou can squeeze the time in to finish it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:26 AM
Joined Nov 2008
3,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkphantom View Post
...........I've been somewhat sidetracked by this thing,
Oh my giddy aunt.........!!!

Hang on, if you stare at that structure long enough through half closed eyes, you can see a picture of a dolphin.......
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:50 AM
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
2,545 Posts
>going through the file of full size plans and making a pile of those I quite fancied building

Hmmmphh ... I have well over 800 fullsize plans in the file cabinet, plus other digital files ... and over the past couple of days I've been fruitlessly going through them looking for some Nostalgia or Oldtimer design that I might fancy building this winter.

For all other purposes - power, rubber and glider - I build my own designs and I already have got more than enough of them than can be flown on the two 3-day contest 'weekends' that are available to me annually.

Gotta do something to keep my fingers busy this winter but .... inspiration will surely strike. I hope...
Applehoney is online now Find More Posts by Applehoney
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:55 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,282 Posts
I'm sure you can find something to build for the Britplan build off Jim. You could always try a r***o conversion and find out just how much fun it can be - then you might have something to fly on days other than the two contests!
RCG Plus Member